Eb0 v ~NatWest

eb016390
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6282 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Really hope someone can advise me.

Ive held a Natwest account for 8 years and have just received the statements i requested.

I've worked out charges totalling app. £750.

Problem is that I'm overdrawn by £2000, which I couldnt pay back if requested.

Can anyone please advise whether I should persue the claim or not, and 2ndly is there any information I would miss out on by receiving standard bank statements and not through the data protection act information.

Many thanks

Hi all,

Really hope someone can advise me.

Ive held a NatWest account for 8 years and have just received the statements i requested.

I've worked out charges totalling app. £750.

Problem is that I'm overdrawn by £2000, which I couldnt pay back if requested.

Can anyone please advise whether I should persue the claim or not, and 2ndly is there any information I would miss out on by receiving standard bank statements and not through the data protection act information.

Many thanks

Ok as long as you have the full 6 years then there is no need to ask for the SAR.

I would advise you to reclaim your charges, the bank can threaten to recall your overdraft. If they do you can report them for retalitory action due to you reclaiming your charges.

I was in exactly the same position as you, they owed me more and I owed them less, but essentially the same position with not being able to pay off the overdraft.

I sent Natwest my initial letter and had a refund in my account 2 weeks later, they didn't try anything with the account, but they did say that if I claimed any future charges they would view that as me being unable to abide by their terms and conditions and they would have to down grade my account to one with no cheque book, direct debit facility or overdraft.

Hi Ebo

Ive had 2 claims against NW. The first for £3500, received back in November. I immediately started a second claim for my business account, which had an overdraft of 3k. I got back £800 after sending just the prelim letter. They didn't call in the overdraft.

Also there have been some huge NW payouts recently that have been settled without even filing a claim, I suspect your case will be wrapped up very quickly. Here's hoping.:)

Good luck

cheers kate,

Sent off my prelim to natwest bank, and sent the SAR to natwest mastercard.

I kinda hope ur right with the quick payout. Although part off me wants to go to court.

Ive just started work at a law firm.....and would love to put some advice to practice!! (some people r never happy huh!!)

hey guys,

Well that seemed preety simple....Natwest agreed to 'as a gesture of goodwill' refund the £896 i claimed as a gesture of goodwill'...

I know it probably sounds ungreatful...but seems to easy considering i sent the prelim only 12 days ago....cant help but think i underclaimed!

Generally i'm happy.

Thing is i think i've had 2 charges since the claim was made (well since i had staments to say so) for about £75.

They've given me the name of someone to talk to about their offer. Should i just be greatful....or try and claim the 2 charges?

Many thanks all for ur advice.

Sorry guys,

Was about to accept West's offer.

Then I re-read a paragraph:

As a gesture of goodwill, I am prepared to make you a payment of £896 as you requested. Acceptance of this offer will be a full and final settlement of your claim and your agreement that NatWest's terms and conditions for your having bank facilities will continue to apply'

I know it sounds all good....but just wanted to make sure that the final part of the paragraph was something I should accept?

Thanks alot,