Help! Any advice?!! L'il Me v's big scary barclays..

bozzie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey no worries!

Im all happy today, feel like the end is in sight..... fingers crossed they do no more and just cough up....

Im still counting on the 'being quiet and they'll forget all about me' tactic working... Lol such legal genius! :razz:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess who again?!

Just been on to mcol to have a peek... After filing default judgement as first opportunity today (stroke of midnight!) ive just checked and it now says that a defence has been entered. :-x Was expecting it but still!

Sorry to be a pain again, but can anyone give me a timescale as to what happens next? As i understand it its aq/exchange of info/hearing date etc but have no idea how much longer this will go on?

Once again thank you!

Oooh, and another thing! Sorry for being a pain!

Im trying to get ahead a little now, im hearing alot about court bundles - do i need to start getting one together now, or is that later on?

And if so, ive looked at the link on this site - is it all just bog standard stuff and i just need to add my schedule of charges and number the pages?!

Sorry if im being stupid - im firmly back in terrified mode!!!! :-o :idea:

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Guess who again?!

Just been on to mcol to have a peek... After filing default judgement as first opportunity today (stroke of midnight!) ive just checked and it now says that a defence has been entered. :-x Was expecting it but still!

This is good, not bad news.

Still not quite confident enough to say when!!

One more peek at mcol has confirmed that my default judgement has been rejected and barclays intend to dispute the whole amount - pretty standard i assume?

Am i right in thinking its aq / court date next?

Any tips on how i can prepare myself? (the neat liquor isnt having the same effect anymore lol!)

Read, read, read. The more you are prepared, the more you know what to expect, the better equipped you'll be. And the more success stories you read, the more confident you'll be that you'll win too. ;-)

Can any one help?!

The more i read the more confused i am about the technicalities - to update i have received in the post this morning a NOTICE OF TRANSFER OF PROCEEDINGS to my local county court.

Attatched to this is a letter which says:

Without hearing

it is ordered that :-

1. the filing of an allocation questionnaire be dispensed with in this case unless the district judge at the court of transfer orders otherwise...

?? Do i have to take any action? Does that mean i do need to file a aq, or i dont?! I dont want to get things wrong at this stage.

PLEASE HELP!

Thank you once again for your reassurance - next time i do this (lol!) i'll be an expert at it!

I'm going to have a go a writing to barclays solicitors see if they will settle before it goes to court.... Worth a shot...

Im going to ask for the full amount (charges, interest, court filing fees the whole lot) and add some waffle about how the courts would approve of this matter being settle without further intervention...

Hadn't thought about copying in barclays, might do just for the sheer hell of it!

Hi there ,

I am a first timer (so to speak) as well. Barclays have just entered a defence likewise. Also a little panicked!:eek:

I read earlier in the thread that they normally settle if it is under £500. Well my claim is for about £450. They have entered a defence too. Is this normal??? I'll be miffed if they end up getting the £55 court costs too!!!

Hi cn in answer to your question, i basically said something to the effect:

i have become aware that an aq may not be required in this case, and i am mindful of the large number of cases you are currently dealing with.

in order to resolve this matter more speedily, i am willing to accept the sum of £ (i inserted the total amount of my claim - charges, interest, court costs the works). I do not agree to waive my rights in respect of any other actions, nor do I agree to a clause of confidentiality.

I hope to hear from you very soon so that a reasonable conclusion to this claim might be achieved. I am sure that the courts would approve of our settling this matter in a timely manner and without their further intervention.

etc etc. Have you got a court date yet? How's your claim going?

Hi Howdydoody - my claim is over the £500 mark so im not sure how things go - from what i can gather barclays will take things right to the bitter end and then just not turn up! Im no expert, but sounds like exactly the same as with everyone else...

Im the biggest scaredy cat there is when it comes to this stuff - be brave, i am!

To Claims Novice.

appologies to Bozzie, whos thread this is.

a settlement figure? If so, what did you reduce the overall amount by?

This is totally at your discretion as to what to accept, but you might as well go for the 100% and dont settle for anything that you are not completely happy with.

You should consider starting your own thread so any answers can be directed to your case, that way you dont get confused to who is advising who...ok?

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hello again.

To update you all, i have received an allocation questionnaire through the post this morning from my local court

(addressed to the claimants solicitor!!)

I have until 30th april to return it..... Can any one point me in the right direction?!

Also i have written to barclays asking them to settle - do i proceed as normal or wait a while to see if they accept (allocation quiestionnaire asks if you would like there to be a one month stay to attempt to settle the claim?)

Please help!!

Oh and one other thing - do i need to send anything in with the questionnaire?

(aq asks have you attatched documents to this questionnaire - and if so have you sent them to the other party?) What do i need to include?

Oh i dont like this at all!!!