• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well after reading about this detox thing, and how much better it makes you feel Fendy. I thought I would give it a go myself, you know will power and all that.

So I got myself some diet coke to put in my rum instead of regluar coke.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hows the North Sea Seahorsey........ choppy I hear today ????

Vomitville city here we come. Lol Lol Lol. Dontcha get all sicky and poopy on them big boats bobbing around on the water. I think I would get seriously wobbly sea legs mate. Lol Lol Lol. So Mrs. Seahorsey had cheque huh. !! Full settlement yeah ?????

Fendy xxx

Nope, no cheque, but I needed to agree to the offer so have written my own version of full and final in case they decided it applied to both accounts (I still have one pending). Not full as in CI and all that, but damn near all charges going back 5 years which is the best I could hope for considering our archaic Scottish courts.

However, I might chance my arm a wee bit more with the other one, since I can afford to use the first one to fight it. Just a pity I can't find a solicitor with the guts to argue CI in court. But I think I'll give it a go at trying for the past 10 years charges on the other one. I MIGHT be able to persuade my solicitor to get them to agree to that, as he seems to think he will be able to negotiate a reasonable deal on it before it even gets to court. I just need to balance up whether his fees will outweigh the difference in amounts or not.

Weather has calmed down a bit, so we're back working again. I had hoped to be home on Monday, but the weather has delayed that until mid week now. So far. Seasicky isn't usually a problem on these big boats. But I have had some horrible trips on other ones. Sat through a hurricane in the Gulf of Mexico a couple of years ago on quite a wee boat, and EVERYBODY was very ill. The ultimate in feeling sorry for yourself. Doesn't help when everything that isn't screwed down is flying around either.

So. HOPEFULLY a nice couple of grand in the bank by the time I get home. So me and Mrs Seahorse will be off out to celebrate methinks. But not counting my chickens until the dosh is in our account. Who knows what tricks may yet be up their sleeve.

morning fendy and all.....you got a cheque in the post this morning? i feel its not far away now!

additions direct-no CCA

marshall ward-no CCA

next-CCA turns up after they have committed offence,(30 days) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) time!

monument -CCA not signed reported to TS for harrassment 1st letter sent TS are useless

associates visa-no CCA

think there might be a pattern here!?:lol:

GE Money- won

barclaycard-- N1 put into court

capital one - won

NatWest- won

never lose sight of your goal!

Nopey peepies. No cheque. Im thinking one of two things.......... either:--

Thought a)

Cobblers will organise the telephone conference for 5th June, we all tune in and listen to what the judge has to say, i.e. re: directions and allocations etc. etc....... then we act on that, they string it out even longer to an actual court date, then they settle day before court, so we could be looking at another 3-4 months away for that version bearing in mind the telephone conference isnt until 5th June, and court date for actual hearing could well be another couple of months after that the way the cases are stacked up/backed up at courts.

or thought

b) because of the letter I sent to judge i..e stating that as yet the banks have yet to turn up in court to give full breakdown, hence I feel they are abusing the court system, blah blah blah, and if he deems to ask them if they plan on actually turning up to defend the case, and they say, OF COURSE, YES WE WILL, and then dont, Judge might strike the defence out and I win, or we to almost court date, and they cave before then, problem also solved,

or THOUGHT C:

They dont want the phone conference on 5th June for whatever reason, scared of what judge might ask them, dunno............and decide to settle before then.

But lets be honest here, theyre gonna drag it out so they themselves make more money from Nutty West, in fees for defending, so my own personal gut feeling on this one, is they will go with version. A..... Show up for conference, organise as they are supposed to do, judge will give directions, we get court date, and they cave the day before or send me a cheque the day before. So I reckon Im looking at August or September before a cheque comes........................ NVM. I can wait............... if its as late as that, it will have been 9 months. I started this process at beginning of January, it was my new year resolution, and to be honest, its the only NEW YEAR RESOLUTION I have ever stuck to and carried through. Lol Lol Lol xxxxxxx So a quick win would be nice for my efforts and gumption this year, but Im really really really not expecting it quickly. Expect the long version, then anything else is a bonus.......... Lol Lol xxxxx Fendy xxx Ive been practising my bestest poshest telephony voice for nice Mr or Ms Judgey Pants, so they dont think Im **** sucking piece of poopy out to reap vengeance on the banks. Even though I am doing it for revenge................ Lol Lol. xxxxx Sad really but revenge on my personal banking manager is all I ever wanted. The money is just a huge bonus......... I want to walk in and see her face when Ive won............. and ask for appointment to discuss something............. and smile sweetly when I add, Oh and thanks for the cheque by the way, you know, all my bank charges returned. So lovely of the bank to accept my win so graciously. Thanks, Im off to the Caribbean next week by the way, do you want a postcard. Lol Lol Lol Lol xxxxx Nah I think she will avoid me at all costs when I win........ Lol Lol Lolxxxx

My hubbys business has his account through them, and I think she will try and avoid him too probs after this....... Even though hes had no part in my claim whatsoever other than to offer quiet encouragement from the sidelines. He says he just doesnt feel able to have done this himself. Men,........... Lol Lol Lol xxxx such babies. Lol xxxxx

Lol.......... morning Fendy!!! Those fingers have done some typing this morning honey!!! Personally, I think you're right that cobblers are dragging it on just to carry on squeezing fees out of nat west. Can't understand why nat west are so totally prepared to pay their extortionate fees rather than just bloody well cough up (which they have to in the end anyway). Cobblers must have managed to convince them somehow that dragging on claims (and paying lots of dosh to greedy lawyers) is the right way to go. Little bit of common sense should prevail methinks!!!!

Anyways............ it's Saturday. Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!! Weather's not too great (bit of a nip in the air and a bit gloomy) and I'm thinking............... chilling out!!! Done way too much work on the house over last few weeks - so think I'll do food shopping, cleaning........... then chill!!!!!

Just a thought Fendy, but can get hubby to camcord your little chat with the personal banking bod please??? I'd lurrrrrrrrrve to see that one on myspace............. lol............. pleeeeeeeeeeez!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx :p

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

LoL Hedgey ur so naughty......... Lol..... I would love to, but I dont think Im allowed to by law, i.e. put my bank manager on my space without their permission. Not sure where I stand on that one, but it would be fun......... Lol. xxx Feeling great, kind of glad I didnt have the glass of wine last night, even thought I could have murdered one....... but because were feeling so tip top Im going on with the detox thing for another week and see what happens. Ive lot another 4lbs on it this week so thats nearly a stone in a fortnight and hubby has lost a stone and a half so far so hes absolutely over the moon, and hasnt included any extra exercise at all. Flipps Im so happy about it. Yaaaaaaaaaaay. But stopping after week three. The weeks fly by so quickly that its really not been that bad at all. Im ok with it all through the day, but its the evening when I miss the glass of wine. I never guzzled the stuff, but we used to have 2 glasses each probs 4 nights a week. Cripes, thats quite bad isnt it. But havent had a drop this last fornight...................... and by heck is it showing on the waistline. Im starting to see my hips and heck, I have collar bones........ Yaaaaaaaaaay, havent seen them since before I had kids. Lol Lol xxxxagain. Lol Lol xxxxxx

Oh and weather report for Oakies today. Sounds like your neck of the woods. Today is dull, cloudy, chill in the air, and generally a bit like autumn. Not hot and summery as Mr. Weatherman promised. So an indoors day I think.............. it might brighten up later, so my little 9 year old tells me.................. like he would know. Lol xxx

OK, off to collect him from footy practise. Hubby out working, but only till 3 so short day, and daughter being lazy lolling round the house making mess everywhere she goes. Dog needs walking too so thats the next job after Ive collected my little red haired boy. Lol xxxx See yaz later peepies whatever you are doing this weekend. Hope you have better weather wherever you are......... mines cool and poopy clouds. Lol xxxx

Lol........ what's a collarbone?? Am I supposed to have one??!!! :p You've both done absolutely brilliant with this detox - can't believe you've managed to stick to it for 2 weeks! Like I said before - I've just got no willpower........... I'm a little piggie!!!!!!! Was 'good' all week (food-wise!!) but then blew it by scoffing indian food last night!!!!!!! Lol............ they get upset if I don't turn up on Friday nights............ they get worried I might be ill or something!!!!!!! :eek:

One more week on detox only though Fend.......... cos you've lost a lot of weight already in just two weeks!! Hedgey's orders.............. curry for you next Friday night honey!!!!!!!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Cobblers seem to stick to a pattern for a while then change course abruptly. Like paying steve out £35,000 out of the blue. Its all phycological made to make us feel good one minute and despairing the next. At the end of the day Cobblers know they may win the odd case that we might not hear of, but they have yet to win a well and proper documented case. So they are playing games with us knowing that everyone on this site will win at some time. The way the Cag. army is performing is terrific. From Nattie's espionage and Michael Brownes legal knowledge, and the mods. With their far reaching scouting and advising of enemy movements. WE ARE A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH. So fends as we talk their could be a cheque winging its way towards you. Or it could be next month or a few more after that. But you know as well as me YOU WILL WIN.

• Haha 1

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

OMG Parkie............... I feel like going on a demonstation after reading your last post!!!!!!! Hurraaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy for parkie.......... I'm gonna start calling you Mr. Motivator now!! There was a real one once - right muppet who used to do exercise thingies on a breakfast show.......... always dressed in multicoloured lycra (shudders at the though!!!)

But parkie............. you're our real Mr. Motivator!!! xxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

HEDGEY, we are all in a demonstration and a fight. We all handle it in our own way and we all agree about one thing we won't be beaten. Mr . Motivator laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Yaaaayyyyyyy......... it's official......... we're all radicals!!!!!!!!!!! Watch out Nat West.......... we're coming to get you!!! Mr. Motivator............ just keep on making those motivational posts............ you're such a star.............. and your smilies are brilliant!!!! (gotta get me some of them!!!!!!!!) xxxxxxxx:p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lol Seahorse............ you're always so spot on with those quips!!!! :p

How are you honey??? You've had an awful time lately, are you feeling any better??? xxxxxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Lol........... our Fendy'll have your guts for garters for that one!!! Mr. Motivator's got cheeky!!!!!!!! Lol..........!!!!!!!!!! xxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Daleks are back tonight watch out:)

Nah............. my twinkies'd scare the living daylights out of any dalek enaid!!!!!!! xxx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Aaaaaw iccle matey peeps. So nice........... the encouragement just keeps coming. OK Im laid back, basking in the encouragement, oh yaaaaaaaaay basking,, basking, ooooooooooooo yaaaaay bring it on cobblers. Bring it on.............. So.

QUOTE FROM SEAHORSE: "HOPEFULLY a nice couple of grand in the bank by the time I get home. So me and Mrs Seahorse will be off out to celebrate methinks. But not counting my chickens until the dosh is in our account. Who knows what tricks may yet be up their sleeve" .

And Seahorsey above. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay, at least offer of payment...... thats something. Yaaaaay for Mr. & Mrs Seahorsey. Brill. xxx

You can't keep a good bunny down......... and neither can cobblers!!!!! Extra big ass shake methinks Fendy........... right at cobblers!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Parky, Noooooooooooo it bl**dy is not me in the papers. Im not that ancient. Cripes.......... although I do know the couple involved in that article. Not personally, but I know their daughter, I went to school with one of their kids........ and they are a nice family................... but flipps no, Im only flippin 40 you cheeky monkey....................... Humph, Fendy skulks off feeling very downtrodden and old................... xxxxxx DALEKs, I thought that was what Michael Browne was until I discovered him in the bear garden one evening and you know what, HE DOES HAVE A FAB SENSE OF HUMOUR WHEN HE LETS HIS HAIR DOWN. Iccle Sweetie........ Lol Lol. Okay, more water for me, feeling dehydrated.......... fizzy water here we come, my raspberry smoothies worn off that I had for brekky. xxxx

Told you she'd get you for that one parkie!!!!!!!! Lol............ you've made her turn to fizzy water now!!!!!!!!!!!! xxxxx :p

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

And Enaid blessss..... shes detoxing on DIET COKE. Lol Lol Lol Lol. xxxxxx

ENAID TRUST ME ON THIS, diet coke is not a detox beverage. Lol Lol Lol xxxx ok, it might give your colon a right good clean out, I know people who use it to clean their loos with, lol and drop a dirty copper penny ie. 2p or 1p into a glass of coke for 20 minutes and watch what it does... Hummmm, you may never drink any kind of coke again after that me thinks...... Lol Lol. So just imagine if its doing that to a penny, wots it doing to your lovely internal organs that make your iccle body work so perfectly. Lol xxx NOT GOOD, NOT GOOD. LOL LOL XXX

I know people who use it to clean their loos with,

Oo er......... diet coke??? Is diet pepsi the same??? I drink gallons of that stuff.............. feel positively queasy now though - bacon butty's gurgling in my tum after readin that one!!!!!!!!! Yuk. xxxxx :eek:

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks