MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They've also cashed the replacement cheque i sent them too :rolleyes: I've been too busy to give this attention during the week (and took Dusary's advice and gave them a couple of days 'overlap' to respond).

They haven't, so DPA enforcement litgation commences ths weekend :D

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:::: puts on Chuchill Insurance mascot voice::: Oooooh yesss.......

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Great!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

I read on another thread about someone who has filed a pre-action N244 Application Notice rather than a DPA non-compliance action in order to get full disclosure.

Anyone got any experience/ informed advice about this method? Is it applicable in my case, where I am recovering for 2 accounts and have only had 6 yrs statements for one account (current) and nothing for the other (credit card)?

I have filed a LBA threatening action, given them more than enough leeway (over a week) and still nothing.

Thanks

Mac :D

Write to your MP and

Anyone?

Write to your MP and

I havnt seen any going that way, but i have seen plenty getting them filing their N1s.

You can always read around and try to find more info, but the tried and tested way will work for you.

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks for the advice SSL... yes I do intend to use the N1 method, just asking ahead - just wanted to know more. it's always worth getting all the information and intelligence you can, I think! ;-)

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

Ideed Tilly! It's like being back at school but without the teacher clipping you around the ear every time you get something wrong :D

Write to your MP and

Update

25th June 0207

Just put in a final call to HFX before enforcing Data Protection Act non-compliance. Very nice lady gave me a case reference number and acknowledged several times that 'yes Mr Mac, this has been going on a very long time now and we need to get it resolved'.

She has taken this action for the missing credit card statements, but appears to believe that they have already fulfilled all their requirements on the current account side by providing 6 years (probably what they are trained to say).

My take on this is that it is pointless me arguing the toss over the pre-6 years business with her. I am disagreeing with the Halifax coprporate viewpoint and intend to press them for the whole lot.

Therefore, I should still file an N1 and make a complaint to the commissioner regardless of this conversation; something I only viewed as a courtesy call anyway.

Thoughts would be greatly appreciated - if only to help me clarify things in my head!

Cheers

Mac :D

Write to your MP and

Oh! Yes!

I got a little bit of "reading off the script" stuff today.

But when you push a little further - then they get kinda' scared - and, I thought I detected an understanding that this (my claim) was not going to go away!

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Yes.. I think you just might be right Dusary - persistence may be the key here, once they start hearing the same old Dusary/MacBoy/Dusary/MacBoy/Dusary/MacBoy broken record for a few days!

Claiming beyond 6 years is clearly a war of attrition :cool:

Write to your MP and

fighting0029.gif

US on top of THEM

Hahahahaha!!!! A suitable comedy moment for my 100th post :D:D:D

Write to your MP and

Go for the Information Commissioner as well!

Data Protection Complaints – Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)

... and do your N1

Yes...am preparing these. Another idea I had for the phone negotiations (or possibly the LBA prior to a non-compliance action):

What about stating in the letter that should they continue to deny that they have statements >6 years, you will request as part of any court order you seek that they be made to produce the destruction certificates for these records as part of disclosure?

What do you guys think? Legal Eagles?

Write to your MP and

Yes.. I think you just might be right Dusary - persistence may be the key here, once they start hearing the same old Dusary/MacBoy/Dusary/MacBoy/Dusary/MacBoy broken record for a few days!

Claiming beyond 6 years is clearly a war of attrition :cool:

It certainly is. Popped over to your thread MacBoy from your link on Dusary post.

Its a clear case of "the computer says............."

I am now going to bombard them. The last days holiday I spent on the case was relatively successful in that I got 6 years cash but only an interim settlement as want back to 1992. So now going to start the calls with a view to a day off in 10 days or so.

Things will get sorted however. We will all get what is ours. 8-)

Good on you Kenny - get at 'em! And thanks for popping over to my place :D

Write to your MP and

Well, Macboy, as you know - I got BoS to admit that they could send me statements for one account from when it was opened - the 1980s!

Just trying to prise them out of their greasy little fingers!

Anyhow: the harrassing phone calls continue. Not from them, but from ME to them! Roll on 08.40!

My God Dusary 05:38!!!! you're a keen bean aren't you? :D Good luck for today ;) I'll let you guys know how I get on...

Write to your MP and

What about stating in the letter that should they continue to deny that they have statements >6 years, you will request as part of any court order you seek that they be made to produce the destruction certificates for these records as part of disclosure?

What do you guys think? Legal Eagles?

See what I said to them today! innocent0002.gif