• Tweets

• Even a Piers Morgan is an improvement and a gutless Farage Piers Morgan calls for second Brexit referendum WWW.THELONDONECONOMIC.COM Piers Morgan and Nigel Farage have faced off over Brexit and a second referendum in a heated reunion on BBC Question Time.   “Why don’t we have another referendum about Brexit?” he questioned. “I seem to remember when 2016 came around we were told there was going to be control of our borders and it was going to be economically beneficial to this country. And eight years later we have lost complete control of our borders… and economically it seems to have been a wilful act of self-harm.”   ... Piers missed off : after all somebody said a 48/52 decision would be "unfinished business" by a long way - was that person just bul lying (again)  
    • when did they (who) inform you there was a 'police case' and when was this attained? i will guess the debt is now SB'd as it's UAE 15yrs. have you informed the bsnk ever by email/letter of your correct and current address? you can always ignore anyone else accept the bank,  Block and bounce back all emails. Block any text messages  Ignore any letters unless it's: - a Statutory Demand - a Letter Of Claim - a Court Claimform via Northants bulk.  
    • I left Dubai 8 years ago and intended to return. However a job prospect fell through. I’d been there for 15 years. I decided to pay my credit card and the bank had frozen my account. There is no means to pay the CC so completely unable to pay when I wanted to other than the bank advising me to ask a friend in the UAE to pay it on my behalf!  fast forward bank informs there is a police case against me for non payment. Years later IDR chased me and after months/ years they stopped. Now Judge & Priestley are trying their luck. Now I have received an email in English and Arabic from JP saying the bank has authorised them to collect debts. Is this the same as IDR although I didn’t receive anything like this from them. Just says they are authorised?
    • The neighbour's house is built right on the boundary so the side of their house is effectively the 'wall' in our garden separating the two properties. It's a three storey house and so the mortar poses a potential danger to us. Because of the danger, we have put up an interior fence in our garden to ensure we don't risk mortar dropping on us. That reduces the garden by 25% which is not only an inconvenience, but it's the part of the garden where we had lined up contractors to install a patio and gazebo which we will use for our wedding reception in less than 2 months. We have spoken to the neighbour's caretaker who is on the case, has spoken with a roofer and possibly a scaffolding company, but there are several issues. They don't seem to understand the urgency. As long as there is a risk of falling mortar, we can't carry out any work in the garden, and unless they hurry up, we're looking at cancelling our wedding as it's not viable to book a venue because we can't use our own garden! Also, they want to put the scaffolding up in our garden which would be ok with us if it was a matter of a few days and they hurried up, but there is a tree (most likely protected by the conservation area), so most likely they can only reach part of the roof with the scaffolding if they put it up in our garden. We suggested a roofer with a cherry picker but they seem to want to use a company they've used before. Any and all comments, suggestions, advice is more than welcome.  PS. does it make any difference that the neighbour is a business (ltd) and not a private dwelling?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

final settlement

pebbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi, can anyone help me with the next letter, what do i have to put in my letter re accepting the offer as an interim

any ideas from anyone who have done this already

pebbles

Accept as an interim payment - but tell them you require full refund or off to court we go!!

You don't need any legal jargon or anything, just tell them you will accept their offer but only as an interim payment, and you are continuing with your action for full repayment.

ok thanks for that xx

do i sign the customer acknowledgement accepting the offer and send that with a letter or do i just send them back a letter explaining the situation

pebbles

got my letter back from barclays after i refused the 1st offer of £400, it says this is the final offer and that they will not reimburse me with the full amount, it says that with regret that i will now be proceeding to the county court.

before i go on for the claim in court, is it worth me doing as i havent heard of anyone getting the full amount back, ive seen small amounts getting full settlement.

if so i will need help in filling the n1 form out and where to send it to, i understand that i will have to pay £100 cost.

is this what they do to scare people off

a very nervous pebbles- never done court things........help me

details for particulars of claim are in the library. you literally just need to ammend them to reflect your personal details and figures and then paste them to the form.

don't be nervous. as Alan said before do you think they would have made an initial offer of £400 if they thought they could win. You are right Barclays are procrastinating hugely, I am waiting for their defence to my claim which I filed at the beginning of the month. It will be the standard. Remember they have yet to contest in court. Let alone win. Hold out for the £1200 - big difference between £1200 and £400!!

