Mama Bear Vs Barclays

Mama Bear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no, and i suppose it could be argued that we are giving them even more time to settle by delaying court action....

08/02/07-Prelim letter & SOC sent to Barclays

22/02/07-LBA & updated SOC sent to Barclays

23/02/07-Prelim letter and SOC sent to RBS

05/03/07-Offer letter recd from RBS - full settlement, no conditions. Accepted

08/03/07-Paid in full from RBS:D

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

18/05/07- recfd offer from RBS for full amount claimed, accepted!

25/0507-recd offer from barclays for full amount!!!! yippee!!! acceptance sent

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

flippin 'eck, i hadnt thought of that! plus im claiming CI, so i wonder how much that affects it by...

12/03/07-Offer from Barclays - less than 1/3 of the full amount, rejection letter sent with updated SOC:mad:

26/03/07-Claim #2 against RBS...Prelim letter and SOC sent (same account, more charges since settling last claim!)

26/0507-recd letter from barclays saying that they have closed my account???? help!?

• 1 month later...

ok...heres an update for those who are interested.....

nothing has happened

lol

except, they have sent me loads of nasty letters regarding my overdraft, threatening to close my account unless i pay them the £767 it would nee to bring the balance back to zero.

now two things spring to mind... one - they cant do that, its retaliatory...

and two - i have told the people that keep ringing me about it repeatedly that as soon as they settle my claim and pay me what they owe me, i will pay off my overdraft. so its in both parties interests for them to pay me what they owe me.

however, i get no response from the claims dept, and i keep getting nasty letters about my overdraft - even though ive cut my card up and shredded my chequebook - i havent had a single transaction through the account since january!

is there anything i can do or should i just file with MCOL on payday??

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, just thought id let you know that I have received an offer from barclays for the full amount claimed! (just the charges not the interest too) which i have accepted.

however, the day after i post the acceptance, i get a letter from them stating that due to the overdrawn position on my account,. they have cancelled my 'facilities' and closed my account!!!!

what do I do???

can anybody help!?!?

Confront them about it.

Tell them you wish to put in a formal complaint as you feel it is an act of retaliation.

Tell them you expect your account to be reinstated IN FULL by the end of the working day.

DO NOT TAKE THEIR EXCUSES!!!!!!

write down their name, time you spoke to them and exactly what they tell you, make them repeat themselves several times while you are writing it down, this will unnerve them.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

have just had a phone call from barclays...spooky

explained the situation, and they are absolutley fine! have agreed an extra overdraft limit so that this doesnt affect my credit rating, for two weeks, to cover the settlement payment being paid in, and then they will reinstate my card and everything, so that im back on track! and i just checked that there is no repercussions on my credit file, and he assured me that absolutely no action has been taken with regard to my credit file!!!! wahey!!

i know, its great!

now that ive 'proved' that i am right to mum, who up until about six months ago thought that it was my fault (until they started charging her that is!) she wants me to help her with reclaiming her charges too!!! its only about £500, but every penny counts!

lol so i guess i'll be doing yet another claim against barclays this time on behalf of mum! lol getting good at this now!

i know, its great!

now that ive 'proved' that i am right to mum, who up until about six months ago thought that it was my fault (until they started charging her that is!) she wants me to help her with reclaiming her charges too!!! its only about £500, but every penny counts!

lol so i guess i'll be doing yet another claim against barclays this time on behalf of mum! lol getting good at this now!

Well done.