Gforce1979 Vs SMILE Bank

gforce1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI all.

This is my first post, and the first step on my way to recovering charges from Smile hopefully !

I have sent the initial "Subject Access Request" letter which according to the Royal Mail was delivered on the 19th April 2007 (I sent it Recorded post).

Do I just wait now, or is there something I should do in the meantime?

Also, apparently they have 40 days to respond. Is this working days, or calendar days?

Are they likely to respond within the timescale from other peoples experience, or do I need to chase?

What is the best way to chase?

Good luck to everybody else in this forum.

THanks, Gforce1979.

'days' are calendar days, they all count

as for chasing, follow the timetable laid out in the step by step instructions, once you have your statements, things roll along pretty quickly

the thread on this board suggest that Smile will settle in full after the LBA

which is nice

Hi. I'm not finding this forum very easy to navigate, I dont suppose you could point me in the direction of the step by step instructions?

Im just looking for a timetable of what to do when. I would like to know when I should chase Smile for my statements back, and what do do whilst waiting etc.

Thanks

Can I ask some advise? Am I wise to claim my charges from my Smile Visa card at the same time as charges from my current account (i.e referring to both in any letters) or should I keep them seperate?)

And what charges can I claim for a credit card? I'm assuming late payment and over-limit charges?

• 4 weeks later...

The deadline for the bank to provide details of charges is drawing close - the 28th of May to be precise and still nothing - I have sent dozens of secure messages asking for an estimated completion date, and have also called a few times (although nobody can really help) are they likely to meet the deadline?

Is it worth re-sending the letter? (although they have confirmed recipt)

• 2 weeks later...

Well smile have failed to comply with my request as they have not provided me the information relating to charges. However somethign that is very alarming - they have provided charges relating to somebody elses account! - and therefore I am assuming that my details landed on somebody elses door mat. Should I be doing something about this? (id addition to reporting them to the Information commisioner for not complying with my SAR).