THFC4EVER v Barclays Bank

THFC4EVER
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

After reading lots on this site, I decided to start the process of reclaiming charges on my Barclays current account. Here is where I'm up to:

01/02/2007 Sent "Preliminary Approach For Repayment" letter

10/02/2007 They sent standard "We are sorry that you have had to contact us..." letter, and "Don't hold back your feedback" leaflet, and said "...we will let you have an answer...no later than 02 March 2007."

19/02/2007 Sent "Bank - Letter Before Action" letter

Excellent, well done for making a start. Keep us posted on your ventures :)

Crash

DAY 1: 12/09 - S A R to British Gas

DAY 45: 27/10 - Data Non-Compliance sent off

DAY 67: 18/11 - N1 Deemed served

DAY 114: 03/01 - Judgment served £60 cheque rec'd; Prelim sent for overpayment refund of £393.06

24 Days: E2Save Settled in full £70

59 Days: Barclaycard claim Settled in full £134.39

162 Days: Halifax Settled in full £1543.80

179 Days: Barclays1 Settled in full £2450.45 + £447.02 in costs

254 Days: Barclays 2 Settled in full £1450.91

Advice & opinions offered are personal, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 4 weeks later...

07/03/2007 They sent a stalling letter saying "...we will contact you again as soon as possible, and certainly no later than 30 March."

13/03/2007 We began a claim via MCOL, and sent a schedule of charges to the court

14/03/2007 They sent a letter offering 24%

15/03/2007 We sent "Rejection of Settlement Offer (conditions attached and insufficient amount offered) Letter" letter

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to ask a question. How long did it take Barclays to acknolwedge your claim from it being served ?

If I have been of any use to you in my response please click my scales. :oops:

MBNA WON 16/3/07 £1700 :p

Barlcays N1 fileld in and awaiting funds to take them to court.

If you want to spend some of your money from your new spending saving scheme why not buy a flybook laptop. http://www.everythingflybook.com. I can highly recommend them.

Currently in Litagation with Barclays 11/5/7 ( Awaiting Court Date )

Intercityman,

I started the MCOL on 13/03/2007, so the deemed served date was 18/03/2007.

This meant Barclays had until 01/04/2007 to respond (or, actually, close-of-play 02/04/2007 as 01/04/2007 was a Sunday).

They cut it fine by acknowledging at about 3pm on 02/04/2007.

• 2 weeks later...

21/04/2007 They sent a 100% offer with conditions and a "Consent Form to set aside the Default Judgment"

23/04/2007 We phoned and informed them of the unacceptable terms, and they said they'd resend the letter a.s.a.p. without the unacceptable terms

24/04/2007 They sent a revised 100% offer without conditions, but which still contained an error

24/04/2007 We phoned but only got their Legal Clerk's voicemail. Will phone again tomorrow

25/04/2007 We phoned and agreed to cross out the error and then sign and return the acceptance letter. They agreed to then credit our account and then we'd send the completed "Consent Form"

Dear all

here is where I am in the process of reclaiming my charges - they have sent me a letter of offer which says "when an account in opened with us, our customer is provided with a copy of the terms and conditions relating to the use of their accounts; including details of our charges. If we make any changes to our terms and conditions, we provide details of these changes to our customers in line with the banking code. Detials of our terms and conditions, along with our charging tariff, can be obtained at any of our branches, or via our internet site" they then go on to say that despite this they will offer me a sum to pay me off... as I opened my account 35 years ago I think it is unlikely they will have a copy of the t's and c's they gave me then! Is this a standard approach to fob me off and if so si there a standard repsonse to escalate the matter?

All advice welcomed....

Titanic

Hi, Welcome to CAG,

Firstly, dont take this the wrong way, but you need to start your own thread, so any questions can be answered directly to your needs.

At the moment you have 'hijacked' someone elses thread.

click here and repost.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=7

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

02/05/2007 We hadn't heard from them so we phoned their Legal Clerk. He said he hadn't received our letter but would action the payment immediately and call us back "in half an hour".

02/05/2007 Their Legal Clerk phoned us back to tell us that he had credited the full amount to our account. We agreed that we would now return the completed consent form.