• Tweets

• Include that in your witness statement along with that letter as an exhibit.
    • Yup, well so far they have lied to me about responding to a CCA,  are threatening me with a default notice that they don't have, produced a knocked up version of my NOA, sent me 29 pages of spew for an agreement. No wonder they pay 5 p in the pound for that crap.
    • Paragraph 2. I think there should be further down and also you should make the point that the payment to was made unilaterally and without the imposition of any conditions. Paragraph 3 – this is unnecessary because you are not claiming as an entitled third-party. This worries me because it makes me feel that you haven't fully read around because this is a paragraph which you would include where you were suing EVRi as a beneficial third party because you had actually made your contract with Packlink or some other broker. I think you need to revisit and do some more reading. I'm afraid I have a sense that you have simply copied this from somebody else's witness statement without understanding that it wasn't necessary. Please can you post the amended draft. Other than the suggestions above, it looks okay – but let's see it again for a further appraisal. In terms of the evidence, parties bundle, I think it might be an idea to start off with the correspondence with EVRi and then go onto the other evidence. You will have to amend the index page accordingly. You could shorten this bit. Take 19 is pretty well blank and you may as well miss it out also, there seems to be some repetition of emails and the email chain. I think will be worth going through and getting rid of duplicates if you can. 49 pages is a bit long and it would be a good idea to try and reduce the number. I have a feeling that 50 pages as the County Court limit anyway. The judge will be happier with you if the bundle is smaller. Maybe you could reduce the size of some of the images or messages et cetera. You have got several messages which straddle onto a second page so that things like sign off information and standard confidentiality information become orphans. A bit of manipulation and they could be joined to their parents I think. Page 31 as an example. So is page 19. You may only be up to shorten the whole thing by 56 pages – but I think it would be a good idea. 56 pages is, after all, 10%. If you can do more then so much the better
    • Investment by Dutch brewing giant will create 1,000 new jobs and reopen dozens of closed pubsView the full article
    • Qantas agrees to pay millions to settle lawsuit accusing it of selling tickets to cancelled flights.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

overflow v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI Guys

Well still nothing in post or in bank:(

Looks like Im going to Court tomorrow then for Warrant.

Regards :)

Going on my hols on Wed, so will not be around much for the next 12 days or so old friend. will try to keep an eye on your progress, if I can find an internet cafe. good luck for tommoz, don`t give up now, you are nearly there.

23_32_7.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wishing you well in court today Overflow.

Have a great holiday Stone :-)

CASES:

HALIFAX

07/09/2007 - S.A.R SENT

18/09/2007 - statements received.

Waiting for money to do N1

CAPITAL ONE

WON - Fees, purchase interest, court costs and Stat.

VANQUIS BANK

07/09/2007 - S.A.R SENT

18/09/2007 - C.C.A SENT

I hate this company

LLOYDS TSB BANK (SISTER)

20/09/2007 - statements received

22/11/2007 - N1 filed

Lloyds TSB CREDITCARD (SISTER)

18/09/2007 - C.C.A SENT

Good luck Old Girl! will pop in later tonite or early tommoz to see how you get on

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Hi Guys

Thanks very much all of you for the words of support, your a great bunch.

I went to the Court this morning, (opens at 10.00 I was there 09.59).

Gave the nice man my Request for Warrant of Execution and the fee (:Cry: ) £55.

I thought that once the Judge had granted Judgement that the Warrant was just given to the Bailiffs and they go arter the money. (Just goes to show what I know then).

I was wrong ! The nice man behind the counter said that it has to go before a DJ again to see if he agrees to the Warrwnt then it will go to the bailiffs.

They write to the bank and then allow them about 7 days to pay . If the bank pays then the Court will send me the money after about 15 days ( got to account for cheque clearing).

If they dont pay within the 7 days then he said the bailiff will usually go to the bank ,(but this is rare).

I asked him if they could still ask to set aside and he said yes they could ask for it to be suspended .

The Court would need to send me a copy of the defendants application to have it suspended and a N246A for me to fill in.

All in all, he said it could take anything up to 30 days.:evil:

Oh well there goes my hopes for having it bdfore my hols. Never mind, back to twidilus thumbus I guess. Im getting to be quite an expert at this waiting game now

Ill contact the Court again at the end of the week to see if any movement on it but wont be holding my breath.

Ill update with any news.

• Haha 1

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

hi overflow well at least they will no you are not giving up

i hope you get sorted before your hols and like the nice little man said lol it it rare that the baliff has to go to the bank and hopefully it wont be suspended so wishing you all the best of luck

• Haha 1

Hi overflow, I suppose the only good thing about it is that you won't be skint after your hols, but, I know it would have been lovely for you to have had something to go with. They must love to torment ppl this way, I just hope that they'll never know what it's like to have nothing, they just have no idea what they're doing to us. (Gets down from soapbox) lol

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awww they sure like to keep you waiting for your money, I hope at the very least your interest is accruing each day!

Keep ya chin up :-)

Ops

CASES:

HALIFAX

07/09/2007 - S.A.R SENT

18/09/2007 - statements received.

Waiting for money to do N1

CAPITAL ONE

WON - Fees, purchase interest, court costs and Stat.

VANQUIS BANK

07/09/2007 - S.A.R SENT

18/09/2007 - C.C.A SENT

I hate this company

LLOYDS TSB BANK (SISTER)

22/11/2007 - N1 filed

Lloyds TSB CREDITCARD (SISTER)

18/09/2007 - C.C.A SENT

I think we should start our own thread in the Bear Garden overflow, only for peeps waiting for something to happen. the T.U.B. Club (thumbs up bums ), what do you think venerable friend.:D:D:D

• Haha 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

But then you would have the rest of us jumping in the t.u.b. with you.:p

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

SSL is so right, the "PINK MAFIA" are never far away lolmonkes.gif,

• Haha 1

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But then you would have the rest of us jumping in the t.u.b. with you.:p

Mmmm!

Love the innuendo - goes nicely with the thought of an overflowing tub!

(Mmmmm! My signature seems to have disappeared!)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFL.

No Comment. Im not saying anything that would incriminate myself.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Thanks for comments Ja-De , Opalie and Stone.

Hope you enjoy your hols Stone. Old friend.;)

Thanks for click Ja- de x

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

HI Tilly

Yea I was kinda thinkin that myself,seein as the guy at the Court said it had to go before a Judge again to see if he allowed it.

Im glad you think this as well, puts my mind at rest a bit.

Cheers :)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Hi Guys.

Still nothing in my bank from the haliprats. GGGGRRRRR

I just decided to ring the Courts up in Warrington to see if anything has been done about the warrant.

Nice chappie told me that they had not had anything in from Runcorn (my local) Courts as yet could take a few days to get transferred.

When I originally handed the Request for Warrant in to the court the man behind the desk told me it would need to go before a judge to see if he would grant it.

Today I thought I would as this nice chappie the same question ! I asked if it needed to go before a judge and he said "NO".:o

Mentioned something about it shouldnt take longer than 5 days , but because of the need for the transfer ----blah blah blah.

OK so now Im totally confused, ( doesnt take much) :confused: .

How can one person at one court tell me it does then another person at another court tell me it doesnt.?

I thought that at least when two people are doing the same job that they should at least be reading off the same page ,so to speak, you know what I mean.

Dont know what to think now , he also said that its pretty straight forward unless--- there is something goes wrong and the they would send it back to me with the fee.:(

Ive got cramp in my fingers from keeping them crossed, no not crossed make that entwined.

Playin that old game again then. Im still going to check every day though:lol:

Regards :-)

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Oh Tilly you say the funniest things. Youve just made my day.

Thanks for cheering me up

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

Oh dear overflow, I wish I could wave a magic wand, & you get every penny they owe you, I agree with tilly you DO need a medal hanging there.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW

Thank you Ja-De.

My one consolation in all this is that I know Im not by myself in this. As we all know all too well there are a lot of people on here in more or less the same boat so Im not by myself in the waiting game.

Unfortunately I wasnt the first and I sure as hell eont be the last.

• Haha 1

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwww overflow, don't, you gonna make me cry, & it won't take much today, 'cos my flipping wrist hurts like hell. crutch.gifhehehecrutch.gif I keep trying to click you, but it won't let me lol.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]