• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Robdblynd v Abbey ***WON***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Robdblynd

can empathise with you. The court bundle work is reminding me of preparing for exams. The deadline ain't going away. Sorry to annoy you but have you found the link that takes you to this australian site with the bit that supports statement of evidence © - can't do it and what are you transcribing? Should I be transcribing something? I'm doing it stage by stage but there seems a number of different possibilites and had no reply from court re my proposed directions yet. It's this final hurdle that hurts the most. Fran

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thankfully never had to do one was beginning to really stress on it by the way lovely labrador in the photo is it yours ive got a golden one xxkia

Fran, don't panic. No, i've not linked the Aussie thing yet but will try later.

As for the transcribing, that's what I do for work, I transcribe research interviews for Universities and Government Research Units. Interesting but highly confidential.

Kia, you don't know how lucky you are never to have to do a court bundle, it's a bleep bleep nightmare.

Sorry, it's not a labrador, it's my pup when he was 8 weeks, he's a Newfoundland, now stands 30 inches at the shoulder and weighs 11 stone.:D

i think there related though xxkia

Are you saying tricia is 11 stone in weight and only 30" tall???????? That's a bit harsh:o :rolleyes:

or have I missed something here?

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Newfoundlands are bred from St Bernards crossed with a dog local to Newfoundland in Canada. I've got three and the photo is of the youngest, Xander, around the time we brought him home. He was so cute, now he's the biggest, hairiest slobbering lump of love you ever saw but he's decided he's a guard dog and won't let strangers anywhere near the gate. When you see his teeth and hear the snarls I'm glad he's on my side.

Hey, should I set him on Abbey do you think? ;)

I wish I was only 11 stone but steroids make the weight appear from nowhere & getting rid of it is impossible. I make 5'4" if I stand up very tall though, will that help?

He's the one who ate your toffee CF. ;)

he's the biggest, hairiest slobbering lump of

He's the one who ate your toffee CF. :wink:

He's welcome to it:)

All advice offered here is my opinion only based on what I would do in a given situation. If you wish to act on it you do so at your own discretion

I have no legal expertise or qualification, and give advice on the basis of my own experience and nothing else.

Got my first email from the famous Ms Kirkman, offer of 60%.

Needless to say I've rejected that. She quoted Lloyds TSB case to me, so I pointed out the he had not prepared his case at all well, couldn't adequately argue his evidence and could not appropriately answer questions from the DJ and that I could assure her that was not the case for me, I'd get up there and argue till the cows came home.

Just as a final thought, I told her that we'd been moved to Mercantile in Leeds.

Wonder what she'll do now???

Hi Trish,

She will either reach for the tissues or a stiff drink I imagine, she won't rush back with the next offer but she will be back.

Let me know how the meet goes :eek: .

BB

Any advise offered is my own opinion, and if in doubt, always seek clarification.

[

He was so cute, now he's the biggest, hairiest slobbering lump of love you ever saw but he's decided he's a guard dog and won't let strangers anywhere near the gate. When you see his teeth and hear the snarls I'm glad he's on my side

Best NOT meet at yours then!!!:eek: :eek: LOL

Villafan

Nah, you'd be fine. If he thinks I like you he'd just slobber all over you and try and get near your face so he can kiss you. ;)

Feels more like having a bath cos boy can he slobber. None of the others do so I notice it with him.

This place is big enough to have a meet if folks wanted to but you'd have to put up with 3 dogs, 2 cats, 2 sheep who think they're dogs and my elderly mother who's as deaf as a post.

Good thing is, no neightbours so we can make as much noise as we like.

Got my first email from the famous Ms Kirkman, offer of 60%.

Hi Tricia,

60% is a pretty good starting point. FF got 25% as an opening gambit, which went down like a ton of bricks:mad:

60% up to 100%?? should have the money in your account by wednesday I reckon:)

Hi CF, I hope you're right, that would be very nice and just in time to pay for a whole course of driving lessons for my grandaughter.

Hi Kia, the cats are outside stalking the pheasants and having a high old time scaring the living daylights out of the stupid things. Two older dogs are having a nap and the young one is going round like a whirling dervish, the wind makes him dippy. OH, who works nights is snoring in bed and mum is asleep in front of the telly.

As for me, I'm stuck at this blasted computer trying to get these interviews typed up before tomorrow. At the rate Ikeep getting distracted I'm gonna be up all night. I might have to turn off my email alert cos I can't resist having a look to see who it is. You never know, it just might be the ultra famous Ms K.

Have you heard anymore about your judgement, have they paid you yet?

nope tricia no payment as yet mind you my postie is dixlexic dont know how you spell that any how ill spell it like that knowing how much cf hates bad spelling lol ,so my letter could be in the ditch thinking thats my address lol my cat caught three birds the other day killed two or they where killed falling from a nest and the other i saved from her for it to die that night poor thing still dont think it stood a chance myself probably had a heart attack.dog thankfully not paid any more visits with the ditch as its filthy.my oh is in a fowl mood after having to try and fix the compty for half the night so thats that sat here on friday night and nothing to d but trype on here how sad ehxxkia

That makes two of us cos I'm trying to work and the email alert keeps popping up and I can't ignore it, I'm too nosy. Usually it's nothing more than someone posting on a thread I've posted on before. I really will have to unsubscribe to some of them, it's driving me nuts here alerting ever few minutes.

Hopefully you'll hear something about your cash in the morning. Having been a postie in my past I can sympathise, some of them are great but some are, well the least said the better.

Glad you got the computer sorted, I never bother trying, I just yell for my son who comes and fixes it, after giving me the "oh mother" bit. I can't help it if I don't understand a word he says when he's trying to explain to me, he sounds like he's speaking a foreign language.

Hey, do you think CF can teach us computer speak since he's decided he's a teacher rather than a harem master. He must've forgotten that he was the eunuch in the corner when it first kicked off. ;)