Debitas help - cap1

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this strange bunch are a bit clueless.

Sent a CCA request on 21/02 re cap1 credit card debt and today i received a letter saying that they are contemplating court action, i should call them to agree a payment.

I was on the impression that until they produce the credit agreement they could not take me to court?

today i have sent another letter spelling clearly this account is in dispute.

By my reckoning times up on 14/03 (12+2 working days)and if they fail to provide the agreement they have defaulted and 30 days(14/04?) they have committed an offence, have i got it right?

this strange bunch are a bit clueless.

Sent a CCA request on 21/02 re cap1 credit card debt and today i received a letter saying that they are contemplating court action, i should call them to agree a payment.

I was on the impression that until they produce the credit agreement they could not take me to court?

today i have sent another letter spelling clearly this account is in dispute.

By my reckoning times up on 14/03 (12+2 working days)and if they fail to provide the agreement they have defaulted and 30 days(14/04?) they have committed an offence, have i got it right?

YES!

BUMP

Thanks DD

On the 14/03 i will fire a nice letter asking them politely to take a hike.

What puzzle me is this timeline:

Debitas letter requesting payment 18/02

My reply with CCA request 21/02

Debitas letter requesting payment 25/02

My reply with account in dispute letter 27/02

Debitas letter contemplating issuing court proceding 06/03

My reply with account in dispute 07/03

I am still waiting fot the CCA and yet debitas wants to take me to court?

That'll be a laugh debitas trying to explain to the judge why they haven't complied to my request!

After the 12 days with no agreement they can't enforce the debt with or without a court order, but remember, after the calender month in default they can still enforce the debt if they turn up an acceptable copy of the agreement. Civil courts don't enforce the offence, that's down to TS.

After 12 days by all means stop paying them, but be prepared in case they do turn up an agreement, allbeit late!

Good luck, regards, Dave.