Little advice before I begin

TINY!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, firstly ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Ok thats better.

For the past 4 weeks I've been trying to get some charges back (£122.26) since it was their fault I went overdrawn. Back in November I phoned them to request my account be taken from an advantage gold account, to a normal current account. I was told I needed to write to my local branch requesting this and there would be no problem. And so I wrote to my local branch.

I heard nothing for a few weeks then when I got my statement in January I noticed that my account was still an advantage gold account. So I phoned my local branch and they say they never received any letter, and it probably got forwarded somewhere else, they had no idea where. So the nice girl told me to write again, making the letter to the attention of herself...I did this.

Again I hear nothing for a few weeks, so I phone again, they have no evidence that my letter was sent and told me it probably got forwarded somewhere else...they have no idea where.

So this time another lady has asked me to wait til the end of the week to see if the cahrges are revoked and if not, I need to write ANOTHER letter addressing it to her and she'll sort it out. But I wont hold my breath.

Ok so my question is, should I sort this out, and get these charges back before I find out how much they owe me in total for the past 6 years, or shall I just go full steam ahead and do both? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Tiny.

Guest dwarren

Hi TINY!

Welcome to CAG!

You can only make one claim at a time so I would consider going for the full 6 years worth as opposed to 2 seperate claims. This also alleviates the stress of having to go through this twice!

Complete a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and send to Natwests registered offices (recorded delivery) with a £10 cheque and they will then have to provide you with statements for the last 6 years within 40 days.

Remember to read all the FAQs, stick to your deadlines and you will win!

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask any questions!

Dwarren

Cheers very much - they **** me off so much I want to punch something :-|

I've got a secondary account already so thats all good, I think I'll do one of those letters now to request the money and send it off tomorrow morning.

Does it matter that my account is currently overdrawn and I am subsequently being charged every month for this? Its only overdrawn because they're incompentent idiots though. When I requested my account be downgraded, I was in credit. Idiots.

sorry for the lone dissenter with regards to the recent mishaps since November but i do need to ask a few questions, was the account opened as advantage gold? was the account downgraded within 90 days of converting it/opening it? Has it been downgraded and has a complaint been recorded over the phone? was the call to the branch or general telephony? Need further info before i can tell you a plan of action for the recent charges and advantage gold

sorry for the lone dissenter with regards to the recent mishaps since November but i do need to ask a few questions, was the account opened as advantage gold? was the account downgraded within 90 days of converting it/opening it? Has it been downgraded and has a complaint been recorded over the phone? was the call to the branch or general telephony? Need further info before i can tell you a plan of action for the recent charges and advantage gold

Thanks for the reply Nattie.

Ok...Yes it was opened as an advantage gold account some 4 years (ish) ago. The account has now been downgraded, eventually. I asked back in November 2006, phoned the general Natwest then got put through to my local branch, who said I needed to write to them requesting it. Did so, nothing happened. Phoned my branch again and they said they have no record but all correspondance of that type is forwarded elsewhere. Told me to write to them again requesting it, making the letter FAO the Branch manager. The account was then downgraded, but the charges still stood even though I was told the charges would be revoked due to it being their fault back in November (I had little money in the account, and was charged in December for having an Advantage gold account, which subsequently put me overdrawn, then I was charged for being overdrawn!).

I havent officially complained - 2 weeks ago I phoned my branch again because even though I asked to be kept informed of if/when my account would be downgraded, I hadnt heard anything. So I phoned them back and they told me the account had been downgraded but they didnt know anything about the charges (it was in the same letter!!). Told me to write to them...again! Making it to the attention of the girl I spoke to, which I did, heard nothing again so phoned back yesterday to find that the girl was on holiday, they had no note on my account of a letter being recieved and that it had probably been forwarded elsewhere. I was then told to wait til Thursday to see if the charges are revoked, if not phoned them back.

Is that everything you need? I hope all that made sense! lol

Cheers,

Tiny.

Ok, it should have been downgraded when the letter was received and the final charge should have gone out at the end of December. I would complain on this one to Customer Relations Unit because it should have been dealt with better than that. They should refund that bit coz it is bank error.

I'm normally a lenient kind of guy, I dont get irate at people doing their jobs when its out of their hands, but I'm really beginning to get peeved off with it all. Do you think I'm best trying to sort this problem out and THEN get onto them with all the charges they owe me within the last 4 or so years? Or just go straight into the main charges and included the money they owe me now...if that makes sense? Cheers for the help.

up to you really but it should have been treated as a complaint and recorded as such. If the charges are higher earlier on then the charges are the main thing and should have a speedier conclusion

Will do Nattie thanks a lot. Just printed out the letter, wrote a cheque and will be sending it tomorrow morning recorded delivery. So hope to hear back soon, will post back on this thread once I hear something. Cheers again.