Joint Account now under one name

Kiwiemy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6240 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have had a joint account with HSBC for 3 years then changed it over to my name only a year ago. I have requested all the statements etc and I am ready to file a claim. The charges are spread throughout the term of the account.

Just thought of this yesterday and was wondering if it could cause a problem e.g the bank will use it as an excuse not the pay. The other person from the account is no longer in the country. Any help much appreciated

That should be fine as long as you had authority to sign separately.

Halifax - £245 - SETTLED - in full

MBNA Business - £190 - SETTLED - in full

HSBC - Closed business a/c - £1,850 - SETTLED IN FULL

HSBC - Business a/c - £4,388 - SETTLED FOR £4,100

Nat West Card - SETTLE IN FULL - £124.71

Halifax Credit Card - MCOL 26th May 2007

Egg - 1st LBA 12th May 2007

Are you a business customer, let's join forces subscribe to:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/68191-claiming-business-account-lets-6.html#post646109

My account used to be a joint account too, my husband left in 2001 but I didn't bother closing the account til 2003, I have done the claim under my name only and when I first put in my claim they were addressing the letters to the 2 of us. As the account is now closed and we are divorced when i'm made an offer I will ask them to put it into the account I now have open with them. As far as i'm concerned he left me with an overdraft without a second thought and I ended up paying it back so I think this money is rightfully mine, I just havent explained to HSBC during my claim that we are divorced, I am now waiting for a hearing date and hope that I won't have a problem when I do get the refund.