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Barclays additions account, which is a glorified current account with extras such as breakdown recovery etc is provided at a cost of ten pound per month (just risen from around eight pounds). I presume you have one of these accounts judging by your posts as do i. You do have to sign up and join though which i did from a normal current account and they do tell you there is a charge for the account. Hope this helps

details for particulars of claim are in the library. you literally just need to ammend them to reflect your personal details and figures and then paste them to the form.

don't be nervous. as Alan said before do you think they would have made an initial offer of £400 if they thought they could win. You are right Barclays are procrastinating hugely, I am waiting for their defence to my claim which I filed at the beginning of the month. It will be the standard. Remember they have yet to contest in court. Let alone win. Hold out for the £1200 - big difference between £1200 and £400!!

i dont understand the form:confused: What do i put in the 'in the anywhere county court' at the top? the rest i know what to put.

then where do i send it to, do i send a copy to the bank or will the court do this for me?

is this just the only thing i send or do i send the N1 claims form aswell to the court at the same time

sorry for sounding so thick

pebbles

something strange has happened......

i have just recieved another letter identical to the last one saying we are sorry for your upset and that they are offering me £300. im confused again. i dont think they know what they are doing.

has anyone else had this before?

anyway im ignoring that letter and continuing with the £400 offer and am sending the 3 N1 forms to my local county court and taking it from there.

something funny tho....i went into barclays to draw some money out and only read a poster saying "its your money" ha ha ha

i shall say this in court

wish me luck

pebbles

i went into barclays to draw some money out and only read a poster saying "its your money" ha ha ha

I saw that, today, when I took in my LBA.

It goes on about "Make sure that nobody else spends it !"

:D :D :D

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 2 weeks later...
got my 'notice of issue' back from courts and also 'acknowledge of service has been filed'.

do i just wait now?

pebbles

yes thats all, dont fone them i was told it could be classed as harrasment

TOTALLY debt free as of 2007, Fantastic,

• 4 weeks later...

i have recieved a letter from that geoff at barclays, he has sent me a letter of his defence.

what do i do now?

shall i send it to the courts or do i just hang on to it till i get to court?

many thanks

pebbles

Hi, I have been through all the stages set out on the forum in order to claim back 1050. The bank made me an offer which I only accepted as part payment and sent the letter in the library. They refused so to accept and were sad that i am going to court. I have recentley registerred an online claim against the bank for the full amount + 120 court costs. Received a letter 2 days ago saying they will be entering into a defence for all the money. The letter was signed by someone called Keith Jerimah. so basically I now wait for a questionnaire? this questionnaire how long does it normally take? and does anyone know whats on it? just so that I am prepaired.. cheers

Letter is in the Library you just amend it to your own circumstance's, also on the subject of £13.00 charges, I telephoned Barclays to ask for an extended overdraft just before Xmas as I was skint, The plankton I spoke to stated that unless I sign up to additions Plus account he would not be able to extend my overdraft F*******(Black mail) I say..........

LETS ROCK !!!:D :D :D

Pebbles you need to read MJANETS V LLOYDS experiences, truly exciting and just the way to go

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/1777-mjanet-lloyds-unconditionally.html?highlight=mjanet

regds

Dave

** We would not seek a battle as we are, yet as we are, we say we will not shun it. (Henry V) **

see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:

Follow your spirit; and, upon this charge

Cry 'God for Harry! England and Saint George!'

:D If you think I have helped, informed, or amused you do the clickey scaley thing !! :D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks