• Tweets

• So sorry it's took me a few weeks to respond back to you. Thank you so much for your response. My grandfather is clear about the pension deductions on his pay slips.  As I mention before all these went missing in the burgarly. We have tried Willis Tower Watson but they were not to helpful. I am stuck what we can try next. Thank you again.     
    • As a rough guess it would be your landlord who would be responsible. But you need to understand the extent of your losses before you can begin any claim. This means that you need to list out any expenses to which you have been put, any expenses which would be associated with repairing damage or cleaning et cetera. And then list out the inconvenience to which you have been put as a result of this. Any actual expenses – money loss which has been incurred already all that is likely to be incurred in result of repairs will need an inspection and to quotations which eventually you will present to the landlord. Even if I'm wrong and it is not the landlord – you will still need the evidence that I have listed above in order to begin any claim.  
    • Hi, I have been renting a three bedroom, top floor flat for six years now in England. Just so you know, there is a letting agent, landlord and a block management company involved. Eighteen months ago we had a considerable leak in one of the bedrooms, affecting the next door bedroom as well but not as badly. This led to a lot of damage to the ceiling and the formation of mould within the first bedroom and to a lesser extent in the second bedroom. As far as we are aware, the leak has only recently been sorted by the block management company(who owns the roof etc…) Just over three weeks ago, a large inspection hole was cut into the ceiling, the workmen (instructed to come by block management) who undertook the work did not put any dust sheets down over any of the furniture, causing an incredible amount of dirt and debris throughout the entire flat, rendering the room unusable. We were left on a Friday afternoon with a gaping hole and no instruction as to what was going to happen next. Only after contacting our letting agent to inform them about the state of the bedroom had been left in, with a gaping hole and bits of debris falling, did they come to do a temporary fix to cover the hole which was after a week. As the bedroom is still unusable. My daughter has for more than three weeks been sleeping in the lounge. The letting agent did offer to get the place cleaned, but we see no point until the job has been completed. My landlord has reduced my rent by £200 for the past couple of months and is now wanting full rent regardless of the work being incomplete. A plan has been put in place, however, we have not been given a timeline for when these will be completed and this could take some considerable time. In addition to this, there was a leak in the kitchen but this was very minor, and we have a major condensation issue in the bathroom as the extractor fan is apparently not strong enough so the ceiling is covered in mould which is now being revealed as the paint is flaking off. The problem we have is that the building (roof etc..) is managed by a block management company. My letting agent has basically said that the damage is the responsibility of the block management and this nothing to do with the landlord, and therefore, does not want to give us any compensation. What are my rights as a tenant in this situation? Am I entitled to a continued rent reduction or additional compensation given the ongoing uninhabitable condition of the bedroom and the disruption this has caused? I have attached photos as supporting evidence and would be very grateful for your advice. https://imgur.com/a/yfm4FP9 Should you require any further information, please let me know. Thanks in advance! 😁👍
    • I have just read it again and I see that you say that you are going to be claiming for time and stress. This is not recoverable loss so I think that you should leave it out.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lowell Financial/Red debt collection services

langhar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi again

I have just realised, that when I went to type my letter to Red re their failure to supply the original CCA, and tell them they are now in breach etc and will be reported to the relevant authorities, that I didn't have a template letter or, failing that, how I should word my letter.

Any advice/templates would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

PS. I know my letter is late(ish) in going in to them, but had other things to deal with recently, hence it going in now.

Its not your job to remind these ''professionals'':rolleyes: that they are in breach of your CCA request. They are supposed to know the law and what it requires them to do.

If they continue to demand money from you they must be reported to the OFT and Trading Standards

Thanks for your quick reply ODC.

They haven't sent one single letter since 20 Dec 07, telling me they were not in possession of the original agreement and were requesting it.

But I really really(!!) want to report these droppings to someone so hopefully they get in the poo!!

Can I report them, or just leave it for now?

