• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

UKPC parking invoice - tesco Faraday retail park,Coatbank Street, Coatbridge. ML5 3SQ scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi every one, ive read with great interest the info of ukpc, ive also seen that there seems to be no telephone numbers to contact ukpc. i work as a postie at merry hill in dudley. we have many times been ticketed by the ****, every time the the tickets are squashed. you can contact appeals officer if you wish on 01383487961, her name is Barbara lloyd.

email barbara.lloyd@westfield-uk.com they have now been told not to ticket us again.

ive had many arguments with the ticketing officers/**** who just say they r doing thier job. ive also had great pleasure of informing the innocent drivers who have been ticketed to read the advice given on this page and many others like it before they pay.

hope the telephone number email ad is helpful to any one who needs them.

Hello

I'm new to this Forum and came here after I googled UKPC. I was on the point of paying their charge for a parking "discrepancy", when it was suggested I look them up. The first hit brought me here. This was about three months ago, and I have since read the interesting correspondence and advice. Thank you all!

I won't go into details, it's the same old story for me as repeated in the previous 62 pages here. I decided not to pay, and followed the advice to ignore them completely. I am now receiving letters threatening CC action from Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. The latest, today, was most interesting. They say that they are prepared to reduce the amount they're demanding, from £246.75 to £ 113.40, if paid within seven days.

I find this hilarious. Debt collectors now have a sale on - up to 50% off!!!

I have replied to no letters from UKPC or their partners DRPL, nor will do so.

If they do issue a CC summons (which I doubt) I would welcome the prospect of going to court to contest the whole issue. Quite looking forward to it, in fact. But I think - from comments here - that this is unlikely to happen. I will, of course, keep you posted at every step.

One issue I would like to have clarified - and apologise if it's already been dealt with here, I couldn't read through all the pages again - I am angry at how UKPC got hold of my personal details, via DVLA, to write me their threatening letters. Is this a breach of data protection? Would it be possible to take a case against them. I might, if there is sufficient interest and support, be prepared to take out a test case.

There is a very relevant article in The Times on line about DVLA selling off personal data. It says "The agency made more than £4 million last year by selling the details of 1.6 million drivers. It sold 900 names and addresses to Newline Securities and Parking Control Management, both of which have repeatedly double-charged drivers for parking breaches and inflated bills by adding spurious charges."

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6440803.ece

One issue I would like to have clarified - and apologise if it's already been dealt with here, I couldn't read through all the pages again - I am angry at how UKPC got hold of my personal details, via DVLA, to write me their threatening letters. Is this a breach of data protection? Would it be possible to take a case against them. I might, if there is sufficient interest and support, be prepared to take out a test case.

There is a very relevant article in The Times on line about DVLA selling off personal data. It says "The agency made more than £4 million last year by selling the details of 1.6 million drivers. It sold 900 names and addresses to Newline Securities and Parking Control Management, both of which have repeatedly double-charged drivers for parking breaches and inflated bills by adding spurious charges."

Apologies if this has already been mentioned.

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6440803.ece

hi its not illegal for the DVLA to sell on your details as i found out when i queried this with them after I got my ticket, apparently they have to be members of certain organisations to be able to buy them in the first place, I did a lot of digging around ( as I was well peed off they had gotten my details) and found it had something to do with the British Parking Association.

Anybody can pay £2.50 for an address.

It's a government [problem] as much as a parking co one.

[problem]? So you feel that it is urreasonable for law-abiting citizens to be told an RK's address should they have a legitimate need to know who it is?

It is the parking companies who have made the process unsavoury, not the other way around.

Hi all,

I am on my 6th letter now from UKPC/Rossendales Collect. I have not written to them or contacted them at all so far. The letter I received today from Rossendales Collect was a Notice Of Visit, threatening to visit my home within the next few days.

Am I still doing the right thing to ignore them? Has anyone had anyone visit them yet. Should I worry about a visit or am I ok to just keep ignoring them?

Just getting a little worried.

Hi all,

I first tentatively looked at this site about 2 months ago when we first got a UKPC ticket in our local Tesco's in Hull.

I answered the first letter from UKPC saying I was not the driver at the time so consequently was not answerable to the said "fine".

Several letters followed each one sounding more urgent than the one before.

Eventually we were sent the threatening letter from their solicitors.

By chance the day after my wife was at work and spoke to a colleague about the mess around we were having.

Her friend went on to say that the same thing happened to her a few months ago.

Now the interesting part.

She stormed up to the Tesco's help desk and demanded to speak to the manager. He listened and then just said for her to give it to him.

He opened up a large drawer which was full of similar tickets.Putting it in with the rest of them he told her not to worry and she would not hear any more about it.

Which she hasn't!

I intended sending another letter to the solicitor however after hearing what had happened here we thought maybe we should approach Tesco's.

We took in all the letters we had received and explained to the manager the "trouble" we had been through.

