Clarity Credit Management for Honours Student Loands

hedgey06
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5983 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm currently reclaiming bank charges back from nat west, so I tend to spend most of time in there!! However, after yet another numpty call from Clarity Credit Management, I thought I'd start a thread in here for some experienced advice.

I have some old student loans (went back as a mature student - didn't realise I'd end up in so much debt!!!) I pay £40 per month to the old Student Loan company for one of the loans, but the other two are held with Honours.

After nearly three years of ridiculous phone calls, promises to send me an income & expenditure sheet, threats for all-sorts - Clarity phoned me out of the blue last week. I have to be honest - I was a bit rude to the person who called - because he was basically asking why I haven't been in touch with them (errrrrrr didn't know I was supposed to!), why I'm refusing to pay the loans back (errrrrr, I'm not - it's just that Honours have failed to send me an inc/exp sheet to assess repayments) and told me that Clarity would be collecting the debt.

The upshot was, he promised to send me an inc/exp sheet so that we could come to some arrangement about the charges (it's never arrived). Then today, I had a letter from them saying

"we are disappointed that you failed to respond to our earlier letter. Be assured we have every intention of pursuing you for this debt on behalf of our client. You must tel immediately......... etc............ if you do not it will lead to one of the following actions"

- an agent may call on you at this address

- if you are the owner of the address, legal action may be taken to secure a charge on your property

- if we confirm you are in regular employment our client may sue you and apply to the court for an attachment of earnings

I've contacted them - and now await (another promise!!) an inc/exp sheet!!! The thing is, I'm sick and tired of these shennanigins, I'm fed up of idiots phoning me every night, I'm tired of threats of being taken to court or losing my home, and I have no doubt that I won't receive anything from this company except more threats!

Is there anything at all that I can do to resolve this? Does anybody have any advice as to what I can do next please? And why are my student loans now with 'Clarity' even though Honours failed to send me the correct paperwork (for years!!!).

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hedgey xxx :confused:

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

No words of advice I'm afraid, but I'll come keep you company in the anti-Clarity forum!

Honours passed my account to them also after failing to properly process a deferment. They want almost 4k now, but none of it was due for repayment as I had applied for deferment based on crap salary, and am now no longer working due to disability. There have been several calls and promises of forms and investigation, but still nothing.

Trying to find an email address for them without success atm

Hope you get something sorted with them

Steve

Hi Steve, glad I'm not the only one fed up with clarity! After speaking with them yet again and basically being called a liar by a Clarity employee, I got totally cheesed off and managed to find the email address for Ron Morrell, Head of Quality and Compliance [email protected]

I sent quite a snotty email complaining about his employee's disgusting attitudes and downright ineffeciency and............ lo and behold........... got what I originally asked for!! (don't think they like complaints!)

Still not sure why Honours have passed the loans to Clarity, but at least they know I'm not going to roll over like a dog while they stomp all over me!

I'll pm you the email that I sent to them if it's any help? Let me know!

Hedgey xxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 7 months later...

just to let you know

: Clarity credit management owned by nikko who owns cabot

http://www.npil.co.uk/news_item.asp?ID=45

it is funny that your thread is about student loans because

nikko who own clarity also have their finger in

npil - asset warehousing, corporate and portfolio acquisitions

oh yes !!!!!

THE DEAL

In April 1999, the UK Government completed the second sale of student loans from the Student Loans Company Limited to the private sector. Assets totalling £1.03bn were securitised in a complex and innovative structure. This substantially improved on the previous deal in the asset class

In November 2004, Honours migrated the administration of the loans from the Student Loan Company to Ventura, a leading UK 3rd party servicer.

A consortium of investors owns the subordinated instruments (quasi-equity) of the Honours purchasing vehicles with NPIL holding 46%.

THE NPIL DIFFERENCE

NPIL combined its core structured finance skills with a strong ability to quickly understand a new asset class, thus allowing us to analyse and price the residual cash flows from the loans. This enabled us to execute the deal in the most profitable and efficient manner.

We continue to take an active role in the management and administration of the portfolio, leveraging on our experience in the consumer finance sector.

Visit the Honours Student Loans Website

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

this is ron morrell

Ron Morrell

Head of Quality and Compliance

Ron has been involved at a senior management level in teams responsible for secured and unsecured collection and recoveries.

He has had over 25 years of working in regulated Financial Services and has considerable experience in developing and improving Quality Management Systems.

His focus is on continually improving our business processes therefore ensuring a first class quality of service to our Clients and that we operate within all Statutory and Code of Practice Guidelines and to the highest ethical standards.

Hi Steve, glad I'm not the only one fed up with clarity! After speaking with them yet again and basically being called a liar by a Clarity employee, I got totally cheesed off and managed to find the email address for Ron Morrell, Head of Quality and Compliance [email protected]

I sent quite a snotty email complaining about his employee's disgusting attitudes and downright ineffeciency and............ lo and behold........... got what I originally asked for!! (don't think they like complaints!)

Still not sure why Honours have passed the loans to Clarity, but at least they know I'm not going to roll over like a dog while they stomp all over me!

I'll pm you the email that I sent to them if it's any help? Let me know!

Hedgey xxx :p

So is there any update at all Hedgey??