asked for £1731.00 offered £778.00

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

received letter today from the halifax saying the following

i am arranging a payment of £778.00 to be made to you in full and final settlement of your complaint within 14 days. the payment of £778.00 is a gesture of goodwill and is made without an admision of liability to resolve your complaint.

i did ask for £1731.00 and i forgot to add the 8% interest, there is a phone number i can ring on monday. trust me to forget to add the interest doh. the wife says take it but i think i should go for the full amount.

ejmbon

Go for the full amount and call them but I would very strongly recommend you put in writing that any payments made will only be accepted as part-payment and you will continue with your claim for the full amount.

If in doubt read the

FAQs

If still in doubt - ask!

Hi ejmbon - I'd agree with Advoc8, send them a letter via recorded delivery stating that you'll accept the £778 in part payment, and will be pursuing them for the rest of the amount. It's what they'd do to you. ;)

Don't add the 8% interest yet. You only get to do that if you actually file a claim with the court. Add it now, and the bank will assume you don't know what you're doing, and come up with more excuses to fob you off.

The chances of you actually going to court are infinitesimal, but just in case, keep a copy of all the letters that go between you and the bank, and hold on to your recorded delivery receipts.

Good luck, mate - keep us updated on how it goes! :)

update

i asked for £1731.00 they told me it was £1521.00, they said they paid some money back when i complained years ago, i again checked my statements and oops yes they did, they then said they would give me £900 in total, i said no, we haggled got upto £1400.00 she said will put money in account today i was happy with that, so it went from

£778.00 offered to £900.00 to £1400.00, perhaps i should have stuck to my guns but i needed the money.

thanks for all your help on here,

will now make a donation

ejmbon