Eastham75 v Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes court is the next step. Have you decided wether you are going N1 or mcol.

Have a read of this, it might help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yes court is the next step. Have you decided wether you are going N1 or mcol.

Have a read of this, it might help you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

So its best for me to just fill in the form and send it to my local court that sounds the best option anyway.

If you are going the N1 route, here are a few things to help you.

The N1 form...

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

The N1 Poc...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/681-4-particulars-claim-n1.html

Any worries, just shout.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

My claim seems quite straight forward Charges + interest what is the real difference between doing it on line and filling in the templates and posting it to my local court going the local court way seems more easy.

right iam confused

if iam going to process my own court proceeding the NI ROUTE

I have to complete the N1 form

what is the template for do i cut and paste it into word and fill in the blanks and then send it off to my local court?

how to i find out the charch for my local court which happens to be be Chelmsford

i really need help on this.

home email [email protected]

Hi eastham75,

If you use the link seaside lady gave you for the N1 form, you can write everything onto the form then print it out straight away.

You can't save it then print later so you have to print 3 copies immediately.

You will need 3 copies of your schedule of charges including 8% interest.

There is a website for the courts with the charges listed I shall look for you and post the link here

County Court Fees

Here is the link for the court fees, but everything you need should be in the link mackem gave you.

F&Q's... Read here

• 3 weeks later...

i just rang the Halifax to see how my claim was going as my deadline is the 7th June, they confiirmed that they have just posted a letter of decline, but i i wanted them to look at it again they would so i obviously replied that i would they say i will have a 2nd letter again by the 7th of june,

wish i had the £120 at the moment so i could just push ahead with the court case.

hiya, you are about the same point as i am

i received that letter of decline, but a week after that i received another letter offering me 1/2 of the money back, i phone the number on that letter and they upped it to 3/4 of the charges only

today i phoned again as they had put 1/2 the amount of charges into my account, told them i was not happy and was going to press on with filing for court but i have to wait till 15 june to do so (pay day ) :D

me personally, i think its a stall tactic, hopeing you will be 2 scared to do the court stage and settle for what they offer you

25 January 2007 - SAR Request (received)

14 March 2007 - Prelim letter (posted)

21 March 2007 - Standard response 8 weeks e.t.c received

Theres no way i can back down on this and even if it was to cost me £500 i want my money back.

will hold on for the next letter but i will have the cash in a couple of weeks to pust the court action through.

• 2 weeks later...

Me again,i might be getting some where,

i chased Halifax again last week as i had not had the promised 2nd reponse, they told me it could take 40 day's,

i advised them that as soon as i had the cash which will be by the 25th i intended to file in court.

to my suprise i have today received an offer of almost 2/3rds of my claim.

they state they are not admitting guilt and that it will be there final offer(like last week the final offer was zero)

they say they will credit my account in 14 days,

i want to decline the offer as they still owe a fair bit more(my wife's worried i will loose the lot) is there a template for accepting partialand claiming the rest?

should i phone them again is there anything to avoid?

i now know that i will have cash next week to press ahead through courts or am i being greedy?

any advise would be appreciated.

Why on earth would you be greedy wanting all your money back. It is your money!! ;)

Here are the rejection letters. Just pick the one most suitable for you.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

F&Q's... Read here

I hope £3100 covers all your claims + interest + court cost. If it does, that's it, agree and collect the money.

i havent filed for court as yet, the offer is about £700 short on the charges and does not include interest.