Too strange to be a co-incidence?

djdave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6097 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm helping my other half reclaim her charges from Capital One, and also asking them to consider temporarily lowering her repayments for a while.

To their credit, they're actually being reasonable, but that's another story.

What's strange is that we've not had any kind of junk mail for years, and yet since we started dealing with Cap One she's had mailshots from Yes Loans and (today) Debt Reducers.

I can't find anything which links them with each other, nor with Cap One, but it just seems very odd that the moment we start tackling her finances we start getting junk mail from these parasites.

Now of course I'm not making any allegations (!) but would be interested in people's comments.

:)

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)

Did she tick or cross the "don't send me any marketing stuff and don't pass my details on to any of your associates" box when she applied for her credit card? If she never it may be that they then pass the info on, I always try and tick or cross the boxes when I apply for anythings, also a member of the mail preference service which cuts junk mail down :)

Not sure in this case, but we're in MPS and both routinely tick the "no junk" boxes.

• Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

djdave, I got a CCJ in late 2005, had I have not been so ill I could probably have stopped it...but thats another story! Anyway about 2 weeks after the CCJ being granted (if thats the word!) I started getting a constant stream of loan offers from companies I'd never heard of...they all referred to bad credit history, etc...and were all addressed to me personally...Ms Zimmie @ your address. I have always been convinced this stream of 'generous' offers was connected to my CCJ. In an effort to stop this unsolicited mail I registered with the Mailing Preference Service, I have since still had a few. I used to rip my name & addy off & put them in the recycling bin. I have now decided to keep anymore and send them to MPS with a complaint.

I strongly suspect that details of my CCJ have been viewed by disreputable finance companies, who have decided that they can help me in my unfortunate circumstances :rolleyes:

I totally agree with you djdave...it seems very suspicious!

I'm helping my other half reclaim her charges from Capital One, and also asking them to consider temporarily lowering her repayments for a while.

To their credit, they're actually being reasonable, but that's another story.

What's strange is that we've not had any kind of junk mail for years, and yet since we started dealing with Cap One she's had mailshots from Yes Loans and (today) Debt Reducers.

I can't find anything which links them with each other, nor with Cap One, but it just seems very odd that the moment we start tackling her finances we start getting junk mail from these parasites.

Now of course I'm not making any allegations (!) but would be interested in people's comments.

Yes it is rather bizarre.

I too get letters offering me loans, car HP all sort of things to get me further into debt. Now, how do they know i am having money troubles? This information can only come from the banks / credit cards. Nobody else knows about my situation! When i was ok financially, like you, i never got bothered.

What my intention is now is to try and find out where these lenders got my details from, when i find out they have come from the bank or credit card co.s there will probably be hell to pay!

That is one thing i implicity said to the banks and credit cards companies DO NOT share my information with others.

Guest ian cognito

This IS strange, I have paid off my Cap One credit cards and have since stopped getting junk mail from them, I am not in any arrears with any payments, nor am I overdrawn at the bank, however, since I started claiming back my bank charges, I have had loads of junk mail from loan and debt companies???

• 4 months later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I have a question.

Anybody who also received junk mail offering loans while they were dealing with their creditors, please try and remember if you had applied for a credit report in the weeks previously.

If so, could you post your experiences here. And have a look at the thread below - it's possible that there's a link.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/112671-r-subject-access-request.html

A couple of years ago I worked in the accounts of a firm and they dealt with buying and selling marketing address lists. As others have advised join the mail preference service (telephone preference service also available) and if any slip through the net either forward to mps or strike through your name and address writing RETURN TO SENDER and put back in postbox, it will cost them and then they will manually remove your details from their lists (which they sell) so it doesn't cost them again as the letters are returned to them and not their clients.

I love CAG!