Thanks ODC

That'll do!! Cheers! ;)

What about wording? Will this do?

Dear waste of human DNA

I sent you a CCA request back in Dec 2007. To date you have failed to provide me with the requested information.

Therefore I trust that the account is now closed and no further action will be forthcoming by yourselves.

I require written confirmation that the account is closed.

Yours

Any good?

Hi ODC, I wonder if you could take a look at this letter I've just knocked up. The debt is just over £500, so I'm hoping they will decide to cut their losses and do what I ask. Your thoughts are more than welcome.......

I refer to my letter dated 17th December 2007. (Copy and proof of receipt attached for your convenience)

I also refer to my letter dated 17th January 2008. (Copy and proof of receipt attached for your convenience).

Furthermore, I refer to my letter dated 12th February 2008. (Copy and proof of receipt attached for your convenience)

You have decided to ignore every one of these requests for a CCA with respect to the debt you allege to hold against me (I enclose a copy of your entry with the Credit Reference Agencies for your convenience), despite your legal obligations to supply these documents, whether you are the original creditor or not, as defined under Section 189 of the CCA 1974.

Additionally, you tcashed my £1 cheque payment for this service on the 21st January 2008.

Please note: I do not, nor have I ever, acknowledged any debt to Lowell Group.

This letter is a final attempt to resolve this case amicably before further action is taken.

I will allow you 7 calendar days to write to me confirming the below:

• Removal of all defaults entered by Lowell Group. Note this is to be a complete deletion and not merely an amendment.
  • Balance of the alleged debt is Nil.
  • No further action or correspondence will be taken by either party concerning this alleged debt.

Failure to action the above three points, and provide confirmation of these actions in writing by 1pm on Monday 10th March will result in the following action being taken without further notice:

• Complaint lodged with the Office of Fair Trading, which carries an automatic £400 investigation fee payable by Lowell
  • Complaint lodged with Leeds Trading Standards
  • Complaint lodged with the Information Commissioners Office
  • Copies of the above complaints will all be sent to the Credit Services Association (CSA), the Debt Buyers & Sellers Group (DBSG), the Data Protection Authority (Data Protection Act), the Consumer Credit Trade Association (CCTA) and the Civil Courts Users Association
  • A copy of the above complaints, highlighting your non-compliance with legal obligations, will also be sent to the Institute of Directors, who awarded Lowell Director James Cornell ‘Yorkshire and Humber Young Director of the Year 2007’ in 2007.

To stop the above actions being taken I look forward to receiving your written reply by 1pm on 10th March 2008.

I wouldnt bother sending these professionals any letters reminding them of their responsibilities under the CCA 1974. They are supposed to know the law and abide by it. Just go ahead and report them.

• Haha 1

Completely agree with ODC here.

There is little to be gained in reminding them of their legal obligations.

Once the 12+month expires AND they demand payment without a compliant CCA then it's time to file a report with Trading Standards as they are chasing an unsubstantiated debt.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Thanks guys, they've stopped chasing me though, I haven't heard form them since I sent the first request in December. Obviously in the knowledge that they can't.

I suppose I'm looking for a quick fix really - I just want the defaults they've entered against me removed. They keep updating my credit file with a default each month, and I want ot get a mortgage, so getting that removed would do wonders!

I may be a little naive, but I hoped the threat of reporting (and the costs associated) would just convince them they may as well back down. If rumours are to believed they'll have paid about £100 on a £500 debt anyway, so the £400 OFT investigation fee would far outweigh the original amount they paid for the debt.

