The Funding Corporation PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have dealt with this woman during my claim for mis-sold ppi and i promise you will get no where fast with her, go straight to the FOS and make sure you have all the paperwork available as the ombudsmen will need as much info as you can provide, don't give up but be prepared for a long wait as the ombudsmen service does have a large backlog.

The funding corporation will not back down but the ombudsmen is dealing with a lot of complaints against them so feel free to get in the line for a refund of the money that this awful company has taken from you unlawfully.

try not to to be put of by letters fromTFC, they talk a load of rubbish and will quote all kinds of random rules and regs that they will attempt to apply to your case whilst quietly ignoring the FACT that they have broken the rules on so many levels.

I beat them, you will too.

Good luck.

GDC

Edited by dx100uk
unlawfully not illegal, its civil not criminal...sadly ...dx

• 5 weeks later...

Hi gaav8.

You were right about Helen Scott of The Funding Corporation, after writing to her the second letter, she never bother to reply and so I have contacted the FSA who asked me who the underwriters were, so I called the TFC, and was told that the underwriters are AXA. So they have started the ball rolling about writing to AXA regarding my case. One thing I did not understand was why they ask me this whereas everybody else on this forum was not. The lady I talked to said there is a case but the only way to go about it is through the underwriters.

Any views on this? Please do let me know.

You need to attack TFC not AXA, although AXA supplied and underwrote the insurance it was TFC who mis-sold the policy.

The only way to beat TFC is through the FOS or privately through the courts if you can afford it, they will not settle your complaint amicably ,as in my case even after the complaint was upheld by the FOS and TFC were instructed to refund me , TFC attmpted to invoke all kinds of random laws that were not even applicable to financial law.

TFC are the lowest of the low, they tell blatant lies and ignore financial law on every level, bypass them and go straight the FOS, you might have a long wait but if your case is sound and you provide plenty of paperwork you will win in the end.

TFC are no strangers to the FOS and they display breathtaking levels of arrogance and ignorance , when your case gets underway this will become clear.

GDC

P.S just to clarify, the FSA can take legal action against TFC but only the FOS will get your money back for you.

Hi Gaav8,

Many thanksfor your encouraging support. I did contact FSO and the lady I talked to told me that because TFC were not regulated with FSA at the time, they will have to take a different way, meaning contacting the AXA the underwriters. She wrote to them and this morning AXA replied saying that they will investigate my case within 20 days and have assigned someone from their technical department. Below is the letter I received this morning from AXA

"Dear ...., The Financial Ombudsman Service has told us that you have made a complaint about your policy with us. We are sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced with your policy. We take your concern very seriously and we have now arranged for a full investigation. What happens Next - Stuart Bradbrook of our Technical Complaints Team may contact you to discuss your complaint further. Should you have a preferred method of contact, please let us know. You will then receive either a full response from us or an update of progress of your complaint, within 20 working days - Signed Julie Pugh - Customer Care Executive"

I have a feeling this letter was written before they received the complaint form and a copy of credit agreement from TFC which I posted on the 9th November, 2010.

Gaav8, what do you think of this?

I also this morning received from TFC but this time it was not Helen Scott, it was someone by the name of Lorenzo Malanga. Below is the content of their letter to me.

"Thank you for your letter dated 15 October 2010. Section 32 of the Limitations Act 1980 relates only to fraud, concealment or mistake. Therefore, it is not relevant to your claim and we remain of the opinion that your claim is time-barred. I note that your reference to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Notwithstanding the above, due to the date you entered into the Agreement we do not believe this would fall within their jurisdiction".

Gaav8 - you are right in saying that they will quote as many laws as they can to wringle out of this but the FOS is now on it but dealing with it by using the underwriters AXA.

Do continue giving me more advise and I really appreciate your input.

Sadly it seems TFC are playing this time-barred rule to the hilt, i wonder if they would accept it if the situation was reversed:???:.

I've never seen anyone go at them via AXA although i did contact them during the process of my case but never received a reply so i will await your response with great interest.

One small piece of advice i would give is to check your credit file via equifax or experian as the information i found on mine regarding TFC was quite interesting, suffice to say the information they quote in letters to me do not correspond with the information they are sharing with equifax...investigations are ongoing.

