oops

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

They might, eventually...for the price of sending another letter (if it's only been a couple of days) I'd send another to the right place...

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

No chance - simply reference the first letter and state the cheque was set to xx address and enclose cheque number....;)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Do A&L like to drag these things out to the last minute, my DPA request went in 3 weeks ago and so far nothing, is there anybody i can contact to see how things are progressing?

From the few posts i've read about A&L they seem to take around the 3 week mark, however, like with all the banks at the moment, i would imagine that they are getting swamped with these requests and so may take longer. They have 40 days in which to comply, so until then, i'm afraid it's a waiting game!

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Lueeze

LOL thats okay!

You prob mean you have got a ream of statements, you need to sift through them (carefully) and work out what charges have been aplied such as

Failed DD charges

Bounced Cheque charges

Over Overdraft charges ect ect...

Work it out add it up and hey presto!:grin:

Worked out everything they owe me done the sums, printed the letter, first thing tommorow im off down the postie to get it sent recorded delivery. hope i get the cash a.s.a.p it will come in handy for some stick of rock money on my holidays, i know it wont happen quick but a mans got to have dreams

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone, had a letter from A & L today saying there sorry im not happy with the service blah blah blah, do i have to reply to this or do i just send my letter before action when it's ready, and also does the 14 days mean working days or just your regular 14 days, i.e 2 weeks a fortnight half a mumfcheers Ian

Just send the LBA when their time is up.

14 calendar days. After all, they charge us interest at weekends!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi everyone, just an update, sent my LBA on tuesday got a reply today saying something along the lines of " all the stuff you've been reading about (i.e claiming charges back) is to do with credit cards and nothing to do with banks, were right and your wrong, good day ", i'll ignore this and go down the courts on the 25th, then we'll see who's wrong, did any body else get this sort of letter? keep you posted ta-ta for now

Yup, I think we all got it. The OFT investigation was into credit cards, but the banks are miffed that they got a mention too, as they weren't actually party to the investigation. Their turn will come.:rolleyes:

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Been away for a couple of weeks, when i got back i had another letter telling me that all this is nothing to do with banks, but if you've been charged by your credit cards you should nobble those instead, what a laugh, i'm going to fill in my court papers today and get the ball rolling, keep you posted

If you haven't sorted it yet the daily interest is 0.022% of your claim. You put the amount owed, but you can't attach the breakdown on line. I am taking my spreadsheet to the court with my Allocation Questionnaire.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone soz i got a bit behind with the updates some monkey drove throught my livingroom wall so had a lot to sort out, right where were we, sent off online my court stuff, got a reply from courts saying notice had been served and that A&L will be defending so just got to wait now hopefully for my check to arrive. i'll keep you posted and all things being equal i should be contacting you all with good news soon

They really shouldn't let monkeys drive Ian! (sorry :oops: ) Hope everyone was ok and you are getting sorted.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks