SAR Question....

ROB_5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

Having made a couple of sucessful claims im now trying again on a friends behalf.

My claims have been against the Halifax so im new to claiming against Barclays.

My friend received a copy of statements but they dont list any of his charges. Just shows transactions and balance.

Is there a different SAR letter to send to Barclays or should the standard one in the library be ok?

I'm not even sure if he used the SAR letter or just wrote to ask for a copy of his statements.

Thanks in advance

Rob

I didn't get statements as such. What they sent is a bundle of computer printouts, and images of microfiche etc. About 5 different types of document in all. I found it easy enough to sit myself down in a quiet room with lots of coffee,go through them with a highlighter pen, and track down all the charges. I found the printouts fairly easy to decipher. Basically you're just looking for amounts paid out of £20.00, £25.00, £30.00 or whatever, and they were all itemised as 'unpaids out', 'paid referral' or 'unauthorised o/d fee' on the sheets.

Some of the print was a bit small, but I managed.

You will too.

;)

hmmm. sounds like what ive got in front of me. They look like computer print outs.

Plenty of times that it shows over drawn in the balance column but no sign of any charges.

I'm wondering if theres a overdraft on the account which is why theres no charges showing. I need to speak to the account holder to get some more info.

Thanks for help.

I found it easy enough to sit myself down in a quiet room with lots of coffee,go through them with a highlighter pen, and track down all the charges.

This is what I did, then left them for a while and went back through them, and found some i'd missed..so worth re checking a few times..

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.