still paying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

in 1996 my house was repossed by halifax but after 6 months they sent a letter that i owned them 2k i and they want the money so i made an arrangement with them to pay them 15pound a month this being going since 1996 i dont know if this right what they are doing? after all they took my house please help

An SAR is a Statutory access Request - there is a ltter template in the templates section (let me know if you can't find it).

You send a cheque or PO for £10 along with this letter, which asks them to provide all information they hold on file for you for the last 6 years. Although the debt is from 11 years ago, you should be able to see what the balance was in 2001 and how/whether this has reduced while you have been paying. It will also show you if any charges etc. ahve been added.

They have 40 days to send you this info - let us know how you get on.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

And it's not just six years - it's ALL personal information that they hold on you, regardless of how old it is. If they've got documents from 11 years ago, they have to supply those documents. The 'six years' part is from the bank charge reclaiming process - as (for now, and starting to be disputed!) you can only claim back six years worth as per the Statute of Limitations, there's no point asking a bank for statements going back further than that.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)