Cabot and Kings Hill No1 want my house!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"I asked them to waive the £10 fee for the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) under the circumstances and they agreed. This is a mistake by you as they may claim that your request is not statutory"

I was under the impression that an organisation is entitled to charge a fee of up to £10 when someone makes a SAR. Therefore it is my interpretation that an organisation receiving a SAR request is entitled to contact the subject informing him of a charge for the SAR and requesting payment. However, it is also my interpretation that if the organisation do not do this within reasonable time, they are by their non-contact electing not to charge a fee. Their responsibility in replying to the SAR request remains the same. Similiarly, I interpret the £1 fee for a CCA etc as a charge that the organisation may apply if the choose to do so.

Certainly by sending the maximum fees with your requests you ensure that your request is made upon receipt of the letter, cheques and ID verification. However if you do not enclose the fee I believe the organisation have the right to write to you informing you of a charge. If they fail to do so, they accept to undertake the request without charging a fee.

I would be interested in hearing your thoughts.

I have a question...

If you keep sending SAR's to a company, do they have to reply to each and every one of them?

I'm just wondering, could be a fab way of keeping them busy, by sending one to Cabot each and every week!

£40 quid a month, for such entertainment...

I have a question...

If you keep sending S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s to a company, do they have to reply to each and every one of them? Great Idea but no such repeated S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s are not allowed

I'm just wondering, could be a fab way of keeping them busy, by sending one to Cabot each and every week!

£40 quid a month, for such entertainment...

Employee if you don't pay the fee you cannot demand they comply with the statute.

They do not opt in by tacit consent (not writing to you). If they agree to wave the fee then it must be in writing & in the clear understanding that you fully expect them to comply with their statutory obligations.

Also I strongly suggest that you don't deviate from the process as set out here.

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
I have a question...

If you keep sending S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'s to a company, do they have to reply to each and every one of them?

The ICO's guidelines say they'd only have to reply if there was a genuine likelyhood that the information had changed significantly since your last request.

• Barclays: WON!!! It took four months but was totally worth it!
  • Cabot: I'm still waiting for an enforcable agreement, more than a year after requesting it. Go on, Uncle Ken, take me to court if you dare. You know you want to!
  • Elephant.co.uk: VICTORY - they admitted there was no debt!
  • Ashbourne Management (gym membership): Finally got my default removed and out-of-court settlement; I'm not finished with them yet!

<--- If I've been helpful please remember the scales ;)