It's Bailiff Time

Beaker_smiles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

think it would be best to pm bankfodder on this

MY CASE

Newbody Vs Abbey

NB: Please read the FAQs & step-by-step instructions thoroughly & completely before commencing any action

the following is a link to a web archive of abbey websites over the time click on month under year to access Abbey's site for that time period to get what the terms and conditions were for when you opened your account Internet Archive Wayback Machine hope it helps or here for where i have started to pull them out to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/91707-archives-abbeys-web-pages.html

Advice & opinions given by me are my views or how i would respond, and are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group & are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions & actions are your own - if in any doubt, seek the opinion of a qualified professional

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey!!! GO FOR IT :D

To answer the set aside........ no they can't and they'd have a hell of a job doing so!

Contact the press after arranging the Baliffs, liaise with them when they're going and arrange for press coverage at the same time. Wht a day out you'll have ;)

WELL DONE!! ;)

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Beaker, I would love to be there just to see the smug look disapear off Shabbys faces when a baliff turns up to execute a warrant oh joy oh joy of joys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD ON YOU !!!!!!!!!!

Whats mine is mine and whats Abbeys is mine :lol:

wow well done!!!

Wish I could be there to see it all happening!!!:D

If my advice has helped please click my scales

Should you require any further help feel free to pm me.

Nat West 2nd Acc

Prelim letter sent 8th Feb '07

:) Full Settlement Offer 24th Feb '07:)

:pMONEY BACK IN ACC ON MARCH THE FIRST '07:p

Nat West 1st Acc

Filed at court 2nd of Feb '07

Acknowledged on 15th of Feb '07

:rolleyes: Defence submitted 1st March 2007 :rolleyes:

OK, I have taken Abbey to court. They didn't submit a defence, and the day before my court case was due to be heard a settlement cheque turns up. Unfortunately, the cheque was for £2500 less than I had claimed, so I still went to court and explained that they had sent me a settlement letter but it wasn't for enough and I got judgment.

The deadline for Abbey to pay the remainder was today, and nothing has turned up, even though I spoke to them on Thursday and queried if they intended to pay because "I would hate to get the Bailiffs in on a missunderstanding".

Does anybody have any idea how much it would cost to get the Bailiffs in. I looked through the court charges and it seems to imply £55 for the warrant and £95 to serve it. Does that seem right, or have I misread it.

Also, can Abbey still apply for set aside, even though the case was three weeks ago and they were due to settle today?

Beaker,

What Area do you live in?

It would be good if a number of CAG members who are currently taking action against the Abbey were there when the Bailiffs go in, with the Press watching.

:)

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Ok, you have Judgment against them. You now need to enforce this judgment by issuing a Warrant of Execution.

Be aware however, that even at this stage, Abbey can apply to have the warrant stayed and the judgment set aside.

There are different types of Bailiff, a County Court Bailiff executes Warrants of Execution for County Court Judgements and are generally for debts under £5000. If the debt is over £5000 then you must issue a High Court Warrant or a writ of Fieri Facias, which are the High Court equivalent of a County Court Warrant of Execution. This will be collected by a High Court Enforcement officer of Sheriff’s Officer.

However, as your claim is over £600 if you wish you may have this collected by the High Court Enforcement Officer.

The High Court Enforcement Officer can force entry into commercial properties, including shops (and banks!) in order to execute the writ and they are paid on results, so if may be wise to appoint these people if you can, although High Court procedure is different from county courts and can be complicated and more expensive.

Let me know what you would like to do and I can advise further.

• Haha 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Your amounts look correct and are claimable against the debtor anyway. Go for it, and let us know where and when. It will be the only time I will turn up to cheer on the bailiffs.

Regards bish.

PS don't forget to let the press know.

Abbey : £8070.41*PAID IN FULL*14/02/07:D

Capital one : LBA sent 17/09/06 £1,087.22

Marbles : LBA sent 17/09/06 £720.00 ; £720 offer accepted:D

OK. I have applied for a warrant of execution this lunchtime. If anybody is interested I live in Milton Keynes.

I have posted the warrant against the branch in the main shopping centre at Midsummer Place (although I was highly tempted to go for the head office down the road at 201 Grafton Gate, but it's all PC's, and no money).

To be honest though, I think by calling and trying to get them to pay up, they may try for set aside. But if the bailiffs do go in you'll all be welcome.

If money is the route of all evil, I must be a Saint

OK. I have applied for a warrant of execution this lunchtime. If anybody is interested I live in Milton Keynes.

I have posted the warrant against the branch in the main shopping centre at Midsummer Place (although I was highly tempted to go for the head office down the road at 201 Grafton Gate, but it's all PC's, and no money).

To be honest though, I think by calling and trying to get them to pay up, they may try for set aside. But if the bailiffs do go in you'll all be welcome.

Beaker,

I`m an hour from you, but my parents live in MK so it would be a good excuse to try a bit of mums home cooking:D

Let us know if/when you get a date/time

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

me too, I am but an hour away and it would certainly give me something to smile at I would wear my CAG tee shirt too (whats left of it after the dryer mangled it anyway :-))

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

If anybody is interested, I do believe I will be on Watchdog on Tuesday 20th Feb talking about bank charges (assuming the 4 hours of filming doesn't get cut down to a 5 second montage of me walking away from the bank). I did get a couple of good plugs in for the CAG, lets just hope they don't get cut.

Well done!!!

I've got it set to record on Skyplus!

Any news on the bailiffs?

;) nn

FAQs: click here: http://READ THESE

Any views or opinions expressed are in good faith, to the best of my ability. I don't like to admit it, but I have been known to be wrong. Check other threads and if in doubt, seek professional advice.

Abbey: SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

BoS M/card SETTLED 27/09:lol:

Aqua CC (Halifax) SETTLED 28/06 :lol:

GMAC Request for refund 14/6; Prelim 31/7; LBA 11/9

First National Mortgage Data Protection Act sent 14/6 Statements 26/7

Cap 1 - SETTLED IN FULL:lol:

Abbey x 2: 50% offer refused AQ filed

Great stuff, will be watching. MK a bit far for me, but if you want me there I will come just ask.

Regards bish.

MK like a another planet to me......... will certainly be watching Watchdog on Tuesday...... and congrats of the highest order lol ;)

They don't like it up'em eh?

srfrench :eek:

Fight incompetance, stupidity, greed and unfairness......There's no excuse and no place for it in society, unless they really are! :wink:

Hi Beaker,

I am glad for you but gutted that you don't get to send in the bailiffs, would have loved that:D . Well done and enjoy.

Regards bish.

Hi Beaker

Congratulations and well done. I have the judgement so waiting for Shabbey to pay up not that I'm holding my breath.

I know this might sound a bit naive but where do you apply for the Warrent of Execution. When the judge passed judgement in my favour he told me to seek advice. Reading the threads though I don't think that is necessary. Also I was told that because it's over £650 or £600 ( can't remember which ) I can get a hight court judgement.

Any way anyhelp would be appreciated.

Cheers

Andtroy

N1 forms delivered to court for Barclays

50% rejection letter sent to DLA

( Abbey )

Excellent that they have eventually paid up.

Can you tell me who to contact now to send in the baliffs!!!

Abbey had until friday 16th feb to pay judgement but haven`t, Not sure if I have to contact court or arrange ballifss another way

Thanks

Sufos

sufos

court date 2/2/07 won awaiting payment

Abbey - court claim filed 29/8

ackonwledged by abbey 7/9

Capital one- £140 - setteled full amount over phone!!!!!! no ltrs sent.

:D :D :D

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks