hellina vs lloyds

hellina
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have looked around the site for ages and i cannot find who i should make the DPA cheque out to!

Is it just to Lloyds TSB?

Also i have addressed the letter to

Customer service Centre

Dept 13-90

Box 2

BX1 1LT

as this is the address on my statements, is this ok or should i use the address given here for Penny Berryman?

apologies if this is a bit thick of me, i have read lots of thread and FAQ but am just not sure about these things

lloyds tsb DPA letter sent recorded 10/5/06

Hi Hellina,

It really does take a few days to get your head around all the arguments and all the information.

You will be setting a timetable (the timetable that the bank says it will work to is irrelevant). In the FAQ you will find 'Step By Step Instructions.' Start this, be clear on what your first step is (requesting the info from the bank so that you can calculate what they owe you)

The best place to start sending all correspondence is your local branch. They have internal systems that will ensure your letter gets sent to the right department. Make sure that you send the letter recorded delivery, and you can make your cheque out to Lloyds TSB.

Whilst waiting for the info, read up on your next step. If you make sure you stick to your own thread in the relevant area (eg [username] claim against [bank]), and use this as a sort of diary which you can update as things progress. It will also enable you to check responses to your questions, and people will be able to find your thread a lot easier.

Good luck.

You are here, you want your money back, you will get help and support in this, but it is YOUR call, and you must be prepared to put in the effort.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ok. letter sent recorded today with £10 cheque.

Here it begins!

am now very excited as i am actually doing something about it instead of sitting around moaning!:)

• 2 weeks later...

ok , started a new thread just so i know where i'm at.

statements recieved from bank yesterday (20th may) which i think is a pretty quick turnaround since i only requested them on may 10th

have totalled up my charges and am looking at 1300 ish but i didnt add in the overdraft service charges for when i was using my authorised overdraft and the interest they charge for it. Should i have?

I've added up the overdraft excess charges and returned d/ds but i dont think the service charge for using the overdraft facility would be seen as an unfair charge.

Is this correct?

You should include any charges that are in excess of the cost to the bank.

Why do they need to charge you £10 for using an overdraft facility - do you think it costs them that much?

Claim the lot. You are able to alter claim levels at each stage of the process, so if the first letter has gone, don't worry.

P.S. I merged your threads. It might seem easier for you, but it isn't for us!

John

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

thank you for merging, i would have done it myself if i'd known how to change the name of the original thread :)

i just wasn't sure about the normal overdraft charges as this is what i read in the faq

Q. I get charged a £5 (£10,£15) fee every month for an overdraft on my current account. Can I get these back too?

A. No, there is nothing unlawful about charging for a service provided. If there was, our hosting for this site would be free.

i get charged a % of how much into the overdraft i am per month as interest. I wasn't going to claim this back at all

That is in relation to the type of account that you pay a standard fee for (and then get extra benefits like free travel insurance etc etc)

Is that what you had?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

got my letter from Mandy Horton today telling me that they are unable to agree my request. it seems to be the same letter as many other people have had and my response to it will be the same as everyone elses

nextstep here we come!

• 1 month later...

well i've sent of my claim to the court today. I wasn't able to use moneyclaim as they dont accept my debit card so i used the N1 form and sent the court a cheque.

I hope i haven't fouled up although knowing me i probably have. Husband has already mentally spent the money so for my sake , we better get it!

by reading your thread you seem to of done everything right so far :) most people ,I think ,starts worrying at this stage .If you need a confidence boos just read some of the threads where they have already won.:D

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

If issuing the claim in person, make sure you have 3 copies (1 for you and 2 for the court) of both the N1 claim form and the charges spreadsheet.

i posted them 2 copies and copies of the spreadsheets and i kept a copy for myself.

The thing i fear i may have done wrong is to do with the calculations and figures i put on the form.

i put in the figure for charges and the one for interest on them but not the figure for interest that is added daily , if you know what i mean. I was not sure if they would continue adding that untill the day they (hopefully) settle so i left it out.

I think i'd be happy with the smaller amount if that's what happens, so i wont try and change it

The daily rate of interest will only be pence, so if you forgot to add it to the claim, don't lose any sleep over it :-)

• 4 weeks later...

just a wee update from me, I had my N1 Form sent back twice as firstly i didnt put the name of the court in, so i copied it from the letter they sent, it was then returned because i put too much in! (i had put the address of the court as well)

Now i've had it back with a "served" stamp on it dated 11/08/06 and the court fee cheque has cleared. I am not quite sure of how long i will have to wait for the next step but i assume i'll just get something through the post either from Lloyds or their solicitors, is this correct?

today i have had a copy of form N205A from the court. it basically says that if lloyds dont reply by the 25th then they will be in default.

is this common practise? Are they likely to put in a defence next week now?

There really is no standard practice from the banks on this - some will defend in paper alone, others just pay up. Just sit tight an wait for them to flinch!

What can I do know ? sent off my court allocation questionaire 2 weeks ago I havent heard anything at all from the courts or LTSB, do I need to worry or is it normal procedures, claiming 4000 pounds.

Be prepared for the possibility of them defending - which would not be something they are likely to do, but you'll have a head start.

If you look in my thread v Halifax you'll see the kind of preparation needed for exchanging documents for court. It certainly won't do you any harm to be aware of it....

• 2 weeks later...

Its getting close now! I posted earlier that they have untill wednesday to file a defence or i'll send in the N205A to have a default judgement made. I re-checked the calandar and its actually friday when their time runs out!

I think i am right in saying that i can get a default judgement even though they have filed an acknowledgement of service?

Has anyone had a default judgement from lloyds? How long might it take for them to pay up afterwards?

• 4 months later...

just a wee update to where i stand now.

i waited months after the default judgement to hear anything at all from lloyds who obviously think i have forgotten the claim. i haven't!

i issued a bailiff warrant on thursday 11th jan and am currently waiting to hear from them.

i sent the bailiffs to the customer care address in my first post. was this the wrong thing to do?

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks