No halifax cash card for 2 weeks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6302 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, some advice here hopefully.

We had some fraudulent activity on our joint account two weeks ago, and subsequently our cards (Visa Electron) were cancelled. I have recieved my new card within 3 days, but my wife has not recieved hers yet.

She phoned up last week to find out where her card was, to be told it has been sent, but to our old address that we have not lived in for 2 years!

They then stated that a new one will be sent to our home address. She has phoned up again today, to be told that her card was not ordered, as they have forgot (I dont know if thats the exact words or not) to order it.

My wife has now been 2 weeks without a cashcard to get money out, and as it is difficult enough to get money out of your account over the counter (Halifax Cardcash account) she has had to borrow my card on several occasions.

We want to send a letter of complaint and some form of monetary compensation. They are quick to charge us, the consumer on our mistakes but what about theirs?

Look forward to any advice and ideas.

Best regards

It's a nice idea, but I don't see it working in practice. As the replacement problem has been caused by them, there's nothing to stop yoiu asking for compensation, however as the DEbit Card is actually free to issue - not having one for a week or two will mean minimal compensation. They may make an ex gracia offer if pushed, but I think your be ultimately unsuccessful if you tried to force the issue.

Hello again, just an update of the situation.

My wife recieved her card on Saturday, and she sent aletter on Friday before (9th Feb) asking for £100 in compensation for having no card, card being sent to wrong address and for saying that they sent a card when they had not.

Well you won't believe this, but they have credited our account today with £100 in compensation. Fantastic news for us (as we are skint!)

I will post the letter on her as soon as she emails me it.

This is probably a one off, but I think she done really well.

Best regards :)

They seem to be making money out of us, I think I should continued to work in Central london and worked for one of the banks, and ditched my Railway career!

Any suggestions on how to get out of a railway career would be most welcome! :rolleyes:

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

I went and worked for BA at Gatwick, I just handed in my notice;) .

Unfortunatly, I have come back to the Railway for my sins (only real career I knew that paid well for no 'academic' skills)

Best regards