Information on Cabot

pmhcfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4704 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, Ok - I admit to being bored - but for anyone that wants a laugh on a dismal rainy (what seems like November) day read the following quotes from KM :

Ken Maynard, Managing Director of Cabot Financial, a market leader in debt Purchase and management and a member of the CSA comments,

"Cabot has adopted a unique approach called Polite Persistence. The foundation of this approach is to build a positive and trusting relationship with the customer. The other key element in all collections activity is the safeguarding of the original lender's reputation. Cabot's approach is therefore relationship rather than transactional driven."

Mr Maynard continues, "At Cabot, we pride ourselves in treating cardholders and borrowers as customers and manage them with respect while trying to negotiate a payment plan that is effectively adhered to and is realistic".

"We achieve excellent productivity through a combination of quality information systems and collection procedures together with a highly trained and motivated team. We use state-of-the-art call centre technology and have a sophisticated IT functionality. (Like lie detection software Ken?)

Just hate every DCA out there

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay we all have a laugh at Kens expense don't we? - It's pretty unfair isn't it? OR IS IT????

You see the devil with Cabot is in the detail and they just don't really know their own business do they?

Kenny baby doesn't lend money to people in debt because that's just not moral or within the spirit of all those lovely laws set up especially for him and his troupe of monkeys.

and.... I'll keep you waiting for this one....????

What about the mortgages that Cabot offer - or so it is alleged. I saw someone mention something about a blog that said she (the blog author) used to be a mortgage advisor/administrator for Cabot..

Methinks the slumbering Morley Mortgage beast will awake fully when this predicted credit crunch hits us, following the turmoil in the money markets.

I suspect FIRE isn't called that just for fun..suspect they will use this to up the heat and then when their ahem "customer" is so desperate to remortgage to get them off his back he will find the traditional routes are blocked.

So who will be waiting in the wings with mortgages and secured loans at a usurious...oh do beg pardon slip of keyboard I meant wonderfully competitive rate...twill be the currently low key Morley.

An utter disgrace to the human race. Don;t know if an of these Cabot creatures beleive in karma? Well I do and let's put it simply for them as the esoteric wisdom of Buddha may be too much for their tiny grasping brains to conceive so let's just say what goes around etc...I also believe Greed is one of the Seven Deadly Sins.

So is gluttoney ! (have you seen some recent pics of ?? ;) )

Having said that, Sloth; the modern day interpretation of this deadly sin is one of 'an unwilligness to care'

Wrath is the sin; 'denial of the truth'

And Cabot love themselves sooo much (read many of the quotes already posted here), so that's Pride taken care of too.

Great post btw RHia

, but with a 21% staff turnover I suppose you could call them temps couldn't you ? :D :D

Hey don't knock ole Kenny boy, Cabot won employee of the year for 'getting the staff turnover down to as low as 21%'

Christ knows what it must have been. Ken is very proud of this figure of 21% staff turnover.

Cabot continue to bang on about how ethical they are, how well they conduct their business, how well they treat their 'customers' YET they still use Ruthbridge to collect statute barred debts...I don't know how KM manages to bu**sh** so many people in the profession..still, you know what they say; the bigger the lie etc...

Click on the link below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/111410-help.html

I wonder if these awards were one's where you don't have to pay to enter and you win on pure merit. From what I've noticed, the awards that Cabot win are one's where you have to pay to enter lol, therefore, you're paying for the honour of winning!

Kent Business Awards

No, No, No pmhcfc you got it all wrong. Ken Maynard GIVES all the prizes from Cabot (that he probably picked up in someones bankruptcy auction package :D ) didn't you know what a generous gentleman he is?

He is very generous, after all - I'm sure he gives the CFC the 'finger' on a regular basis ;-)

Andrew- re your other post on another thread.

Is it worth posting on this thread all the 'Cabot Companies' - with all their name changes etc etc etc..

for eg; FIRE, Morley, all the Cabot worded companies, The Kingshill's etc ?

Or is it just best to not say too much about them for now? I don't think I've posted all that info on CAG before now you see.

Sarah - you still want to do this , yes ? (re above)

I want some info on Cabot now - anyone....Why is it when someone's debt becomes statute barred do Cabot give the debt for someone else to chase - even though they (Cabot) know it's unenforceable by law ?

If challenged by governing bodies on this, would Cabot plead ignorance, and say "Wasn't us govnor, we wouldn't chase for a statute barred debt"

I've had a good read around site tonight - lots of old threads too, and there's definately a trend where this happens. I'm wondering if Cabot buys the debts that are already statute barred (for 1p in the pound for e.g), give it straight out to the likes of Ruthbridge and Clarity , and hope to catch people unawares.

The point being, why can't they just accept the law on this, and not even try to collect on it. How can Ken Maynard brag to who ever will listen, praising his company to high heaven, saying how wonderfully ethical Cabot are...It stinks - This company needs exposing for who they really are - they making me mad now :mad: :mad:

Oh if you hadn't heard of this lot before (clarity) they here >> Clarity is future of Debt Collection - Internal Roller Shutter Door

This is interesting !!! >> Credit Management & Debt Collection Business Industry News

Now I wonder why Cabot would use this firm ! Any ideas anyone ??

Nikko,,Nikko,,hmm, that names rings a bell ;-)

Damn, I was going to bed, now I got to dig around a bit lol -- so, Fieldcall as well eh? Fieldcall - The intelligent system to transform your Fieldcall management Wonder if their name will pop up soon.

Ahahahaaha-- You couldn't write this.... Just found a quote from the CEO of Clarity - some guy called Garry Stran... Who does he sound like? ..

"...and we pride ourselves on People Powered collections." (So, are they being 'people powered' when they try to collect statute barred debts I wonder)

What does Nikko (NPIL) do...Look around for the CEO's who talk the most **** and then buy their company's ?

OK, I got bored waiting for Sarah (women eh? lol)

Here's a list of all the UK companies I know are associated with Cabot Financial. There could be more but this is what I have for now...(oh by the way, some of these aren't active at present, they are in Red)

Cabot Financial Ltd

Cabot Financial (Group) Ltd

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

Cabot Financial (International) Ltd

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd

Cabot Financial Debt Recovery Services Ltd.

Cabot Financial Holdings Ltd

Cabot Financial Holdings (Group) Ltd

Cabot Consumer Services Ltd

Cabot Capital Ltd

Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd

Kings Hill (No.2) Ltd

Kings Hill (No.3) Ltd

Kings Hill (No.4) Ltd

Kings Hill Capital Ltd.

Morley Ltd

Morley Funding Ltd

Financial Investigations & Recovories (Europe) Ltd

The Message Service Ltd

Hey, guess what...As from today Cabot will now have all their paperwork in order - and if they don't, then there's no excuse...Hands up who wants to be the first one to mention this in a letter to them re non-produce of CCA etc..

FSN: Debt purchasers improve customer service with enterprise content management solution from The Content Group

Hey, guess what...As from today Cabot will now have all their paperwork in order - and if they don't, then there's no excuse...

FSN: Debt purchasers improve customer service with enterprise content management solution from The Content Group

Come on guys, we're not working hard enough. The lovely BB says Cabot are only 'stretched to the limit' ... Another couple of hundred letters a week might tip them over the edge ;-) :D

Bernie Burdett, IT Director at Cabot Financial, comments, “We recognised the need for an automated document management system (about time and all) as staff resources were being stretched to the limit and customer documentation was not being dealt with efficiently enough (No sh*t). Since the majority of the correspondence we receive is in paper format, which takes more time to handle (good to know, we'll lay off the Emails then), it was vital to us that we found a better way of managing the information (let's see if it works shall we).

Talking of Berni,

Here's a forum she likes to visit every now and again Call Centre Discussion, Information, Articles and Development Tips - CallCentreVoice

And here's a bit of one of her previous posts..

Cabot pride themselves on being compliant, ethical and caring whether we are dealing with our customers or our staff. We don't use technology for technologies sake however if there is a different way of doing things we are not afraid to try them out....

...We have a young workforce here who are recorded every day when on the phone and don't see this as a big deal. These recording will of course be available to them via our online HR system as are any of the calls they currently make or take.

OK, I got bored waiting for Sarah (women eh? lol)

Here's a list of all the UK companies I know are associated with Cabot Financial. There could be more but this is what I have for now...(oh by the way, some of these aren't active at present, they are in Red)

Cabot Financial Ltd

Cabot Financial (Group) Ltd

Cabot Financial (Europe) Ltd

Cabot Financial (International) Ltd

Cabot Financial (UK) Ltd

Cabot Financial Debt Recovery Services Ltd.

Cabot Financial Holdings Ltd

Cabot Financial Holdings (Group) Ltd

Cabot Consumer Services Ltd

Cabot Capital Ltd

Kings Hill (No.1) Ltd

Kings Hill (No.2) Ltd

Kings Hill (No.3) Ltd

Kings Hill (No.4) Ltd

Kings Hill Capital Ltd.

Morley Ltd

Morley Funding Ltd

Financial Investigations & Recovories (Europe) Ltd

The Message Service Ltd

OOppps - I forgot these other two:-

Kelly Systems Ltd

Legal and Debt Management Services

Makes you roll doesn't it....?

West Malling-based Cabot Financial (Europe) triumphed in The Badenoch & Clark Business of the Year Award, also taking The City & Guilds Employer of the Year Award. Describing the judges’ reasons for choosing Cabot Financial, Charlotte Butterfield, senior manager, Badenoch & Clark said: “It has demonstrated excellent growth and success during the past year and has strong growth predictions for the year ahead. On top of this, a huge emphasis is placed on quality of service, treating customers as customers and not as debtors.”

Email: [email protected]

Visit: CMP Information - Home

As an HR practitioner I can't imagine it's a good place to work in HR at present - their employees must be having nervous breakdowns every hour given the grief CAG is giving them daily!! lol wonder what the percentage staff turnover is?

THey have a new 1/4 million £ letter sorting machine..oh , and the staff turnover is down to 21% - something Cabot is very proud of.

In my last job, if I'd had staff turnover of 21% I'd have been out on my ear! In fact, I managed to go a whole year with the only one person permanantly leaving the company, the rest being internal promotions.

21%? Stand in the corner and hang your head in shame, Ken.

Er, not wishing to alarm you too much, but getting his staff turnover down to 21% was one of the reasons why he won an award last year.

Sarah; I wonder if we can find out just how many temp staff they have there - surely it's impossible to educate and train all these staff re the rules, regulations and laws on consumer credit. I mean, they have to rely on a new £250k letter machine just to sort the post out, what does that tell you? :D