• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Woolwich £3 per day charges

flopper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

i had an basic current account with the woolwich, i used it for a few months and then openened another account with another bank. I had a couple of pence left in the account and it was left unused for several months. Somehow a direct debit tried to come out of my account, (they were cancelled but not with the bank) and as i had moved house i didnt know. Basically they charged me for an unpaid dd, then began to levey a charge of £3 per day on my account as it was overdrawn. By the time i got to know about this it stood at around £200. I called them and was told that there was nothing that they could do, i went to the branch and all they could do was cancel the dd and close my account.

I continued to call woolwich head office and i was told time and time again that there was nothing they could do, not even stop the charges and arrange a plan for payment. I was told to wait till it went to debt collection???

Well i am now paying this off via wescot collection (total amount was around £400! doun to around £150 now), from reading your faq's i realise that i was wrongly charged, also someone has told me that you cannot be taken to a debt collection agency if the debt is due to charges, is this true?

I no longer have any details left from this account i.e. acc no's etc i only have a wescot account no.

What would you advise i do to start the process of claiming this back

Thanks

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Welcome Flopper: I too had similar charges from Woolie. £3.00 per day by 31 day = £93.00 pm for too long! See my thread (Brooksdad v Woolwich) which might give you some info and procedure. Read FAQs and reread for great info and read others experience on Woolwich threads.

Wish you well on your claim. Chin up - think of the end result. You must follow the correct procedure. Send SAR to request a list of ALL charges over last six years to start the ball rolling.

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

Thanks hughes,

Im goin to go to my branch tomorro and see if they can give me my closed account details, then im going to get the ball rolling with the woolwich and the dca. I will keep you updated.

Thanks

Current Progress

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Suggest you send SAR rather than visit branch. They then have 40 days to info you all 'illegal' charges on your account. This is the initial action I took to start the ball rolling. Hope this encourages you. Chin up!! :wink:

NEW CLAIMANTS PLEASE FIRST READ FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND FORUM RULES

Link:

FAQ

ANY ADVICE OFFERED IS A PERSONAL OPINION AND IS GIVEN AS SUCH

Hi there,

i need to visit the branch in order to get my acc number to put on the S.A.R. If it does not include my acc number i would say they will delay it as much as possible. First thing tomorrow il go to branch and get acc number then send SAR. Thanks for the help

Current Progress

Visited the branch today, was asked why i wanted my old acc number, i told them as i wished to make a complaint and needed my acc number. Gave them all my details, they could not find it, i was asked various questions and i realised that they knew what i was up to and that they were tring to make it difficult. After telling them that they should have my details due to auditing needs and the data protection act the lady found it. Was told that my account had been written off, i told them that it had been directed to a debt collection agency. Could anyone give me any advice on what to do with the debt collection agency, i.e. what they need to be sent or told.

S.A.R. sent today, 21st march is the deadline.

Thanks

Current Progress

• 2 weeks later...

Recieved conformation that they are dealing with my complaint and will respond by the 15/3, along with a letter from barclays telling me that my schedule of charges is in preparation.

Just have to wait for the list of charges to come and then i can get busy.

Current Progress

• 1 month later...

Ok,

Forgot to post that i got my statements and i sent a prelim, their 2 weeks is up on Thursday (29/3) so if there is no reply by friday i shall give them a ring and if there's no joy with that i will send the LBA.

Will keep you posted

Flopper

Current Progress

Good luck :-)

The proceedure is so "step by step" you will know there next moves n=by having a read through the forum.

Regarding the DCA, you could if you wished tell them that the account is now in dispute and that you will not be making any more payments until it is resolved. They can not force you to make payments while the account is in dispute, infact they shouldn't hassle you at all over it (though that doesn't mean that they won't!).

Good luck!

24 hours in a day... 24 in a case... co-incidence???

Thanks,

i already have told the dca that the account is in dispute and surprisingly they were fine with it, i just have to keep them informed on my progress.

Flopper

Current Progress

Hi all,

No word from the Woolwich, so LBA off on monday, also i have had 2 calls this week from the DCA. The first one was ok when i explained the account was in dispute but the second lady was trying to do the hard approach saying i had to pay and thats that. It was very funny especially when i said that i would pay if i seen the original credit agreement, then i told her it would be difficult as there never was a credit agreement and that if they would wait a few weeks this would all be sorted out. She then hung up LOL.

Flopper

Current Progress

• 2 weeks later...

Ok,

Still no word from the woolwich not even a response to say that they got my prelim letter. Surprising as they were very quick with my SAR. I have been snowed under with work and have not yet sent LBA. I will be sending the LBA tomorrow (if the PO is open).

Will keep you posted

Flopper

Current Progress

LBA sent 11/4/07 they have till around 26/4 to respond, im gonna give them a call today and see what is happening (if anything)

Flopper

Current Progress

Forgot to post the outcome of the call,

Well phoned Woolwich and they passed me onto Barclays. Phoned Barclays and they have no record of my claim, so the nice bloke told me he would put the wheels in motion. I told him they only had till 26/4 before i took court action and he could only say they will look into it asap and he would put URGENT onto the 'complaint'. I think they are ignoring me and trying to stall.

Flopper

Current Progress

Hi Flopper,

I had this problem, they kept on saying they had no record of me, and i never received any letters from them.

However they have just acknowledged my court claim against them, so they now know i exist.

Just stick to your time lines, and you will be fine. If you have not heard from them on the 26/4 then start court action.

Good luck, youll be fine

Caz;)

Hi all

got a letter from barclays today, it goes something like; we are sorry you feel that your charges incurred are unfair, but we disagree. Blah blah terms and conditions you agreed to when you opened the account etc etc. Then at he bottom of the letter it goes onto say; Despite my comments above, without any admissions of liability i am willing to offer you the full amount you are seeking.

I just have to send off the acceptance letter. I WON!!

Not for much but its my 1st claim and will fund some court action towards other banks.

I will not put this in the succesfull claims till i get the money.

Thanks everyone who helped

Flopper

Current Progress

Hi Caz,

only £380, take away what i havn't paid DCA it works out around £250, probably settled quick as the amount was small. Its not much but it was this account that got me on the road to reclaiming unfair charges. It will come at a good time as i will be taking the halifax to court (1 week till Lba runs out) and i didn't think i would have the money to do it for a while.

Will post when cheque arrives,

Flopper

Current Progress

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Cheque recieved and in the bank today.

I won yippie

Flopper

Current Progress

Well done Flopper that is excellent news. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]If you think my post was helpful, please feel free to click my scales

A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.

:D

Thanks,

Money will be used to fund court action against the halifax for a much larger sum.

Flopper

Current Progress