T-mobile - Payment Failure Charge.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The simplest way is to send a cheque for payment of the account, less the 'penalty' fees, which are disputed. I note what you said about an inability to have funds until some later date, but the problems will snowball if the account isn't credited quickly - even paying the first month missed may make all the difference, and prevent her credit record being seriously blemished.

• Haha 1

Hi all

Am in the middle of a fight with them also at the moment. They seem to make the rulls up as they go along. First of all put the amount of the charge in dispute - this cannot then show as outstanding until resolved. E-mail customer services to start the argument etc.

Apparently your bill can go 10 days overdue then it is automatic suspension. But all you have to do is call collections and put a 'promise to pay' on the account for when you can pay - nothing more should happen.

If collections chase you for any of it in the meantime, have a go at them and tell them to read the notes in the account and that customer relations are dealing with you complaint blah blah. Get stroppy! crack up that no-one told you that you could do any of this also - poor advice etc, ignoring your rights (and their t&c's) when you're in financial difficulty etc. E-mail customer relations on - [email protected]

Good luck!

• Haha 1

Dipply75

I am in no way a legal advisor and only speak from my own experiences and the helpful advice of those in the same boat! :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in exactly the same situation as everyone in this thread, but I foolishly paid the £23.50, and setup another direct debit. Is there any way of reclaiming this fee, or have I let these greedy so-and-so's run away with even more of my money? :(

You are in a weaker position because you rolled over so quickly. You could write to them saying you have reviewed the situation and feel their PFC is unfair as it is a fine, and ask for this amount to be credited to your account so it can be used for line rental. Alternatively, ask them to justify the cost represents their true losses due to the 'failure'. If they don't you can always institute proceedings.

• 5 months later...

Hey. I have some experience with T-Mobile in this respect. Usually you will find that if you call customer services a couple of times and speak nice to an advisor, someone will credit you back the £23.50. Can't guarantee it, but it can happen. Also, if your payment history is good, they should be able to perform a "promise to pay" which will give you an extension.

Good luck

Hey. I have some experience with T-Mobile in this respect. Usually you will find that if you call customer services a couple of times and speak nice to an advisor, someone will credit you back the £23.50. Can't guarantee it, but it can happen. Also, if your payment history is good, they should be able to perform a "promise to pay" which will give you an extension.

Good luck

good advice lawbunny, but as this post was last updated nearly six months ago it may be a little late now!!!

You seem to be resurrecting a lot of old posts!

Anything I post is my own opinion and views based on experience. My posts may not represent the views of my Employer, work collegues, or my Mum, i thought them up all by myself!