He took all the paperwork off us (which we had photocopied) and said he would deal with it.

Two days later we received a letter from UKPC saying they had now dropped the case!

Result!:)

The only snag here being the fact that when we got the ticket originally we just panicked and though we would have to pay up.

It was only when I went on this site that I knew it was in effect a [problem] by urchins trying to make easy money from the gullible or uninformed British public.

Unfortunately there will always be people who are all to willing to cough up without taking a little time to find out some facts.

Anyway just to say thanks for the guidance and maybe this story could be passed on to others who just may want to approach whoever the owners may be of the car park being surveyed by UKPC.

I've just received my 10th letter and this one is also from Credit Security Ltd. It says that:

1. You have ignored repeated applications for settlement.

2. You have had the benefit of goods/services supplied for which you have not paid. (I've had no goods or services!!!)

Unless we hear from you within seven days with a payment and repayment proposal we may without further notice:

a. INSTRUCT ONE OF OUR LOCAL COLLECTORS TO CALL UPON YOU FOR PAYMENT.

b. PROCEED WITH LEGAL ACTION FOR RECOVERY THROUGH AYLESBURY COUNTY COURT.

IT IS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO MAKE AN ARRANGEMENT FOR SETTLEMENT NOW BY COMPLETING THE PORTION BELOW AND RETURNING THE ENTIRE LETTER TO HIS OFFICE.

Has anyone had one of these and do I need to worry that they actually will go to court?

I've just received my 10th letter and this one is also from Credit Security Ltd. It says that:

1. You have ignored repeated applications for settlement.

Translated, 'You have ignored our begging letters'.

2. You have had the benefit of goods/services supplied for which you have not paid. (I've had no goods or services!!!)

Rubbish

Unless we hear from you within seven days with a payment and repayment proposal we may without further notice:

a. INSTRUCT ONE OF OUR LOCAL COLLECTORS TO CALL UPON YOU FOR PAYMENT.

:lol::lol::lol:

b. PROCEED WITH LEGAL ACTION FOR RECOVERY THROUGH AYLESBURY COUNTY COURT.

IT IS IN YOUR OWN INTEREST TO MAKE AN ARRANGEMENT FOR SETTLEMENT NOW BY COMPLETING THE PORTION BELOW AND RETURNING THE ENTIRE LETTER TO HIS OFFICE.

Do I need to worry that they actually will go to court?

NO

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Hi,

I am new to posting on this site, although have been following it since I received a deposit on my windscreen from the lovely UKPC a few months ago. I have since ignored the 8 or so letters and twice weekly telephone calls, as advised on here.

But, (and I know that this is their intention), I am starting to worry a little as I have now received a "payslip" looking letter stating that i WILL be visited by a debt collector. However I don't seem to see a mention on here of anyone else getting one of these.

Can anyone confirm that they have, and reassure me that ignoring them is still the right thing to do.

Also, I thought you could only get a CCJ if you have unpaid "debt" ? And I don'yt owe them a penny.

By their very nature these 'inducements to pay' have to evolve as sites like this provide much advance knowledge of the process, demystifying it and explaining it is simply a ploy to relieve you of some money.

You cannot get a CCJ for a debt that has not been to court. Even then, not only do you have to lose, you had to fail to pay their demand within 21/28 days. Only then will there be a 'Judgement' recorded against you.

I am starting to worry a little as I have now received a "payslip" looking letter stating that i WILL be visited by a debt collector. However I don't seem to see a mention on here of anyone else getting one of these.

It might say WILL, but it still WILL NOT happen. If it does, you can just tell them to PO, FO, or any combination of initials that takes your fancy. :)

Can anyone confirm that they have, and reassure me that ignoring them is still the right thing to do.

Yes it is.

Also, I thought you could only get a CCJ if you have unpaid "debt" ? And I don'yt owe them a penny.

You are correct. You'd never have believed they would lie to you like that would you. :lol:

Hi. I got a payslip one 3 letters ago. The next one will be from a Debt Enforcement Office DEMANDING you pay IMMEDIATELY and if you dont it oculd result in a DEBT COLLECTOR calling upon you for a CCJ being registered against you. The one after that is from the same people saying documents for legal action are now being prepared by their department. The one I got this morning says that they may proceed with legal action for recovery through Aylesbury County Court. I haven't ever received any phone calls though, although that may be because my telno is ex directory. What a blessing!! The letter seem to come at 2 week intervals so I'll wait and see what comes through my letterbox the week after next. I have never responded to any of the letters and just come back to the forum for support each time I receive a letter. The advice on here is still to ignore them and thats what I will continue to do. I wish somebody would stop them threatening people though.

Thanks for the replies to my post guys.

I shall continue as I am then, ignoring the letters and calls, although the later is becoming a pain.There must be some way to stop them harrassing people at home like this?

Does anyone know how long I have to endure this for btw?

:smile:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4818 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks