• Tweets

• Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for their help in this matter. Since my last post I have received a reply from Plymouth Council Insurance Team concerning my wife’s accident (please see enclosed letter and photo of the offending Badminton post) which they deny any responsibility for the said accident. I feel that the Council is in breach of their statutory duties under the following acts: The Leisure Centre was negligent in its duty of care and therefore, in breach of the statutory duty owed under section 2 of the Occupiers’ Liability Act 1957. Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 (the Act) to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the health, safety and welfare at work of all their employees, and others who might be affected by its undertaking, e.g. members of the public visiting the Leisure Centre to use the facilities. The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 that requires employers to assess risks (including slip and trip risks) and, where necessary, take action to address them. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations (PUWER) require the risk to people’s health and safety from equipment that is used at a Leisure Centre be prevented or controlled. I would like some advice to see if my assumptions are correct and my approach to obtaining satisfactory outcome to this matter are accurate. Many thanks   PLM23000150 - Copy Correspondence.pdf post docx.docx
    • Talking to them does not reset the time limit, although they will probably tell you it does, they'd be lying. Dumbdales are the in-house sols for Lowlife, just the next desk along. If Lowlifes were corresponding with you at your current address then Dumbdales know your address. However, knowing that they are lower than a snake's belly, you would be well advised to send them a letter, informing them of your current address and nothing else. Get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter, don't sign it, simply type your name. That way then they have absolutely no excuse for attempting a back door CCJ.   P.S. Best course of action, IGNORE them, until or unless you get a claim form......you won't.
    • A 'signed for' Letter of Claim has been sent today so they have 14 days from tomorrow... Lets wait and see what happens but i suspect judging by their attitude they wont reply 
    • I am extremely apprehensive about burning our files.... I do not know why, so it is becoming an endless feedback loop. Scared to pull the trigger to speak in the desire not to mess up my file. 
    • Hi All, So brief outline. I have Natwest CC debt £8k last payment i made was 7th November 2018 Not a penny since. So coming up to the 6 year mark. Can't remember when i took out the  credit card would be a few years before everythign hit the fan. Moved house 2020 - updated NatWest as I still have a current account with them. Then Lowells took over from Moorcroft and were writing to me at my current address. I did get a family member to speak to them 3 years ago regarding the debt explained although it may be in my name I didn't rack it up then went contact again. 29th may received an email from overdales saying they were now managing the debt. I have not had any letter yet which i thought is odd?  Couple of questions 1. Does my family member speaking to lowell restart statute barred clock? 2. Do you think overdales aren't writing to me because they will back door CCJ to old address even though Lowells have contacted me at current address never at previous? ( have no proof though stupidly binned all letters  ) Should I write to them and confirm my address just incase? Does this restart statute barred clock? 3. what do you think best course of action is?   Any help/advice is appreciated I am aware they may ramp up the process now due to 7th December being the 6 year mark.   Many Thanks in advance! The threads on here have been super helpful to read.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Fendy v NatWest - 16K - **FINALLY WON**

fendyweather
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lol I thought that was piles:D

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm off to a sale now Fendy so I'll have a look at what they've got :) catch you all later xxxxx

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums

Quintrix, what a lovely name....................... you will get your charges, but its a case of trying to stay sane along the way. Heck, bet you could work wonders with this thread, trying to hide the paper chase. My theory, if I make Nasty West and Cobbets court bundle so thick with paper, judge might just be having bad day when my case gets to court, take one look at the thickness of the file and think "B*gger, claimant wins by default" all because he cant be bothered to read through MASSIVE CHUNKY FILE ABSOLUTELY FULL OF PAPER. Most of it nonsense by me of course, but its just an idea. I will be only too happy to report back to the pixies on here if my idea works. If not I will be very sad bunny walking home dragging sad thick chunky court bundle behind me....................... I hope not. MY HEART IS FULL OF CONFIDENCE, but my brain lets my heart down sometimes........... Story of my life.. xxxx

Ey up, Parkys back for his afternoon nosey................. Nosey parky. Ha. Nosey Parky.

Sorry Parky. Still reeling from puppy goo having splarted all over my hall walls when we got back from wet doggie walk. Little blighter shook as soon as we walked through front door. So gotta go clean walls off now with sponge and soap. Flipping brown pond flecks everywhere. Dogs, theyre worse than kids...................

Feeling better after your iccle afternoon nap Parky. All this encouraging newbies takes it out of old men doesnt it. Lol.

Rise, go on............................. rise to the bait my friend. Fendy xxx

" Parky's back for a nose" laughing-smiley-014.gifTheir is no hiding from you is there. Never mind the dog splarting all over the place. Like dog like owner, because you do an amazing amount of splarting. ;) Old man ? shocked.gif As you lovely splarty lab doggy will agree that there is plenty of life left in the old doggy yet. tongue.gif

A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.

Good things come to he who waits

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Oooooh parky. I think you took the bait. Whats up, hiding behind your smileys. Wont tell age............. lol. OK puppy goo cleaned off walls. Not too bad. Only took ten mins.......... Ive banished him to the utility room. Smelly puppy. Looks a bit sorry for himself though. Hubby rang, to say "whats for dinner", ummmmmmm, lied. Said Home made Lasanga, havent made any, said I would, kids will be gutted. So off to shop to buy lasagna for tea, and put into bowl to make it look like I made it................ . Hope the tums better Hedgey, and Caz, dont go splashing out all your newly returned bank claims money on old sideboards........... treat yourself. And wheres Jetspark....................... shes abandoned the crew this week. Wonder if shes busy.. she did have a lot on her plate last week. Give me a shout if anybody knows where shes got to............ will be back on tonight for a little while. Not much on the goggle box worth watching so would rather be reading or posting on here. Much more sane..............

So Parky, 48, any more takers, shall we go higher or lower ??????

Why don't you give hubby some dog splart and chips for his tea ? 48, 36, 29, 103, Who knows eusa_think.gif i thinks i knowsthe magic age.eusa_think.gif

Its your money taken unlawfully from your account and you have a legal right to claim it back.

Darn, foiled again Parkvale. Thought you just might accidentally go higher, or even lower and forget what you were actually talking about. You know, mostly OLD MEN GET CONFUSED............. so that rules that one out then....................... Dog splart and chips. Me thinks not................... chips never see the light of day in our house, unless of course, they are super healthy oven chips................. So got yummy lasanga, home made of course, ssssshhhhuuuushshshshssh, baby new potatoes roasted, and lovely jubbly mange tout, thats pea pods to us yorkshire folk. Healthy, but equally as yummy scriddly plumptious. God I would hate to be a newbie on here right now. To go back to all that knowing squat, would be horrible............. and a bit daunting if I remember back in January. Can you believe its nearly Aprily Parkvale................... where oh where does our precious time go............ on CAG of course, Lol. Fendy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

APRILY on sundily, Time and tide wait for no Fendy. Never mind another day less to wait . Mangy toot , Bit posh in Oakworth aren't they ? ;)

Lol. Posh, me, never. I just like pea pods............... I eat em raw mostly when Im peckish........... oooooh yum. Theyre a brain food you know. I like to think of it as building up my stamina for the Nasty Festy Westy fight.

Me did thinkest you might have gotten too close to the wi fi rays of your pooter, temporarily forgotten who you were for a minute, and reveal your true age,,,,,,,,,,,,, but obviously wasnt working. You cant be on wifi......

Im on wi fi and I do it all the time. Every time somebody starts up the microwave, in too close range to pooter, I have been known to wee myself and forget who I was for a second................ Lol. Thankfull it doesnt last too long, and I always seem to remember, charge by charge and line by line exactly how much nutty west have charged me over the years. Im surprised I never went bankrupt actually...... had the wolf at the door a few times.......... always managed to talk my way out of it though, Lol. xxxxxxxxx

Age you know. Tis a sad thing............

And its Mangi Tootey actually. Get it right Parkvale. If you dont speak a da lingo, how will you ever know if you got it right.

Fendy xxxxxx 72115COR.jpg

"Wi fi rays of your pooter." laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gif

I don't know about talking yourselves out of it .I

am sure youv'e talked yourself into a few times.

Yeah not sure I agree with wi fi to be honest. Im debating having it taken out. I dont think all them alien rays flying about are too good for our human bodies............ will get back to you on that one......... still testing, but deffo get more headaches since changing to wi fi. Ummmmmmmm, I dont think its good. Fendy xxxxx

It's not the wi fi rays, it's because it gives you the opportunity to spend even more time with the laptop on your lap, making you go blind. Because, ehh, because of the excessive strain on your eyes, and eh, well, it just does make you go blind, OK. And gives you a headache.

NOT for the reasons you might have been thinking. :eek: Honest.

Lol Lol Lol Lol. Naughty seahorse. Get back in the aquarium where you belong. Who let you out, and wheres your mate Hedgey. Is she still in Vomit Valley. Poor Hedge, she was sooo ill. Couldnt hold a thing down Poor lamb. I hope shes ok.............. might pop into the bear garden later and see if shes about. I need some funnies from here, and hearing about the squids is so funny. "Mucky little twinkies". I love that expression. Was laughing out loud for a good 3 mins at that one. Mucky little twinkies, ha. I thought twinkies were american trans fatty acid muck that makes one severely obese if consumed in anything other than tidge pot quantities. Lol. Poor Hedge. xxxxxx

Anyone on post 666 telling you you are going blind is extremely worrying speechless-smiley-040.gifspeechless-smiley-040.gif

I dont think the name Seahorse sounds very devilish does it really. But then again he might be hiding his true identity. After all Beelzebub would hardly introduce himself as "Hello, Im Beelzebub, would you like a fork up your bottom today for being bad person ".. Nah he would be much more shifty and trick you with flashy wordy stuff, like "Hey there mi lady, would one like to partake of apples from the garden of Eden per chance this fine morn " , exactly , he would be charming...... Oooooh heck, just like Seahorse. Cripes.................. getting worried now. Tis all a bit SCAREY MONSTER PIE FOR ME NOW. Even scarier than having fun with Nasty West. ooooooooh..........

Stop it my stomach is hurting through laughing so much.

laughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.giflaughing-smiley-014.gifThe cat is loking at me as though i am mad.

Im the one being dabbled with by THE DEVIL. What you laughing for.......... B*gger I think I better sign off for a bit.......... kids nattering for tea now................ I was having so much fun I forgot to feed em.

Lol. Bye for now. Catch ya all bit later. Fendy xxxxxxx

Beelzebub just checking in to see if anyone would like me to shove a fork up Gnat West's collective bum.

It's a big fork too. Needs to be so I can fork up all that horse poo.

And COINCIDENTALLY, Beelzebub wise... for anyone who's been watching Mobile on beebeesee 1 on Mondays...

I was involved in the mobile phone industry at the start of it back in the 80's. And have been getting terrible headaches lately. So maybe Fendy is onto something with the Wi Fi rays.

I'm just off to blow up some mobile phone masts then.

(If Mr CIA/FBI etc have picked that up with their keyword spying activities... it's a JOKE!!!!! Play on words, and whathaveyou. So don't go arresting me next time I land in your very nice country. Oh, and please accept my apologies for not paying my speeding fine in January, but I came home before I had a chance to pay it. Soz.)

Can you ever talk sense. Oh don't bother we luv you as you are. ;)

Yeah we love ya sea horse, Beelzebub, whatever your name is Damien ??? Damien, I just bet, NOT. Fendy xxx And no, you can stick your fork in the Nasty West coffers dish me up a plate of fair play please. Ta Muchly Moo Devil Boy. Ha. XXX Fendy xxx

Fendy,

I am signing off now to go to the casino in downtown Monaco, but i dedicate post no 700 to you and all the madness,mayhem and fun you have bought to this site.

Au revoir.

Hey Fenders, thanks for your concern in earlier post. Not been on for couple of days, been really really busy doing stuffffff! But its taken me about an hour to catch up with your thread, how do you find all that time. I work 4 mornings a week and dont have enuf time to wee some days never mind post humungus posts like you do. I do have a giggle reading them tho. Interesting about parkie tho', got your theories about most on here eh?:-D.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6122 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks