Eggie V Halifax CC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will wait till ive got my statements, i like the idea of contractual interest.. ive had a good look around and i dont quite understand it, i understand the standard 8% which seems easier, if not less.. When i get my statements and work it all out, we shall see... I may need an A to Z idiots guide to help me out with the contractual stuff...

Whats the average waiting time for acknowledgment and actually recieving statements from Halifax Credit Cards? Anyone got a rought idea?

When i did my bank account i had my statements within 3 weeks. Just wondered if credit cards worked out about the same even though admin is from a different area.

all contractual interest is the interest the bank charges you for the serivce they provide(i.e. within the contract), be it an overdraft, credit card usage or whatever. They generally have an authorised rate, and an unauthorised rate (when your "over" your overdraft limit). You just find out these rates, and use either one(depending on hoe "cheeky" your feeling) instead of the 8% allowed by the courts. It really increases your claim, so worth looknig into. and you can awalays claim 8% in the alternative at the judges discretion! can't lose really.

Bored and impatient so just thought id add to my thread LMAO... ben looking through details about contractual and just tried to download the Vamp Excell form but kept saying 404 url error.. ven though the contractual seems difficult to understand im sure i will manage..

Contractual can seem a bit daunting at first. Vampiress's spreadsheets are down for some work at the moment. It might be an idea to just go for statutory for one of the accounts first just to get comfortable with the whole process. After all your claims start the month you sent your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) so there is nothing lost by waiting to process the other 2. Happy reading and good luck. Sally

eggopp, have had trouble with spreadys too, wanted no. 13 to do hubbys spreadsheet but Tanz has e-mailed me (I think no. 16) so will get started on that this evening, bit more complicated but I will keep at it.

Rang Halifax Credit cards today to chase up my Statements as its been 4 weeks and nothing heard not even an acknowledgment... Was met with a very rude man who was abusive.. and when i asked to speak to his supervisor was put on hold for seveal minutes before being told the 'supervisor' refused to speak to me...

Guess their getting ticked off with us demanding our money back LMAO.. anyway he was so rude he wouldnt even tell me his name. :eek: still just under 2 weeks to go then i will report them if ive not recieved anything..

Especially as they cashed my cheque on the 7th Feb!!

This friday is the last of their 40 days... still no statements, they wont acknowledge me the phone coz i cant remember my old passwords and they are very rude... ahh its gonna be a pleasure to send in my prelim ect

just to let you know, halifax sent half my statements requested and then i allowed them 14 more days after the 40 days were up as a "goodwill gesture" and then i sent them a letter threatening reporting and stating my treatment. Recieved them a few days later with an apology.:D Ive now been settled £685 in full.

Ive just written a reminder of there obligations.. hehe take a look

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

The Manager

Halifax Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

Dear Sir/Madam

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 27th January I sent you a letter dated 24 January 2007 in relation to a subject access request under the Data Protection Act 1998.

On 29 January this letter was received by your department and was signed for as it was sent recorded delivery, a copy of that receipt provided by Royal Mail is enclosed. On 7th February 2007 our cheque for £10 covering the cost of the subject access request was cashed.

As the 40 days is quickly coming to its close, I feel it is appropriate to remind you of your responsibility and that; should I fail to receive full documentation as requested in my original letter (Enclosed) I will be left with no alternative but to take further action and report you to the appropriate authority; in addition to applying to the court to obtain information should it be required.

In addition to this, I have made several phone calls to your office and have been met by very rude and unprofessional members of staff who have been most uncooperative which; further strengthens my desire to obtain the appropriate information.

The close date of the 40 days permitted for subject access request is this Friday 9th March. I trust that this is in fact in hand and that I will receive my information in a timely manner. I am of course expecting all of the information requested. In addition, in relation to manual interventions, I am fully aware that there has been manual interventions during the application process for the above accounts. This is inclusive of telephone conversation between under writers and my local branch in Swindon via Mr Tony Hawnt and his colleague who shared his job role. Further more I have had conversations at that time with your under writers in respect of these accounts.

As your recorded messages indicate when making telephone contact, all telephone calls are recorded for the purpose of training and security I would like copies of all my telephone conversation transcripts as part of the manual interventions.

I trust you will be fully cooperative in this matter and I look forward to receiving our statements on Friday.

Yours Sincerely

Eggie

Have fun...!:D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just need to complete three seperate spead sheets for each account now, very disappointed though each account only had £175 of charges on, oddly enough tho.. all the same amounts.. freaky thought there would have been a lot more..

• 2 weeks later...