• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Robinson Way & Co - Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
When you get a letter from them (when you see the envolope, you can tell its from Robinson Way, cos of the yellow mark on the envolope),put on it (the envolope) return to sender, does not live here anymore. That should stop letters, as it would be marked on the account as 'Gone Away'.

Hi don't know if the above works out too well. i did this years ago & the DCA wrote to my neighbours to see if i did live at that address luckily for me i'm on good terms with my neighbours so they gave me the letters but it was very embarrassing all the same. So I would think twice about this as your neighbours will know your business if they write to them don't know if DCA's can still do this as I say it was years ago.

Well I have just spoken to them, they have apologised and said that the debt has already been passed back to ebay because i am not a resident of the UK.
But the real debtor maybe. You definitely need to get on to Ebay. Don't give up until you have acknoweldegement in writing that you do not owe anything and that Robinson have got the wrong person not just given up because the person (ie you) is not UK resident.

• 1 year later...

Hi current employee of R/way here - will be happy to answer all queries re this company. Please note i will be happy to tell u all i know, however i will not publish anything on the site - please feel free to pm me and i'll be happy to answer all queries

Hi current employee of R/way here - will be happy to answer all queries re this company. Please note i will be happy to tell u all i know, however i will not publish anything on the site - please feel free to pm me and i'll be happy to answer all queries

I'm intrigued to know what kind or person would work for these crooks. I have been following the behaviour of this company for years and it is clear that they use a mixture of willful incompetence, harrassment, bullying and lying as a standard operating procedure.

Personally I have returned over 2 dozen letters "return to sender - no one of this name at this address" over the last 5 years. I get the letters up to once a month. They weren't even the previous occupants at this address. It must have cost RW a lot in postage and stationery by now.

Why do you not open returned mail and update your records?

Why are you unwilling to discuss the disgraceful behaviour of your company publicly?

I will not be PMing you. Answer publicly if you dare.

• 3 weeks later...

Hee hee hee. I just got a Demand from them today. Just finished typing my reply. I do not think they will be very happy reading it. I will post it tomorrow to them so that it arrives on Friday. I love posting letters which will make people like these really pi$$ed off for delivery on Fridays. Hopefully I will then have ruined their weekend. :D:D:D

Incidentally folks, have a read of _http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2009-04-22b.338.0

Note: If there is anything contrary to the Law in their letters or how they behave with you, print the House of Commons page and send them a copy with the letter you send them. REMEMBER: NEVER CALL THEM UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE HARRASSED. DO EVERYTHING IN WRITING SO YOU ALSO HAVE COPIES. Then file a complaint about the debt collection agency to the OFT and send a copy to Gareth Thomas (Minister of State (also in the Department for Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform), Department for International Development; Harrow West, Labour) and ask him to keep to his statements as made in the House of Commons and take action.

IT IS NOT JUST THE OFT OR THE FINANCIAL OMBUDSMAN YOU HAVE TO COMPLAIN TO. IT IS ALSO THE MEMBERS OF PARLAMENT SO THEY GET TO REALLY SEE HOW MANY ARE EFFECTED AND ORDER THE OFT TO TAKE ACTION. In your letter to the MP tell him that you will wait for his reply as to what action has been taken otherwise you will be reporting this to Watchdog for a followup on previous programs about debt collection. (Note: Make sure you are polite in ALL letters so you do not stoop to the low level of these debt collectors).

If I have helped you or made you laugh by some witty remark and brightened your day................ the scales to click are over to your left hand side. :D:D

• 2 months later...

hi folks. I have just got a letter from Robinson Way saying that they will not be taking any part of my dispute. This is due to me quoting the DATA PROTECTION ACT which means that they have no right to any person's details. So why not try doung the same as it seems that will stop them from any action and may even get them closed down.

• 1 month later...

Hi every 1 I to have dealings with Robinson way I recived a letter from them today asking me to ring them to upgrade my patment . I have already sent them a break down of my out goings . i make a regular payment to them. I have told them Im diabled I am 62 yrs old and dont have the money to make a larger payment .But im not going to ring them I will catty on paying what i can aford. Dave.

• 1 month later...

Beware I've had two dealing with this company in the past in both cases the debt was settled, however in both cases once these charlatans had got there money, they did not do what they are obligated to do, and inform there client that the matter had been settled in full, in the first case they told my Bank that the credit card settlement was a "payment", this I only found out two years latter when the bank had me there was an issue regarding my account, and they fact that a third party "not disclosed to me" had told them I was Bankrupt, this took two months to get corrected and the situation regarding the credit card "payment" to be reinstated as "Full settlement". Now regarding the second debt they were processing they did not bother to inform the client at all, which has meant I've now been repeatedly chased by four different companies over the last seven years for a non-existent debt which was "settled" with Robinson & Way Co back in 2003. The latest bunch of chancers looking to cash in on Robinson sloppy paperwork, sent me a letter a couple of weeks ago, I'm so fed up to the back teeth with the whole affaire I've stop trying to prove that I've paid this off, by sending, letters copies of documents at cost to me in time and money etc, and in said just tell them " Take me to court and I'll tell it to the judge".

So be very careful when deal with this company.

Skint4life.

• 2 months later...

I have just got a letter from Robinson Way saying that they are no longer dealing with me and telling me to contact their client directly from now on. So I think that I have been able to stop them from doing anything about this account. One of the things I told them to do was stop acting in the way they do until they sort themselfs out. :)

Hi

I to have had dealings with Robinson way with a debt they say i owe to Capital one sent them the first letter with a pound postal order got a reply back saying account is now on hold why they get the papperwork i require. There time was up on the 25/05/2010 now sent them the 2nd letter saying they failed to supply me with the revelent documents. Does anyone know what i do now if i hear from them

Thanks

Personally I would never send a reminder letter to them.

Once you do a CCA request it’s up to them to come up with the goods, if you start to remind them and challenge them they will get their act together and come up with something.

You know and they know they can’t chase you while a CCA request is outstanding.

I have been dealing with this shower for over 3 years now and use to love sending them letters to get their backs up, however I have come to the conclusion it only makes them more determined to nail you.

• 1 month later...

Interesting to see how this firm has changed over the few years this thread covers - evidently they've moved offices (have new address and phone number now - no longer a 0870 one) and a website and email address on their paperwork.

I've received a letter today regarding an old debt which I settled many years ago (F&F agreed at approx 50% because it was mainly charges, sadly I was too ill informed then to know better than pay it at all) but which has since been sold a couple of times and is now with Capquest.

I'm pretty sure it's statute barred now, certainly it doesn't appear on Experian. There's no danger of me paying it because I don't owe it, but after reading the last post from rev.ian I'm wondering whether my best course of action is in fact to ignore them completely for the time being? The last thing I want is to do anything that gives them an opening to extend the 6-years-since-action thingy even though it'd be wrong for them to do so

They haven't harassed me - this is the first letter so far though I did get a number of calls and a couple of letters from Capquest, so I'm happy to ignore them (even though I'd written a great letter even if I do say so myself) if that's the best course.

Anyone got any feelings either way?

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP EVERY LETTER

they will never stop as they dont think they need any evidence

just what the evidence "would have looked like at the time"

if you point out to them the wrong dates etc, they go and brew up a fresh batch of fraudulent documents

ive also pointed out to them the fact that they arent even the same company but have edited templates to make it look like they are

im going through a vexatious court case with them at the moment and so far theyve produced 4 CCAs, 6 NOA , 2 DN and refused to provide all the required documents in my 3 CPR 31.14 requests

MAKE SURE YOU KEEP EVERY LETTER

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Want to see how Robinson Way like the treatment reversed?

The internal phone system works on 0161 743 XXXX where XXXX is the internal extension number. For example, 0161 743 2481 get you through to Bill Muray, one of the directors. Count up or down I.E 0161 743 2480, 0161 743 2479 etc.

This will ring directly on the desk so no waiting in a q. I found it good to start the call when they answered with "Can you confirm your date of birth and post code"

Needless to say they didn't see the funny side. I had to laugh when Bill Murray threatened to report me if I continued to call for harassment!!!. Pot, Kettle black anyone.

Enjoy :-)