Talk Talk moving hell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before you read further sorry it's so long.

Problems with talk talk started quite quickly, my dad signed up and pursuaded me to do it too. I am an employed by one of their rivals so I knew there would be problems for some. So I took the chance and went for it. Bills went down from £27 - £30 with BT so was quite chuffed.

Changeover went quite smooth, bb never arrived for nearly 3 months despite my repeated calls chasing it. And by this time I was selling my house and moving.

Now the fun began.

I contacted TT in May to arrange the transfer, giving our new address. This was accepted and told there would take about 10-days. I said fine and did the move in June. To try and cut a long story short my house is a new developement and had no previous occupant. Weeks went into months and after repeated attempts to get an answer (mostly using a mobile! or when I could going to dads who still had no BB at this time!).

Suddenly I noticed on my recent bill that it still had the old number and STD on it and NOW someone had an answer, a nice fellow pointed out that there needed to be an active BT line to connect to. I had moved area. So I ask what to do and he tells me to call BT pay to have a new line fitted £125 and sign up for a new number and pay to break the 3-month min of £18 and THEN TT would appropriate the new number!!!!!!!!!!

I paused, letting it sink in. :evil:

At no time prior to my move was I informed of any problem taking my account with me. In fact I even asked if moving to a different area was a problem!

Answer was short and sweet. NO CHANCE! (some wording has been changed) All this time I was continueing to pay them for a service I had not had for nearly 3 months. My mobile bills had went through the roof too because of this extra usage.

I demand they cancel me account forthwith if not sooner and was passed to cancelations, after a huge wait (now despise that jingle!) to have call dropped. Call lasted 55 mins on my mobile as had no other way at that time to call.

Next day went straight to dads. First call dropped, next call dropped, third call dropped. Finally I gave up and sent an email which said to expect a response within 10 days. Email had a full listing of all my woes. Their responce was an email saying that they seen I had contacted customer services the day before my email was sent and they "hoped I had gotten a satisfactory response". Another email sent but ignored.

Argh!!! Words can not express. Sorry this is so long guys.

So I gave up and lo and behold they default me for not paying them as I went straight to telephone banking to cancel their dd. To the sum of £75 or so.

Went to BT, new line and very expensive BB connected within 2 weeks.

I've had no more contact since their last final demand. How do I sort these guys out, you really can't talk to them and I'm sure like many now that I'm no longer a customer they'll not even give me the time of day.

Oh, and dad still has TT. Banned mobiles so he loves how cheap his bill is.

* sigh *

TT bar-stewards.

:evil:

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

To be fair to TT (just once) they have no ability to install lines - BT needs to do this, and as you were subsequently told, TT can do nothing until the instllation is working, to let them 'steal' it. OF course, the new development could just as easily have a Virgin cable phone line, and TT would still be stuffed, as cable company's are exempt from this obligation to sell on their local loop. Yuo could always try to get out of the contract due to TT's inability to provide the service as originally requested.

Nah, cable stops 7 doors down from me or I would have! And the point is I told them my situation AND the change of are AND that it was a new developement. At every point the said it was fine to move my account, all you can say is massive training issues.

But I'm not interested in that anymore all I want is to clear that default off my record, but they won't talk-talk to me. Last time I tried I got a very nice guy who said he'd have to pass me to another dept and my call got dropped. :rolleyes:

"You may fool all the people some of the time, you can even fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time."

P.T. Barnum

Ah, but all this is just down to staff incompetence - these days, that's an excuse that is accepted everywhere. This is one of the reasons I feel dealing with a firm that only has a year or two's experience in wired communications has a long way to catch up with the professionals like BT and Cable!

No, I completely agree, but odds on most customers with TT would get a service they'd be content with. That was the risk we all took, myself included, myself included. In fairness I should have known better as I worked for Telewest and knew fine well TT would HAVE to sacrifice on customer service to meet the demands. Oh well.

P.T. Barnum