>> Banking hitch delays workers' pay <<

monkey_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are your wages due into your bank account on Friday 30th March 2007?

See BBC NEWS | Business | Banking hitch delays workers' pay for URGENT news which MAY (but hopefully may not] affect you:

Up to 400,000 people will not be paid as expected on Friday as a result of a problem with the banking system.

The UK's BACS system, an electronic means to process financial transactions has been running slowly and so not all payments have been sent out in time.

Any worker affected by the problem should get their pay by Monday, industry association APACS said.

Banks are also trying to put in place a system to ensure direct debits go through as usual.

Such payments can be refused if it means people making the payments will go overdrawn.

APACS added that there was no pattern to the glitch and that any company that has been affected by the problem should be making their employees aware of it.

Anyone affected by the fault will be refunded charges should they go overdrawn or breach their overdraft limit as a result of the problem, the group added.

People who need cash for the weekend are being advised to withdraw it over the counter, as cash machines may refuse the withdrawal.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

First Direct Unlawful Bank Charges: Settled in Full 12/05/06 | £2235.50

Not again...check here...:p

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I'm due my wages tomorrow too! I reckon most of the country is due to be paid tomorrow as it is both a Friday AND it's the last banking day of the month.

Oh, and final pay in this financial year for most too.

If you found this post useful, please click on the "scales" icon in the bottom left of my post and say so!

The opinions of this post are those of monkey_uk and do not constitute sound legal advice. I am not a lawyer.

--

Halifax Unlawful Bank Charges: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent 28/02/07 - CC Statement's rcv'd 18/04/07 Bank a/c statements rcv'd 19/04/07

...the banks are doing it on purpose to punish people...sure, they will refund any "erroneous" overlimit fees, but they will be making four or five days interest on those fees...a phenomenally good easter present for them...if you get charged, INSIST on the interest as well...and as it is a problem not of your making why not invoice them for your time too...details on request...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

rofl

--