pinkduchess v HSBC

pinkduchess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be psychic! I was just going to post the link for you!

I can't see it myself. I tend to agree with Caro's view that if they were going to do it they would do it now. No point in waiting. Also it's one of those friend of a friend stories.

Whats your thinking?

Well they are basicaly accountants so making provision for the impending pay out does ring true but to fold now leaves then open to everyone including people that havent claimed.

I still think they can cut a deal with the OFT to cut their liability before they pay out. The OFT is part of the old boys network and not a mad customer they will agree a fair rate and pay out over that.

pete

yes I see what your saying but the point that was made in the press, and someone pointed it out on that thread, is the ammount of interest the banks would make on the money they will eventually have to pay out. I think it was quoted at 20 million in the papers.

Do you mean they could sort a deal with the oft before the outcome of the test case?

why not, its only a court case, they have made agreements and run before why should the OFT case be any different.

If they manage to cut a deal with the OFT and the FSA and get it rattified in court what chance will anyone have of geting any more than they have agreed.

pete

Many congrats on your extra spot PD! :) Pity you can't get pink ones to go with your avatar..........

PS. The translation was for a reply to Auburn anyway ,but you can take your place in the queue if you like :cool: :cool: ( Really Laffin !!) :lol: :lol:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi, Pete and Freaky,

Have I missed some movement on the Lloyds front (is there a link?) or is it just speculation from financial gurus? :confused:

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Wow! That's pretty heady stuff if it's true , guys!

It has a ring of truth in that, if a bank thinks that it can steal a march on the others by 'giving in' - it'll go for it.

As has been mentioned, they must be losing a bomb in 'product sales' - 'cos you can't sell to irate customers.

Also, although they may lose interest on their 3.5 billion - they won't have to pay out for so long at our 'minimum' of 8% per item

It may also be that the courts may allow claims to go back over the six years from when the claim started, because the banks have wasted courts time - AND LOST!!

I would also venture to suggest that if Lloyds goes for it, - it will be like dominoes - they'll all have to follow suit and vie for who can quote the lowest 'fair charge'.

Competition and CAG would win the day!

Thanks for the link Freaky, it's got my mind ticking over again............:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Well, at least I managed the quoting bit at last!

Can't let PD have all the best ones so I want to tell you all about the day Abraham and Rachel got married. The families were happy as Becky had married a nice professional boy, but he was a little, shall we say, careful about money and so was naturally perturbed when Becky said she wanted to bathe in Champagne before her wedding.

Abe had already stashed a couple of dozen cases (bought wholesale) for the reception and so carefully removed all the foil wrapping, wire retainers and corks from each bottle, poured the Champagne into the bath and called out to his beloved "Becky, your bath is ready."

Going into the bathroom Becky saw the inviting bubbles and jumped in to luxuriate beneath them.

After her bath, Abe carefully refilled each bottle, managed to get the corks back in, rewired the retainers and even got the foil back on the bottles and into the case when he suddenly realised he was one bottle short.

"BECKY" he screamed in panic "YOU DIDN'T, DID YOU?

Pip-Pip

Van

It may also be that the courts may allow claims to go back over the six years from when the claim started,

Sorry, what I meant there was - if the court case drags on through apppeals etc and they still lose , the court may allow claims which were 'in the mill' at the beginning to go through without applying the time limit.

Does that sound better? :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Hi Johnny. I would like to think that llodys were going to do something along these lines but the longer this story goes on without any other hint of the same thing from elsewhere then the less i think it is likely to be true.

If they did do it I for one would open an account with them though!:D

PS. The translation was for a reply to Auburn anyway ,but you can take your place in the queue if you like :cool: ( Really Laffin !!) :lol: :lol:

oh how presumptuous of me!!! :oops::p

a letter from DG dropped through the letterbox today informing me of their intention to apply to the court to stay my action!! dont they realise the judge has already done that?? :x

lol :D

ok just for you theres two options

1. she either 'added' to the bath so there was excess liquid in relation to the number of bottles :o

or

2. she must of hidden the bottle somewhere :o :o

what i dont understand is when rachel became becky :p

Oh dear, red faces all round!

Where I used to live, and where some of my best friends were Jewish, the diminutive form of Abraham was Abe and the diminutive of Rebecca (not Rachel) was...er...Becky.

Now you know why I can't do this blasted spread sheets!

Just in case you think I am anti-semitic (which I am most decidedly not as the joke was told to me by my Jewish dentists while he was drilling away) Mind you I could have easily become so after laughing with that rotating tool in my mouth!)

Then a priest told me about two girls in Dublin who opened a massage parlour in a quiet street where two elderly spinsters sat opposite peeping through their curtains, watching, timing and, of course commenting and tut-tutting.

One day a Minister of the Church of Ireland appeared in the street, rang the girls' door bell and was quickly let inside only to emerge an hour later looking rather pleased with himself.

"Did you see that sister Mary" snorted one old lady watcher to the other "that Protestant hypocrite has been sporting himself with them girls - thank God I'm a Catholic".

Next day who should appear but Fr. Murphy himself who also disappeared inside the girls' dwelling.

The two old ladies looked at each other for a moment before Mary spoke "sister Martha, 'tis ashamed of myself that I'm thinking, one of those poor girls over the road must be dying."

Van

OK, Ok. Freaky Leaky.

Will do as requested, but not with Becky's Champagne.

Hinting to OH she might go and get a bottle of Scotch from the Co-op to do so 'cos it's on special this week.

We have been talking about a Jewish Princess, none other than Rachel Rebecca Cohen, daughter of Howard Lewis Cohen and Mrs. Cohen of Cleckheaton.

Van