Barclays - Can someone please help!!!

Poppy07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Barclays have offered me a settlement, but will only put it towards my overdraft and will not send me a cheque. Surely this is my money to allocate how I want, I have other things to pay. Can they do this? If not, does anyone know how I should go about getting a cheque from them? Please help!!!

POPPY07

As you say, this is your money and your terms.

They can not tell you in which way to spend your money.

Inform them that you accept the amount but under your terms and you require payment via cheque or BGC into your or another account.

Failure to comply will result in you continuing to court.

DONT LET THEM BULLY YOU

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for your help, I've tried this approach and they won't seem to budge, I said it is my money to do with as I like, and if they won't give it to me I will take them to court and they more or less said 'ok carry on'. If I fill out a court claim can I specify that I want the funds by cheque?

Thanks for all your help

POPPY07

Yes, put in your particulars of claim that you require payment by cheque or into a nominated account.

On my barclays claim i put that i required payment to made by BACS to a nominated account of my choosing.

I did more for the fun of them having deposit all their charges into another bank account then my Barclays acount

If you take them to court you can probably get a lot more money from them too as they seem to only offer the minimum that they can get away with

get hold of the spreadsheet wich allows you to claim contractual intrest and then work out how much it will get then phone barclays and tell them you will take them to court for the contractual intrest too , so its in their best intrest to pay you by cheque and not mess around

Do you think I should ring them and say I am in the process of filling out a court form, but would rather settle out of court as long as they agree to my terms, ie: more money and by cheque!! (which would save them the court costs) What do you think?

POPPY07

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Do you think I should ring them and say I am in the process of filling out a court form, but would rather settle out of court as long as they agree to my terms, ie: more money and by cheque!! (which would save them the court costs) What do you think?

I would not bother wasting my time on this. Barclays only seem to settle very close to your court date - the day before in my case.

Barclays have offered me a settlement, but will only put it towards my overdraft and will not send me a cheque. Surely this is my money to allocate how I want, I have other things to pay. Can they do this? If not, does anyone know how I should go about getting a cheque from them? Please help!!!

What's the big deal?

Either they pay it in your o/draft if you are within it, and you can pay your bills from your o/draft.

Or you are over your o/draft limit, and they have every right to offset this with the repayment, as you have "unauthorised" borrowing, which they are entitled to have back.

Be VERY careful about refusing full payment because of the method of payment, a judge could take a dim view about that. However, if you are determined to carry on, make sure you have set out the required method of payment from the court claim, you won't be able to do that later.

The big deal is that I want my money!!! I wouldn't have been so overdrawn and forced into a state of no return if they didn't keep whacking on charge after charge!! My account is closed with Barclays, has been for some time and I make monthly payments towards the outstanding overdraft amount I owe. However, they are not adding interest and other debts I have are, therefore I would like to pay them off first. I am also not happy with the amount they have offered although I know they are willing to negotiate with me on this, but they won't budge on sending me a cheque, and I just wanted to know where I stood.

POPPY07

Or you are over your o/draft limit, and they have every right to offset this with the repayment, as you have "unauthorised" borrowing, which they are entitled to have back.

quote]

As Bookworm said, If you owe them money they are entitled to take that from your settlement.

Why not try and agree to having the balance sent to you by cheque.

If your account is closed and you still have the overdraft you owe them £1300.

YOur overdraft wont be authorised anymore because the account is closed or your account would still be open.

Guest Mumofthreeboys

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I thought Barclays would pay the money into my Barclays account, but in typical Barclays fashion they left it until the 11th hour to pay. They left no time for a cheque to be sent and cleared by the time of the court date. So they did a transfer straight into my Natwest account.

Hi Dan, you should write to:

Barclays Bank

Barclays Data Protection

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA16 9EU.

The template letters for such requests are all on this site. Good Luck!

POPPY07