British Gas - 9months ongoing refund now claiming its owed bills - still ongoing!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

9 months ago i change my supplier from British Gas to Powergen. British Gas from day one supplied my metre readings incorrectly to powergen and since that date i have received nothing but problems. A refund due to myself discovered in July 2006 took various phonecalls and alot of stress over the course of 9 months. Various departments (ofcourse) had to be spoken to and lot of hanging on the phone going through a load of automated services over this time. Over and over i found my account had been blocked for this refund pending correct readings (supplied June 2006). This account was still being blocked/unblocked right up until January 2007. Eventually I received the £10 compensation in January and the refund of £62 in March. I thought my troubles were over and the account would at last be shut down. So imagine my anoyance at receiving an overdue bill of £72 2 weeks later March 2007 (yes thats the amount of Refund due plus the Compensation). I owe nothing on this account. For 9 months the fight for my refund, which is only a small amount to this company, has still not finished. It has in fact become worse as they are now threatening court action and blacklisting my credit rating due to their error. Various letters and phonecalls are not getting me anywhere. I have also contacted local MPs for assistance but am getting really desperate over this situation.

Any help anyone can give me would be so useful and gratefully received. Please help, thank you

British Gas wouldn't supply incorrect readings to Powergen... the new supplier gives the readings to the old one. However it does seem crazy it has taken this length of time to sort out. Have you asked Powergen to re-send the readings to BG at any stage?