Newby! mark v barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi guys,

just found this site this morning when i decided to look up about bank charges. Basically Barclays have been charging me hundreds of pounds in charges, which I am not happy with, and after reading this site I think I'll be sending them a letter!

Luckily i've saved all my statements over the past six years. Before I start, I've just got a couple of quick questions though!

1, am i right in thinking, to begin with, all i need to do is send the preliminary letter with the total amount on?

2, would it help if I itemised a list of the charges/dates etc. on this letter, or should i just send them the total amount it comes to?

cheers guys

Guest Lueeze

1. Yes...once you know the amount send the prelim

2. No just add them up and put the total on the letter!

Good Luck

Lou x

Well I've totted up, my bank have been charging me over the last 3 years, and in total they've had £480 off me in charges!

If I had that money in my account, I'd be well within what I could afford.

As it is, it seems to be on a spiral, with more charges going out each month as a direct result of the charges that have already been taken.

I applied for a loan from barclays, but they turned me down on account of me regularly going beyond my overdraft limit.

I explained to them that this only happened due to the charges applied on the overdraft, and the loan was to pay the overdraft off anyway, and was well within what I could afford, but they still turned me down.

Is there anything that can be done about this? Can I appeal against the decision? because if they hadn't taken these charges off my account, i would have got the loan!

Guest Lueeze

I doubt it, as they do not HAVE to lend you money, and they would also look at your credit file too.

Get your credit file, and check it to see if theres anything on there stoppin you from getting a loan elsewhere.

Lou x

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 10 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6598 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks