Bt Late Payment Charge Fight

denver
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had to delay filing the court papers for another 3 weeks (too much expense this month). However I had a letter yesterday dated 21st April thanking me for my letter of 21st April (WHAT LETTER???) and telling me somebody was dealing with it (WITH WHAT???). I called the number on the letter and spoke to someone who was clearly not up to the job. I was passed around, told I would get a call back in an hour (I didn't), called again and finally spoke to someone who was completely confused. She thinks that the letter was a response to one of my original letters weeks ago. She said "all correspondance goes to India to be scanned hence the delay". I said that I had already had responses weeks ago. She said "I don't know then".

What a load of utter b*****s

She then put me on hold while she spoke to the woman who sent the last letter saying the matter is now closed. When she came back she said "no, she won't refund the payments". I KNOW THAT. THAT'S WHY I'M TAKING THEM TO COURT.

Jeeeeez....

Frustration? take a G & T Denver! :D

I thought talking to Abbey in India was bad - I telephoned Norton (Symantic) from Ireland last week only to be put onto someone in India - took longer to spell the Irish names than the call was worth. Anyway, what the hell are they (BT) doing sending mail out to India to be scanned? - This is ridiculous - can't they do anything here anymore in the UK?

jeeeez is the word!

• 5 months later...

When BT want money from the customer they waste no time do they? But if the customer is overcharged by BT and the customer wants their money back?

Oh joy. I changed to another 'provider'. Won't say who but charged me a month in advance. I got a note from BT 'come back to us and get free evening and weekend calls for a year.' So I did and one month later I got a whacking great bill for allegedly stopping the deal and I was still with BT!

I tried to telephone BT only to end up listenen to a voice informing me 'that all our operators are very busy, blah, blah etc.'

Don't bother to write to Jillian G Lewis BT Customer Services Director. I wonder what she does all day? She does not reply.

It seems the only way to sort a problem is to get passed from pillar to post for hours on end (if you have got the time) with a phone pressed to one ear until some one answers.

Could we perhaps have the local BT offices back? 'Twas easier to pay the bills and sort out problems.

I am currently skirmishing with BT. I pay by quarterly direct debit, and also use the 'paperless' billing system.

In April I changed banks, and ensured that a new d/d was set up for BT; I know I did this because a quarterly bill was paid by it. The next bill was due at the end of September, and for some reason I received a paper bill. Checked online, and noted that the bill was showing as unpaid. I called BT, who told me that there was no d/d showing on the account. They agreed that there had been one, but were unable to account for its disappearance. So, I checked with my bank who told me that BT had not applied for a payment; we cancelled the d/d and set up a new one, informing BT that this was done. On Friday I had a 'we are charging you £7.50 for late payment' letter, together with a demand for payment. This morning my broadband stopped working.

I phoned BT who told me that the d/d was set up correctly, but that for reasons they were not able to identify, the payment had not been taken; their system shows that it will be taken later this week. They agreed to refund the late payment charge, but warned me to watch out for it turning up on the next bill anyway!

They say my broadband has not been restricted, so it must be a technical fault, but the clowns in India say it must be a billing issue - probably because all the correct lights are showing on the Hub and the only tech support they offer is 'switch it off and on again'.

I have to say I agree with Disgruntled's final paragraph - our BT office in NI is local, and they are actually quite pleasant and helpful to deal with. The local broadband guys are fantastic - it's just that you have to suffer the India charade before you can get referred to them.