rpgsx3r v CapitalOne ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all! I've been reading the site and forums and started the ball rolling lst week with some claims against NatWest. Today I've also started with CapitalOne.

CapitalOne Credit Card

23/4/07 - Sent Data Protection Act letter and £10 cheque.

18/5/07 - Sent Preliminary Letter and Schedule of Charges

30/5/07 - Received offer of 40% (at the £12 fee level).

05/6/07 - Sent LBA.

Will keep you posted!

• 1 month later...

I've been in the process of closing the account during all this and today I received a letter saying the account will be closed soon - but that the positive balance will be sent to me as a cheque. However, this 'positive balance' is merely the difference they want to refund me, which naturally I'm not accepting. However, can I just take this cheque and continue my claim (with an adjusted figure at the N1 stage if it goes that far), or should I just send it back to them clearly stating again that I do not accept it?

Hi, you can accept as part payment, there are templates in the library. Adjust your schedule by entering the refund as a minus figure e.g. £-120. If you haven't posted your LBA yet you could combine acceptance of part payment and LBA.

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

• 4 weeks later...

Little update.

Been a little delayed with this one as I'm dealing with several other claims too. I've cashed the cheque and stipulated it is accepted as part payment only. The N1 will be posted tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Received a letter today offering the full outstanding amount, plus 8% statutory interest and court fees. They claim they will send me a cheque within the next 14 days.

I don't really want to cancel court proceedings until the cheque is cleared and in my bank, but the deadline for their defence is also only 14 days away.

Any advice?

That's good, keep the court option open. You should get your full refund within that time frame. Well done. Congratulations

When you receive your refund can you fill out the survey and a donation to keep the site alive would be appreciated..

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers