Any Help or Advice Needed!

nikkido
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is my first post but I am really really worried and need some advice.

An "Interlink Express" has just pulled up outside my door, thinking it was a parcel I was ready to open the door when it was knocked.

There was no knock just a package shoved through the letter box. On opening the package I have found a Statutory Demand form (6.1) from 1st Credit (finance) Limited. Although any communication states I need to contact Connaught Collections UK Ltd.

The original debt was owed to Barclaycard and a few months back I posted them my statement of affairs, my income and expenditure, stating I am on benefits and offering just over 3 pounds per month. I have heard nothing back until today when this Statutory Demand has arrived.

I cannot possibly pay the full amount they claim I owe (4410.88) or make any offer anywhere near that sum. They have stated they intend to take me to court and make me bankrupt, I am so worried right now. Shall I ring Connaught Collections and tell them I cannot pay anywhere near what they are expecting and resign myself to being made bankrupt?

Oh by the way, I have rang my local CAB who can fit me in an appointment for 2 weeks time!! This Statutory Demand states I must take action within 18 days!!

Anyone with any advice for me I would be very grateful.

Thank-you in advance.

Hi Nikkido. First things first, do not ring Connaught under any circumstances. You are more likely to agree to something you will regret at a later date. Resend your income and expenditure to connaughts with offer of payment. State, you have already done this to Barclaycard but had no response. Stand firm and do not get pressured into paying more than you can afford. Look at the Stat demand again. Has it been stamped. It is not worth the paper it is written on if it hasn't. If it hasn't you also have the option of complaining against thier intimidation.

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Thanks for replying. I can't see it stamped anywhere (where would this be?)

I will reply back to Connaught but should I do anything else in the meantime? I am getting more and more confused reading the demand, it says I should apply to the court should i wish to have the demand set aside, what does this mean? And I am also so worried about the 18 days, It doesn't leave me much time.

Hi Nikkido,

Follow this link. It was someone who had the same problem with the same people. Hope this helps.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56412-stautory-demands-update-more.html?highlight=statutory+demand

Please Click The Scales if I have been of help to you.

Kensington Mortgages withdrawn. no costs

NatWest Settled in full

Abbey Court Settled in Full

Capital 1 settled in full

Halifax settled in full :D

Thanks for that! Very very interesting!

I am unsure what to do now. I dont dispute the debt although I can't be sure of the exact amount I owe, I only have their word for that.

I will write back to Connaught's stating my intention to pay 3 pounds per month. In the meantime whilst i'm waiting on the replies will I have to do anything about court?