MacBoy Vs. Halifax and Hello To the Group!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5611 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments sallysas!

I don't think it would be viewed as wasting court time - you weren't to know that they would comply, however unintentionally! However I'm not sure what the options are about cancelling a case that's been filed via an NI - can anyone help sallysas out here?

I filed for Pre-Action Disclosure, using an N244 Application Notice and I believe the options there are that I can have the hearing cancelled, or let it go ahead and use it to inform the court that the defendant has complied and apply for my costs (you can claim as a litigant-in-person in these hearings) - I'm still researching my options on this, but I better get a move on because the hearing is set for about 3 weeks time!

My guess would be that, since the court have returned the N1 to you for correction, proceedings haven't begun yet; so it souldn't be to much of an issue to stop it - but do take advice. I'd suggest giving court a ring as a first step.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help..

Mac :D

• Haha 1
  • 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're welcome. Let us know how you got on ;)

• Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

Very well thanks Tils... and you?

Write to your MP and

Oh yes it almost slipped my mind! Have a wonderful trip Tilly - go and get some relaxing time in - forget about this bank malarky for a week or two ;)

Take care and enjoy :D

PS Great new avatar by the way!

Write to your MP and

thanks mac yes im going to chill out for 2 glorious weeks

relax and totaly enjoy:D

That`s my girl you go off and enjoy yourself Tils. Have a great time and come back ready to take up the fight again refreshed and ready to go again. (Sorry `bout hijacking your thread Mac, but you can never find that trotter on her own thread !!)

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

Charity Group £200 compo for lost passport.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

All errors/typos etc are not my fault the blame lies with the spelling gremlins

<<<<<< If any of this has been helpful, PLEASE click my scales

No worries, stone! She comes here for the therapy, I think.. :roll:;)

Write to your MP and

She is always lurking somewhere Mac.

Lurking.gif

=======================================================================================================

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Halifax 2 N1 submitted 20/07/07 stayed 24/08/07 N244 Application filed 31/08/07 hearing set for 12/11/07 rescheduled for 29/01/2008. Application dismissed stay still in place.

HM revenue & Customs; demand for WTC overpayment £632.12. Disputed, their error. Did not have to repay.

All opinions expressed are my own and have no legal standing and no connection to CAG

Haven't you bogged off on holiday yet? BEGONE!!! And take yer sun cream and aftersun with you :lol::razz:

Write to your MP and

I don't either much, but it's nice to come off a blazing beach and apply it straight out of the fridge. Cools you down a treat! ;)

Write to your MP and

Well don`t forget the paracetamol !!! you will be needing those in the mornings

drinks_drunk.gif

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

• 3 weeks later...

Update

Tuesday 16th October 2007

Email from Halifax Legal Dept. today, to confirm their request for me to vacate the planned Pre-Action Disclosure hearing. In consideration of this, they are going to pay my estimated costs of approx. £250. Not bad, seeing as how they complied anyway! But I knew that they would rather that, than have to get agents out to court and risk having to explain their true charging structure to a judge ;)

They have even dragged their heels on getting this part sorted, hence my insistence on having it in writing (even though it is 'without prejudice') before cancelling the hearing.

The encouraging thing about this is that it shows, despite the test case that they are treating as some kind of reprieve, that they are still basically frightened to death of being dragged into a court of law to justify themselves.

Anyway, profuse thanks and hugs to deedee and Melanie Bree for your guidance while I prepared my case; and credit to the Information Commissioners Office, whom I believe were also instrumental in getting HFX to comply with their legal obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998. Also thank you to my fellow CAG-gers for your encouragement and support. A good result in my view, although part of me would have much preferred battling it out with them in court! :D

Right... now to prepare the 'proper' Court case to get my charges back :roll:

Write to your MP and

good for you mac thats brilliant aww shame you didnt get

your day in court though :D ty;)

Oh I will, Tilly, of that I'm sure! ;)

Write to your MP and

Well done Mac,

You will get your day in court just have to wait a little longer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Halifax Won £1180.00

NatWest Won £876.00

Thanks guys :D

• Haha 1

Write to your MP and

CONGRATULATIONS MACBOY!!!

party0003.gif

Hey MacBoy! Thanks for the name check but I think you did the bulk of it marvelouslly on your own :D .

Sorry I have not been around much. As you know I was moving house. It has been a nightmare with many false starts but it all finally happened last weekend so I am no longer a Londoner! :(:) .

I am currently holed up at home due to having come down with some bug. Yeeuuch!!

So round one belongs to you which is excellent news. Now we await the Battle Royale for the claim for charges. What a 'mare - all this JUST to get data that's rightfully yours to have. LOL d'ya think your charges claim will be just as protracted?!! I hope not.

Anyway congratulations once again.

Dxx

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Thanks Deedee :D

I fully expect the Charges case to be almost as protracted as the hunt for Lord Lucan :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear you're ill - hope you get well soon.

Write to your MP and