Me V Lloydstsb

Mr Ged
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am just about to start out claiming back my charges and am sending my first letter on Monday. I have worked out that they have charged me just over £2500 in fees over a five year period. I would value any hints or advice in this respect.

Cheers

GED:)

I suggest you post a thread in the Lloyds-TSB Bank section.

It will probably help if you include a personal identifier in the thread title. That way, anyone who has an idea that helps you will be able to find your thread.

You may wish to read (or at least skim, it's 60 pages!) the "Mindzai and Lucid" thread there. Their claim was treated with total disdain by Lloyds, and they received various intimidatory and threatening letters which they have posted, together with Mindzai's scathing replies.

Lloyds caved in the evening before the court hearing, paying a total of about £3400. (So the thread is now in the "won" section.) The claim was started in August, and the bank paid up in February.

There are some indications that Lloyds has learned its lesson, possibly from the mighty Mindzai and Lucid, who were amongst the first to claim interest at 29.85%. Lloyds do seem to be settling some cases quicker now - it saves them quite a bit of money to do so.

Tim

Started taking Lloyds to court in early January using MCOL. They put in a defence and then I sent in Allocation Questionaire on the last date it was due. Three days later, claimed money, £400, credited to my account plus £50 MCOL fee. Three days after that, court hearing date received with letter from SCM saying Lloyds were settling. All in all it took just over a month to get MY money back.

I couldn't have done this without the help of CAG - HUGE Thankyou. It wasn't as easy as I thought and needed a bit of work doing for it - mostly scouring CAG web site. But it worked.

Comments - It could be organised a bit better and logically but it's worth spending time looking through the stuff so you know what to do and when.

Hi Tim,

How do I post a thread in the Lloyds-TSB Bank section.

and how do I include a personal identifier in the thread title.

Cheers

GED

Go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/

and click on "New Thread" near the bottom of the screen. This will pop up a form for you to start your thread; and in the title, put "Mr Ged v Lloyds TSB".

Tim