Bank Charges / Mortgate

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I know this has probably come up before I have tried to search but it came back with so many possibilities. I have two questions:

1) I would like to claim back bank charges but I dont have a cheque book when requesting statements. Will they exept other forms of payment or should I ask a friend to write a cheque on my belhalf?

2) Mortgage - Can you claim back early redemption fees. I had to sell the house and I had to pay back a wopping early redemption fee.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi Moon,

You can always pay by postal order.

Unfortuantely with ERCs we've had three lost claims where the claimant's have been ordered to pay costs.

Have a look through the mortgage forum which is located as a subforum off of 'other institutions' forum.

Best wishes

Zoot

Apart from Postal Order you can (if you still maintain an account with them) instruct the Bank to take the £10 statutory payment for your SAR direct from your account. You will be claiming this back anyway as a "reasonable cost in litigation" if you have to raise an action in Court.

a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a. a.