• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Urgnt Please Help Me

beckie1984
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6232 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am wondering if anyone could help me. I am in the process of taking my bank to court, my court date was for the 21st Feb next Wednesday but the judge has decided to strike out my claim saying that I have failed to file my documents but I did send in everything that I had (being copy’s of the letters that I sent to the defendant and my bank statements and my schedules) but he is say it is not enough, i think he wants me to provide evidence that the bank charges are unlawfull. Can anyone help me in anyway.

I have only got till friday to make an application DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO THIS!

Many Thanks

Beckie

beckie have you got a thread with details of your claim on?

and did you send the court bundle from this site in?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

I hope someone comes along with some advice for what you can do.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Oh Beckie - Post up, in full, the judges strike out order and the order that requests the documents and that should include the hearing date. I need to understand if it is an unless order or whether your claim has been struck out.

Has your hearing been cancelled for the day after tomorrow? I am confused as you say you have until Friday to make an application.

Is this your main thread?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/22585-come-lloyds-tsb-credit.html

Did you use the particulars from this site?

As you found out, the court staff will and cannot assist you here, we can though.

Although I need to reserve judgement, until you have answered the above, it is likely you are will need to prepare a court bundle, this link will guide you through it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

This is not a quick exercise, it will take around a day.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

this is the letter i got from the court, i had to wright it out as i didn't know how to get it on this thread.

Before DISTRICT JUDGE ATKINSON sitting at Leicester County Court, 90 Wellington Street, Leicester, LE1 6HG.

Upon reading the documents filed

And of court’s own motion

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. The claimant having failed to file documents as set out in the order of this court dated 13th December 2006 by the 15th January 2007 or at all, the claim is struck out in accordance with the provisions of that order.

2. The hearing listed for the 21st February 2007 is cancelled.

3.This order has been made by the court of it’s own initiative, without hearing the parties or giving them an opportunity to make representations. Any party affected by the order may apply to have it set aside, varied or stayed. Such an application must be made not more than 7 days after the date on which the order was served on the party making the application.

Dated 14 February 2007

what did the order dated 13th December say?

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

This is what they are asking for

The claimant shall by the 15th Januray 2007 file and serve:

(a) Copies of any statement or other document relied upon as showing that each and every charge repayment of which is sought has been made.

(b) A statement of the claimants own evidence, if such is to be relied upon as tending to show that the alleged charges have been made, or that they are irrecoverable as penalties.

If the claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

I know i sound a bit thick but i have had a look at the court bundle and i am just so confused with which way to go next and time is running out as i have only got in till this friday to get an application in to the court.

Is there anyone that can help me understand this mess i am in.

OK, you said you have sent all of your documents to the court, it is possible that they have not recieved them, or if you have not included the court bundle it is possible that the judge could not see your full arguments.

You now need to complete an application, (look in Bank Templates Library, Form N.244).

Asking that the case be re-instated, giving you a further 14 days to file documents and request a new trial date.

You will need to explain why you need this, so if you have already sent the documents explain this, if you have missed the court bundle or anything else, explain that you now have these ready.

Try and explain that as you are a litigant in person it is possible you may have missed some elements, but have now taken advice to ensure you have the correct documents etc...

I would imagine someone on the site who has sent in an aplication for whatever should be able to help you with this argument.

Good luck.

Read, Read and Read some more.

The answers are all out there...

By the way, it's your claim. I only offer an opinion as another reader. :confused:

I have not had this situation before, hence my silence. We usually catch it before it gets to this stage.

I have asked a site helper to assist you, I hope they can. Meantime do not do what aqua2 states.

If I have been helpful please click on my star and add a comment.

I'm working on the wording for the N244 form now. In the meantime, edit this statement of evidence to suit your claim and print off a couple of copies - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/53570-new-strategy-allocation-questionaires-3.html#post482194

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Here's the N244 form - http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/c.../n244_0400.pdf

N244;

Top left hand box:

1. Tick c), without a hearing

Leave the rest blank

Part A:

I ***** (the claimant)

(that....) sets aside the order to strike out my statement of case made by district judge ****** on **/**/**.

(because....)the non-compliance of the initial order which resulted in the order to strike out was caused by a mis-understanding on the part of the Claimant.

Part B:

tick 'evidance in part C' box

Part C:

I hereby respectfully request that the order of **/**/**, which strikes out my statement of case, be set aside.

I wish to offer my sincerest apologies to the honourable court for my non-compliance with the order of **/**/** [date of initial order].This was due solely to my misunderstanding of the requirements of the terms of the order. I submitted documents on the **/**/**, these documents consisted of {bank statements, schedule of charges and .....}, and it was my belief at the time that such documents were what were required under the orders terms.

Since receiving the subsequent order of **/**/**, and thereafter taking advice, I now understand that I should have provided a statement which documents my own evidence in respect of the basis of my claim in law and fact, rather than solely the bank statements which were previously submitted.

Please find attached herewith the documents as required under the terms of the initial order. These are;

a) bank statements to show that the charges have been made;

b) statement of evidence that charges made are disproportionate contractual penalties

In view of the fact that I am a litigant acting in person in this claim, I respectfully request that the court allows this application to set-aside the order so that my claim may proceed in accordance with the overriding objectives.

Get it in to the court in plenty of time, along with the statement of evidence (as linked in post above) and bank statements. I'm not sure whether or not your obliged to serve a copy on the defendent, but I would do so just in case.

There's no gaurantee that the judge will allow it, and there is a possibility you'll have to go to a hearing, but you've got a good chance of getting your claim back on track.

If your not sure of anything just shout.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

PM me with your email address beckie. I'll email it to you.

Lucid :)

EDIT: Sorry Guido - crossed posts. If the new link will not work then feel free to PM me. :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK Beckie I've emailed you. You should edit your above post and take out your email address - I'm sure you don't want it available for ervybody to see.

Lucid :)

Mindzai & Lucid vs Lloyds TSB

*Won unconditionally with contractual interest (29.85% compounded)

Lucid's Account - £749.62 * Joint Account - £2019.64 * Mindzai's Account - £595.65

*All settled in full - 6/2/07

*Hearings - 7/2/07

*Prelims sent - 9/8/06

_______

GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Any news on this Beckie?:)