Natwest will not comply with SAR

souljahslim
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi every1, I have written 2 letters to natwest stating that I want a SAR, i have also included a postal oredr. They responded to the 1st letter stating taht they need the correct acct number etc. I supplied this so was a lil confused when they wrote back requesting this.

My second letter again requested a SAR with a postal order, thia time i sent a copy of the deed of assignment that I was sent by the DCA , This was on natwest letter headed paper and contained the account number. So as far as I was cocerned they had all the information and they would have no choice but to comply with the SAR.

This morning I got a letter saying exactly the same thing that they could not locate the account.

I have no idea what to do now as I have given them the account number that was on the deed of assigment. This was sent to be by a company called trimpuh. The was defaulted more than six years ago and i paid triump about a year ago now. All i wanted to do was claim the unlawful charges back,

Can any 1 please help and tell me what to do as natwest dont appear to recognise the acct num and sort code

thanks

Hi, souljahslim.

I would advise that you go into your branch and make sure that they are aware of who you are and get them to verify your details. When you have done so send a letter to them saying things were verified and continue with your claim.then start a thread in your bank forum, so if we need to find out how you are progressing we can.http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/

You need to serve the SAR in a format in which they can deal with it and you, they have a right to make sure you are who you say you are. THe DPA says this.

So when you write back to them, make sure that the account number of your account is in there, the address you used when you operated the account and a recent utility bill or simlar.

ALso if you are certain that you have given them sufficient details to identify you and the relveant acoutn as i outlined then remined them that you served them with a valid SAR on such and such date and that they now have xx days to comply.

read this thread too http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/natwest-bank/53877-natwest-data-protection-act.html

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi thanks for the replies guy, the only acct number that I have is the one that is on the deed of assignment> i attched this to both letters and also included it clearly in my letter.

Natwest are saying that this is not a valid acct number. I am confuesed as it is actually on the deed of assignemnt so i know that it is valid.

I am going to write another letter to them, what should I say.

Should i mention that i will write to the information commisioner or that I will write to the financial ombudsman as they have the acct number as its on the doxument that they supplied me and they are failing to comply

Can't you recall if it's simular? Is the number that is specified by the DCA theirs as it is different from your bank account.

Also you MUST request statements AND a list of charges added to your account between when it started until the present or when you ceased using it

Jon

Can i take issue with you on that last statement.

If natwest hold data on the subject then if they are served with a valid SAr and the fee then they have to provide it I believe.

I am wondering if the account number on the deed of assignment is not in fact the bank account number?

Is the OP sure its the right number for their account and not something to do with th debtor?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Glenn of course they do but here they are ignoring their legal responsibilities. The only sanction is reporting them to the ICO or issuing civil proceedings...........A CCA on the otherhand involves criminal sanctions for none compliance........& is more likely to get a result

Jon

Sorry i misread your post i thought you said they didnt have to respond and you actually said they dont think they have to comply.

Sorry, well it was late (ish).

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

I am prety sure from when I used to work in this industry that the number on the deed of assignment will not be the same as the account number. Or I may be wrong! can be 100%

They don't even need the accout number. As long as you provide them with other information ie, name address that you had registered with them when you had the account they can find your details and send you your statements. Remember the data protection act covers the person rather than the account.

Sounds like they are trying to be awkward, is the 40 days up? If so report them to the information comissioner and let them know that you have done this to.

shastie is correct they have devices that allow them to find your records even based on only the smallest of details.....tyey are called computers............tell 'em you had a spot on your nose & they will be able to find you........they are just making excuses & trying to delay matters.........They need to ID you they would soon manage it

I would merely add the branch where the account was opened. There is not really a specific search if it goes back as far as I think to find the account number. If it was opened in 2002 can you please post a yes, because I can find a needle in a haystack on NatWest accounts, 100%

a stickie is something that trees are made of!!

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

a stickie, is a thread at the top of a forum try natwest forum, and thread by yours truly, how to get an account number when the account is closed, works a treat.