Lifeline V Halifax- Confused!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yep - I've had 3 sets of duplicate statements so far and one list of charges. Mayybe they'll refund me 3 times over as well.:D

Bank of Scotland account 1 - £2,666 WON

Bank of Scotland account 2 - £2,500 on hold

GE Capital charges -£30 won (hey, every little helps!)

Barclays Partner Finance £425 charges - £225 offer accepted.

Finally debt free after 4.5 years, thanks to my Debt Management Plan through Payplan. There is no better feeling :D

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is usually by letter, although they can ring you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

My offers came in letters.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just a quick question please. Im a bit confused about the LBA. It says

'I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX.'

Does this mean that I should add interest when I send this letter? I thought I only added it if I go to court.

Also, when I sent off my Prelim letter I did noy enclose a spreadsheet, I sent the list of charges the Halifax themselves had sent me. (I did check them against statements to make sure they were correct) However , do I now need to do the spreadsheet and claim interest with the LBA?

Just delete the part about the interest. You are right about ading it at the court stage.

As long as they have proof of the charges its fine. But the spread sheet is easy as it will calculate the added interest for the next stage.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Well, they really must be losing the plot. Today, even though I am at the LBA stage I have recieved my 4th set of statements in the post. They did include a letter saying that 'due to a technical error you may not have recieved the requested information and please accept our apologies if you have'

So some people are waiting in excess of 40 days whilst they are sending out repeat copies!

Well that sums up the Halifax!

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has already been mentioned in other postings but I have only just read it.

Todays Daily Express :- 'Banks have been warned by a High Court Judge to stop putting unnecessary pressure on customers seeking to reclaim penalty charges'

It goes on to say that some banks are unfairly putting obstacles in the way of customers claiming through the courts. He said this behaviour could be viewed as 'unreasonable' and may open the way for claimants to demand further compensation for the extra work and anxiety.

In one court alone there have been over 300 cases referred, 140 in April alone.

Looks like the courts are discouraging the banks from taking it too far.

Considering that the banks are forcing people to make a court claim before they get their money back, in many cases, you cannot blame the judiciary for being so hacked off with the waste of valuable court time.

Imagine if you need to go to court for some major issue, but your court date is held up, just because the banks are messing thousands of their customers around. It is despicable.

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

• 3 weeks later...

I rang them today after sending my LBA and waiting the 14 days. I told them that I was due to file at court today unless an offer was made. I was told that they are allowed 8 weeks as per the regulator to deal with complaints. I told her that it was not a complaint but a request for my charges back. to which she replied that the Halifax treat it as a complaint and therefore they have 8 weeks. According to the records I am due to get a response on June 12th. I told her that I had my court bundle ready to file today but she told me to go ahead and file as no one was going to get a faster response than the 8 weeks wether they file or not. now I am in a quandry because I cant really afford to take it to court (I have 2 claims both at the same stage) as I dont have 240 lying around. Should I wait till the 12th and hope I get an offer or am I taking a risk?

You can wait till the 12th, but it is extremely doubtful they will get back to you.

You are not taking a risk, but waiting until you can afford it.

• Haha 1

F&Q's... Read here

Just out of interest, What are the little green boxes for underneath the join date. Whats the difference between a Basic, Gold and Platinum Account customer on here? How do go from one to the other? Just curious!.

The green pips are when some one clicks your scales you get 1 mark.

You need to get 100 clicks per pip.

To upgrade your title, you have to post a certain amount of replies. Almost a thousand to get to platinum.

F&Q's... Read here

I remember when i first started and i was looking every where for help, and asking questions to any one who would listen..:D

I got so much help i decided if i could help back once i knew more i would. And voila...!!! ;)

F&Q's... Read here

And you help all of us tremendously, Sea-sidelady!

I don't know what we would do without you.

• Haha 1

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

I agree!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

SSLady is a bit special!

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Today I got the letter from them declining my claim so I have to file at court. My question is, I have 2 accounts for which I am reclaiming charges, both are at the same stage. Can I put them both on one claim form or do I have to do the seperatly and pay the courtfees twice?

Yes you can claim them together as long as 1 isnt a credit card and it isnt over £5000.

F&Q's... Read here

I have had a letter from Halifax saying the usual 'You agreed to terms when opening account etc etc. I have no choice but to file at court now. the problem is that at the moment I cant afford the court cost. I checked and I do have to pay as Im not on benefits. I will be able to afford to do it in another couple of weeks but will I still be able to as the timescales will be wrong. Ive done the LBA so if I go to court will I need to send another one or can I still carry on from where I was?

Thanks.