TEACH57 Vs BARCLAYS

Teach57
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone! I sent my letter to ask for the bank charges back almost 14 days ago now and havent heard anything back from them - is this normal? Just most posts Ive read say that Barclays have told them to get lost (or words to that effect), or have had offers with sums of money...is this unusual?

Thanks Teach57

Right Teach57,

Your first letter has produced no reaction - get straight in with the Letter Before Action(LBA). There's a template on the site for it, just adapt it to suit yourself. Don't forget to attach another copy of your breakdown of charges(without the interest ,as before)- and send Recorded Delivery

This gives them another 14 Days to react, but it's not likely that they will.

Then it'll be time to start MCOL (Money Claims Online) but let's not jump the gun - first the LBA - ASAP!

Cheers

John:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Send off my letter asking for money back and received the message most people have received back...we are looking into the matter, we aim to find a solution within four weeks, a full report and update will be sent on the progress in EIGHT weeks!

To me this is obviously a stalling technique as all they are really saying is that they'll update in eight weeks although they will TRY to respond with a solution within a month!

I am going to put in my LBA regardless of the letter I received but if this did go to court would it could it work against me (baring in mind Barclays have tried to negotiate a timescale, which although unreasonable, is still a step of negotiation. If I send the LBA today stating two weeks Im only giving them a quarter of the time they claim that they need to respond and develop a solution to the claim. A judge may then see ME as being unreasonable (and this is only IF it goes to court!)

Any response would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Don't take any notice of that, Teach 57.

You dictate the time-scale, carry on with your LBA, giving them 14days, no longer , to reply. If you like you can open with 'Thank you for your letter dated xxxx' - just to let them know you got it, but are not biting!

This is a game of chicken they are playing, ignore it and keep to your timetable.

Best of Luck

John

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Don't take any notice of that, Teach 57.

You dictate the time-scale, carry on with your LBA, giving them 14days, no longer , to reply. If you like you can open with 'Thank you for your letter dated xxxx' - just to let them know you got it, but are not biting!

This is a game of chicken they are playing, ignore it and keep to your timetable.

Best of Luck

John

Thanks John:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Just a quick question. I sent off to Barclays asking for my money back a month ago now. A reply came back JUST within the two weeks that are allocated, they replied, as mentioned in my posts above... that they would get back to me in weeks etc. I was going to take the advice given and stick to the fourteen days allocated by sending off the LBA letter but I havent got round to it yet. In fact it wo9uld have been two weeks today and I would be filing action against them today!

When I send the letter tonight do I give them a further two weeks or say that they have had a further two weeks and go straight for MCOL?

Advice would be appreciated

Teach 57

Your next step is your LBA, sorry got to stick to the procedure,

this tells them that youre not happy with their response and if they dont comply.....see ya in court.

yep another 14 days is the norm.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi again Teach57

Just to reiterate that from here on it's important for you to keep to the deadlines - if you let them slip after MCOL you could lose out big-time.

You sound like a busy person, but stick with it, it'll be worth it - I should have mine in full within the next 3 or 4 days.

All the best

John

Nemo me impune lacessit