Fixed Penalty Notice

davie bhoy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5091 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Perfectly reasonable under the circumstances, but a slam dunk as far as the PCN is concerned I'm afraid. The only mitigation is you had a badge and it wasn't displayed. Without one, it is better to take the discount and pay early.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I got a fixed penalty notice for parking in a disabled space but before I get totally slagged off it was one of 6 spaces - all disabled - outside a charity shop into which I was dropping off some donated goods. I didn't even lock my car because I popped in with the bags and when I came out the ticket warden was there with the ticket. On the notice it said car observed from 13.47 to 13.47. I have challenged it for this reason but they just said its a contravention and pay up but I feel that the warden could have just said to me (she must have seen me get the bags out the boot and go in the shop) and the fact that there is nowhere for non-disabled people to park when just dropping off charity goods is a bit discriminatory anyway. Any thoughts please?

And there is the perfect proof, if any were required, that it is all about profit and not keeping the streets clear.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I recently applied 4 a new tax disc online and did not receive it. I thought it may have got sent to my old address. The new tenant informed me that it hadnt but there was a letter for a registered fixed penalty ticketfor which i hadnt received a ticket.

I moved house last year and changed my address with the DVLA and received my license back but not my log book. I only noticed this when my tax disc did not arrive.

I spoke 2 the DVLA regarding my tax which has been sorted but nothing mentioned of the parking ticket and to be honest i dont want to ask. As i did send the registered keeper form back with my change of address and didnt notice it hadnt been returned, Is this my fault?

I also dont want to contact the baliffs i received a letter from as according to the letter i received i now owe a parking ticket outstanding fine : £45 and enforcement costs £65 and I quote ' we are instructed by the director of her majesty's courts service to enforce a distress warrant which has been issued in repect of the unpaid fine' does this mean they've already gone to court? If i wanted to avoid this i should have paid within 7 days (i received this letter 2 days ago and its dated from 2 months ago.) if not and an officer has to attend the sum of an extra £170 is to be added to my fine.

Can anyone help on where I stand before I reply to any of them?

Thanks

Oh dear. You need to contact the court and have it recalled - due to there not being proper service. How did you retax if you hadn;t got the reminder...?

Most of the complaints of a missing disk are becasue they go to the RK's address on file, and this isn;t disclosed to the applicant. Start with the court and wind back from there.