I appreciate that they probably don't use common sense though

hi recieved a letter today 29/2/08 off lowell saying they have recieved my letter and are looking into my enquiry and will respond to me asap, they said they will try to resolve it as quickly as possible, cant give me an exact date as these enquiries take time because of trying to retrieve info from original client or external bodies.

alison sheperd did guarentee me though, my enquiry is being dealt with and no need for me to write to them again.

im a bit dubious of this, do i still need to have my sd set aside. i dont trust these people one bit.

what do you think will happen now?

should i just forget this now till they contact me again?

thanks ebony and reg:confused:

They are Cupid Stunts. They really should have had all their paperwork in order before they sent the SD. They have just by their stupidity given you another reason to apply for a set aside/ ''The applicants have failed to supply an executed Credit agreement''

hi, i dont believe it, just has i turned off my computer from my last reply to you, another letter off lowell has just dropped on my door mat.

it says the agreed payment of £6000.00 has not been honoured and the account is in arrears, asking to contact them immediately for immediate payment, yea right!!

i dont think either one of these people now what they are doing,

what shall i now do about this as in 1 letter they telling me they will try to sort it, then on the other hand telling me im in trouble if i dont pay up.

just want these people off my back now once and for all.

thanks ebony and reg.

Report them to your local TS as well as sending a copy to Leeds TS

PO Box 5 Nepshaw Lane South, Morley Leeds LS27 0QP

If you have not already done so make a formal complaint to Lowell Farcical

Once they give you their pathetic Final Response then report them to the FOS who will charge these idiots £400 to investigate YOUR complaint

Hope I'm allowed to link externally.....

ebony and reg - I'm getting support on MSE re: Lowell too.

I got a really good list of who to contact with your complaint

See POST #15 here: DCA ignoring my CCA request...where now? - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

MODS: Sorry if I'm not allowed to link to other forums, please remove if inappropriate

Hi there,

I have recently had a few letters from the lovely company called lowell financial.

The first one was asking me if I lived at an address I had never heard of I phoned the company and told them the name was correct on letter to my home address but this other address they were enquireing about was wrong.

The person at the end of the phone informed me they would up-date their details.

Today I have had a letter through the post claiming I owe them £219.10 for 1st credit.

After a very interesting phone conversation with an advisor at their end I was later informed that it was due to a bank accout I had at loyyds TSB and it apparently being over drawn from six to eight years ago.

Which Im pretty sure is not the case as I closed it. They couldnt even tell me where they got the odd address from!

The advisor on the phone was rude and un helpfull when I requested them to find out where the debt had come from he said they would do this but if I did not make a payment any proceedings mentioned in their letter would still continue. The letter dated the 28 Feb also stating I had 5 working days to pay up or start a payment sceme as I recived this today on the 3rd doesnt leave me with much time.

I informed the advisor I would be making no payment until they could proove the debt was mine, he then questioned me futher and I told him it was so long ago that I didn't know if this was mine and again I would not make a payment unless they could proove this.

I then asked him if the debt prooves to be incorrect what would their process be.

To which he said my company would apologise and would say no more.

I questioned his tone on the phone as the whole call felt like a personal attack as appose to helping me get to the bottom of this.

I also reminded him at the beginning of the call that he had said it was being recorded and if I was to complain it would do him no favours and I am aware of my rights as I work in customer service.

His response amused me greatly as he said that he had been doing his job for eight years and was more experienced!

I then asked him to put his manager on the line to which he replied he was not there, that he was a senior advisor and was authorised to deal with the call. At which point I informed him I wanted to make a complaint about him and therefore he was hardly authorised to do so. He then asked me if I was questioning his authority!!!! He then again refused to pass on any manager and again asked me if I was questioning him.

At which point I have to admit I told him to wind his neck in and he stated that he would hang up if I continued with the abuse!

Again I asked him to put on someone of a higher standing than himself and he refused saying there was no one there to take the call and that he was now going to end the call.

I then informed him that I was going to see trading standards regarding this matter and I was then told to do what I want!

At this point I told him that I wanted a copy of all the information the company holds on me including any notes he has made on the call as I am allowed to do under the freedom of information act.

I apologise for the rant I have just looked this company up on the internet and found your forum.

Please could anyone advise me where I stand with this issue??

Kind regards

Aaron