GDC

p.s Lorenzo malanga is a new one on me and i've spoken to a lot of people at TFC.

Hi Gaav8,

Thanks for quick response.

Because I had settled my loan early, I do not think they would have anything on me but if I still owed them money, they would go to that route, they are so devious.

As for AXA, I do not want to deal with them on the phone, because they could ask me tricky questions to cover themselves, I have requested that they communicate with me through writing that way I have something to go by. I think the only reason AXA responded so quickly was because FSO wrote to them directly given them my contact to solve this issue otherwise I doubt like you said they would have bothered.

Gaav8 - the good thing is for you, they have refunded your money, thats a big plus. I am hoping AXA will not have dramas of sending numerous correspondence to and back or the delay game. I want this solved ASAP - I could do with a nice Christmas if you know what I mean.

I will keep you posted on my next letter from AXA.

Thanks once again.

Hi Gaav8,

I also this morning received from TFC but this time it was not Helen Scott, it was someone by the name of Lorenzo Malanga. Below is the content of their letter to me.

"Thank you for your letter dated 15 October 2010. Section 32 of the Limitations Act 1980 relates only to fraud, concealment or mistake. Therefore, it is not relevant to your claim and we remain of the opinion that your claim is time-barred. I note that your reference to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Notwithstanding the above, due to the date you entered into the Agreement we do not believe this would fall within their jurisdiction".

t.

as posted before

sec 32c applies

'when you became aware'

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi DX,

Section 32C according to TFC relates only to fraud, concealment or mistake. Like Gaav8 said they will do anything and come up with several codes to see whether you can give up. So now the FOS are dealing with it through AXA Underwriters and I will keep you posted on the outcome.

Many thanks DX for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Gaav8 and DX,

I did receive a letter from AXA dated the 10th November promising to come back to me within 20 working days, as yesterday was the 20th day, and I had not received any correspondence or phone call from them, I phone them and asked for the complaint officer dealing with my case called Stuart Bradbrook, the guy did not even return my call., so this morning again tried to call, again was unavailable, and told the guy who asnwered the phone if the call was from their Chief Executive, would this Stuart fellow delay to return the call obviously not meaning my messages of yesterday did not carry any weight. This Stuart fellow is so arrogant even after returning my call this afternoon, he did not even apologise, all he could say was that, the FOS gives them 40 days to answer complaints. He also said that they have tried to contact Funding Corporation but they have not received any response, I told him that the fact is that it was their product and that my credit agreement shows yes it was sold to me. Now he started being really nasty saying that my agreement was signed, so I might have known about this, I straight away told him that I know what he is trying to do and I told him that there is no point continuing with this conversation because it was not going anywhere.

Any advise on how to deal with nasty individual?

ignore and dont phone

its in the hands of the fos, pull their chain if you cant wait.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 5 weeks later...

Hi DX,

Can you imagine AXA have ignored the 8 weeks from FOS which expired on 30/12/2010, so I phoned the lady at FOS who is dealing with my case and she told me that because they have not responded, she will now take the case up and I should send the FOS complaint forms which she had sent to me plus all the correspondence from The Funding Corporation, The Loan Credit Agreement, and any other correspondence. So, yesterday afternoon, I posted to her all the documents by recorded delivery. I am hoping that I will see this come to a close sooner rather than later with some positive outcome. I could do with some money right now.

i would not hold your breath.

though you have the agreement dso's its pretty much done and dusted anyhow

you never know

dx

and they

• 7 months later...

Hi My case is still with the FOS, received a letter on Saturday saying that my case is a difficult one and that they will contact me again on the 30th November, 2011. Before they had told me that they will contact me on the 31st August, 2011. So to be honest, I have not idea when this is coming to fruition.But from another forum, some people have succeeded where underwriters were used to refund so I am hoping my case will treated the same. The Funding corporation are giving people a run for their money, they are not paying any PPI.

Good luck with your case the only saving grace for me is that I have a pre existing medical condition which would render the policy invalid however, I did make a complaint about PPI a couple of years ago which was rejected stating thaty i didn't ask for it. Would this be taken into account or would it be treated seperately. TFC have treated it as the same case which I think is wrong

• 8 months later...